The reason why

To the moon

"Melanie? Please come and measure yourself.", the nurse said. "Yes, I will." I jumped out of my bed,
put on my slippers and shuffled toward the examining room. As you have already noticed, my name is Melanie.
I am 16 years old but I think why I'm in hospital is more interesting. Since 7 years now I have diabetes and
Actually I don't care abot my health but my mother forced me to go to the hospital.
But as long as I can spend the rest of my time with my fiance, it's ok to be here. Yes... I am already engaged at the age of 16 and I'm
damn proud of it. I know Jongup now almost 8 months and we are together like 4 months.
He is with his 1.77 m, 10 inches taller than me.
I want to tell you how I came to this honor to be his fiancee. I was in school with my best friend Maren.
In the break she handed me a big bag with a letter and a small piece of paper.
I read the first letter in which Jongups best friend told me a bit about her and my fiance.
"Hey Mel, there is a little note too.", Maren said surprised but she already knew what would happen next because Jongup
told her. I was curious because it was the first time Jongup read a letter to me. I scanned the letter quickly and found a
riddle. As I proudly told the solution to Maren, she gave me another little note.
This riddle was a bit more difficult than the first and so Maren helped me a bit, so I also solve it.
I wondered all the time, why I had to solve this, even I knew he loved it to be mysterious.
Because of this he calls be Sherly, short for Sherlock.
As the break was over, I could call him: "Honey? What's that all albout? "
"What Sherly?"
"I mean this with all the riddles. Why did I have to solve these?"
"Melanie, turn around. And please don't scream or for heaven's sake I'll hit you. "
"What the hell?"
Maren gave me a package and took my cellphone. I opened the package and found another list of compliments.
I read the note quickly and put it in my pocket. The interesting thing about the package, was a small white box.
I took out the box and opened it. Inside the box, I found ANOTHER note, which I ignored because I thought it
would be irrelevant. So I began the search box and found a silver ring and a matching necklace with a white stone.
I turned to Maren, who looked at me with a smile. "Why are you smiling like that?", I asked her.
"Honey, thanks for the necklace and the ring.", I said a little louder for Jongup because Maren still held it.
"I can't believe... She didn't notice!!", she said into the phone.
"What didn't I notice?" Maren rolled her eyes: "Have you read ALL of the paper?"
"Yes ... of course! Whoops~ "
"What 'Whoops'? "
I fished the note out of my pocket, unfolded it and read the contents, which was: "You've managed to solve my riddles.
In this unusual way I want to ask you if you want to marry me." I started to scream for joy and pulled the phone out of Maren's hand and said:
"Of course I want to marry you!"
"Honey, I know that you want nothing but that...", he said while laughing.
"Pabo!", I said with a laugh.
I was grinning in the examination room, grabbed a swab and a lancing device.
I held the drop of blood in the blood glucose meter and waited for the resut.
"6.7", the nurse said and turned it out.
"12 units.", I said.
" Right. 12 Units. " I searched for my syringe and needle, disinfectant and a swab.
Just before I shot myself, I showed the nures my pen and she approved with a nod.
As I finished I put everything in the right place and went to my room, where my food already waiting for me.
After I started eating, my roommate came and sat down.
"Hey Mela? How was it?", SooYoung asked.
"Pretty good. 6.7 and yours? ", I asked her between bites of my cheese toast. "Not that good. 11.4. ", she said sad.
"Ya! Sooyoung-ah! Hold you head high! It's your first time here. Everything will be alright, trust me."
As I heared myself saying this phrase, my thoughts drifted back to Jongup and our last mission.