Boyfriend. (Or not?)

She's So Dead To Us

Hana :

"Um, hi?" Siwon said sarcastically. "What's up?"

"Actually, I came over to see if I could, you know, cut in or whatever."

I snorted a laugh. "Yeah, right."

Luhan coloured slightly. "What?"

"No, you cannot." I said slowly. He was finally giving me my chance to reject him. To make him feel the way I felt when I saw him peeling off from my house with the Idiot Twins cackling in the backseat. 

He was there, defiling my home, rubbing my downfall in my face.

And yet now he was asking me to dance?

"But I --"

Siwon slipped in front of me, facing off with Luhan. "She said no thanks. You can walk away now."

My heart fluttered. Siwon was defending me. But as much as I appreciated the gesture, I wasn't about to let him speak for me.

"I got this, Siwon." 

I stepped around him and looked up at Luhan, lifting my chin. Yoona and her partner were suddenly there at our side, as if a brawl were about to break out and they were ready to throw down.

"I'll dance with," I told him, "after you give me the two hundred dollars you owe me."

His brow knitted. "What?"

 

"200 dollars. That's what it's going to cost to have the lawn jockey you and your friends left on my doorstep hauled away." I folded my arms over my green H&M dress - the one I bought last year.

Luhan blanched. "I..."

"No? I can take a cheque. I do know where you live in case it bounces." I held my hand out flat, waiting.

I narrowed my eyes as my heart started to soften. It was so Luhan-sessed that it wanted to take that meager nothing of an apology and run with it. But I won't let it. 

My brain had some pride, though my heart didn't.

"Come on, Siwon. let's get out of here." I took his hand.

Confused, Siwon followed me towards the door nonetheeless. Luhan, to my surprise, came after us.

"Wait." His hand was on my arm. I turned. "Look, I'm sorry, okay?" He said quietly "We shouldn't have done it. But it's not like it's my idea--"

"Oh? Then whose? Tell me so I can ask them for  cash."

Luhan looked away, his handsome face turning a deeper shade of red.

"Fine." I twisted around on my heel and walked off.

 

~

 

"Hey, Siwon," I said.

His eyebrows rose. "Yeah?"

My stomach clenched. Luhan was clearly a jerk, and Siwon was the opposite. Maybe the key to breaking the Luhansession was to replace it with something else. Something real. Someone who actually cared about me.

"The answer is yes." I said.

His grin lit the entire room. He took a sliding, sideways step towards me. "Yeah?"

I grinned back. "Yeah."

 

He then leaned in and kissed me, his lips warm and soft, his eyelashes tickling my cheek. When he pulled away, I smiled.

There may not be fireworks, but it was nice. Part of me had to wonder if Luhan had seen that too, but I forced myself not to look over at him. From now on, I only had eyes for Choi Siwon. I was a Norm, I was gonna date a Norm, and I'm gonna forget all the lameass Cresties and their evil pranks.

 

 

~

 

The lawn jockey disappeared after umma went off for a date with her new boyfriend. Ew.

I want to know for sure. Had Luhan taken the lawn jockey? Had he suddenly become human on the very night I started going out with someone else?

I took the Harvest Lane hill at a sprint and arrived at my old house soaked with sweat and rain, my chest heaving up and down.

I stopped as I approached the front door. The lawn jockey was standing just off to the right of the bottom step. As if it never left.

Though my finger was shaking, I managed to press the bell purposefully. Then I helf my breath.

A tall, wiry kid who was not Luhan answered the door.

"Hey." He looked confused. "Hey. Is Luhan here?"

"Yeah." He half closed the door. "Hyung! Some girl!"

 

I heard barreling feet on the stairs. Luhan slapped his brother on the back of the head as he arrived, then blushed when he saw it was me.

"Oh," he said. "Hey."


"Nice lawn jockey. Is it new?" I said.

"Sort of." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I owe you a game." I said, peeling off my hoodies and tossing it over my shoulder. I tried not to care  that my gray shirt was sticking to my skin at the back of the neck, under my arms, and the center of my stomach. He looked up at the sky.

The misting changed into a steady drizzle. "It's raining."

"Oh, so you're a wuss." I  taunted.

He gave me a look, then disappeared. Seconds later he was back, basketball in hand. He threw it at my chest. Hard.

 

 

A/N :

DOUBLE UPDATEEEE! 

Double update? ;-)