Would you go out with me? Well, would you?

She's So Dead To Us

A/N : I'm sure you guys are wondering what Hana did to Krystal with Bacon right ;-) You'll find out. Soon. Hee. AND COMMENT, YOU LITTLE ES.

 

Luhan's POV:

The door to my room opened and I dropped my Xbox controller and lifted my Physics text onto my lap. Then I saw it was Seul Mi and let the book slide to the floor.

"Nice try, Lu, but even your mom would've caught that one," she said.

"Everything okay?" I asked. Usually when Seul Mi came barreling into my room unannounced, it was because her dad was on a bender and she needed to escape.

"I'm just bored." She shoved her hands under my arms behind to lift me up. "Come on, Baekhyun and the twins are downstairs harassing your brother, and Krystal's in the car.

I shut the TV off. "Car?"

None of us had our licenses, but that never stopped Seul Mi when she had a plan. And when she had a plan, it usually meant a good time.

 

~

 

Seul Mi bent at the waist and wrapped her arms around the legs of the lawn jockey (statue of a man wearing jockey) that stood at the foot of the stairs outside my house.

"Um, why?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"You hate this thing, don't you?" She rolled her eyes up at me.

I did. It had been there when we moved in, and I'd always thought it was the ugliest thing ever, but my mother loved it. She thought it made us look wealthy.

"Yeah."

"So help me get it in the car."

Baek and I shrugged. The thing was way heavier than it looked, and it was a struggled for all five of us to lift it over the rear bumper and into the trunk. We laid it down and it stared out at me, holding its lantern like an accusing finger.

"Dude, sorry. I'm sure you're going to a better place." I said to it.. We got into the car.

"Where're we going?" I asked.

"Thatt's for Krystal and I to know." Seul Mi replied, eyes sparkling.

As always, Krystal, who was sitting on Baekhyun's lap, sighed.

"Wait. We're not going for ice cream?" Taejun asked. Taeju slapped him on the head. "Where's Suzy?"

"Working with her vocal coach." Krystal answered. "But she wanted us to take pictures."

"Pictures huh? This is gonna be good!" Taejun said. "You bet." Seul Mi winked at Krystal in the rearview mirror.

'Are we leaving him at the park?" Baekhyun asked.

"Nope."

"The club?"

"Nope."

"The farm?" Baekhyun asked.

"No."

 

She slammed the brakes at the stop light at the bottom of the hill. An Orchard Hill police cruiser rolled past us and I held my breath. The cop glanced up at Seul Mi and blinked, but he kept driving. The light turned green and we bucked forward.

 

Seul Mi turned right, and raced past the sign for the Orchard View Condominiums. . We were going to Hana's house. A hard stone formed inside my gut. I looked at  Baekhyun. He stared out the windows and his nostrils flared.

"Welcome to OVC baby!" Taejun cackled.

"Seul Mi. What the hell are we doing here?" I asked.

"This is perfect. Mrs. Kim bought this thing at an auction for like a zillion dollars when we were in fourth grade. It was like her pride and joy. We're just returning it to the rightful owner."

 

No you're not. You're taunting Hana. Reminding her that she no longer lives in the house she grew up in. That he no longer belong here. "I don't know."

"It's just  a prank, god damn." Seul Mi said. "Why do you care? Do you like her or something?" She glanced over at me, flicking her bangs from her eyes.

'No," I stared straight ahead. "It's just....kind of, I dont know, childish?"

She rolled her eyes.

 

She put the car in park and jumped out the car. Twins followed, scrambling right out. Jerks. I know they liked Hana too, but they never say no to anything.

Krystal hopped out after them and smoothed down her skirt, opening the lens of the camera.

"You guys gonna help or what?"

I looked at Baek. I was surprised. This was the kind of jackass prank he was normally totally up for. But then, so was I. And I hadn't moved yet either.

"You can't back out on us." Seul Mi hissed. "We can't move this thing on our own."

"," Baekhyun muttered under his breath. He shoved his door open and got out. "Hyung. Let's go."

I swallowed hard.

"What's your problem?" Seul Mi asked, coming to my window. "This is nothing compared to all the crap we've pulled. What, is she such an incredible backslapper that you've developed some kind of soft spot for her?"

 

"No." I said.

The best thing was to get it over with and get out of here before Hana could see us. Before she saw I had anything to do with it. Before all her opinions of me could be confirmed.

It took about thirty seconds of grunting and shifting to deposit the lawn jockey outside Hana's door.

"You sure you wanna do this?" Krystal asked. "Krys! Come on! This was practically your idea." Seul Mi hissed.

"I just said I bet her mom misses the lawn jockey. I didn't mean we should bring it here! I mean, look how sad it looks."

We all stared down at the lawn jockey. It was so massive. Suddenly, a light flicked overhead.

"!" The Idiot twins whispered in unison, and ran. Krystal was right on their heels. Baek, Seul Mi and I froze. "Let's go." I hissed, my heart in my throat. "Wait, there's one more thing." Seul Mi said.

And she rang the doorbell.

"Dammit!"

Seul Mi laughed and sprinted for the car. Baekhyun launched himself face first into the backseat. I fumbled with the handle and ducked inside. Seul Mi hit the gas and peeled out. Baekhyun kept repeating ", , " while Krystal hid her face with her hands while the Twins whopped and cheered.

I told myself not to look back. After all, the hood of the car was down.

But I did anyway.

I looked back to find Kim Hana's stricken face staring after me.

 

Hana's POV:

I glanced around the baseball field which had been completely taken over by the Fall Festival.

There were a lot of people here.

"All these people here are all freaks." Yoona said. Siwon laughed. "I thought the artsy people were your people."

Yoona blinked and tugged down on the brim of her gray plaid fedora as she looked around. "They are. But that doesn't mean they're not freaks."

"She's right yknw." Bae Suzy walked up behind us. The sound of her voice makes me clench. "And I happen to think you two fit RIGHT IN."

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Songsaenim was somwhow convinced that the drama club's presence should be compulsory. Thanks a lot for that," She sneered at Yoona, who was in the organising committee. "So I'm doing face painting. Want a moustache? It would be an improvement."

My face flushed with heat. "Or you, Yoona? I could do a whole white face thing. Might actually camoflauge the pimples for once."

Yoona opened to respond but I beat her to it.

"Enough! When the hell did you become such a psychotic ?" I blurted.

 

Suzy's jaw dropped as Siwon laughed. Maybe what I said was harsh, but she deserved it.

"Speechless? Don't have an answer?" I prodded.

"Coz I'm curious. Do you remember the actual date and time of your supervillain transformation? Was there a scorpion sting involved?"

 

"Screw you, Hana." Suzy said, narrowing her eyes.

"Right back at you, Suzy."

 

~

 

 

"Well it happened in February of freshman year." Yoona said, holding on to her hat as the wind picked up. "Right around when you moved away. One day she's perfectly normal, the next day she's mocking and screaming at me at Spring Fling about how I'm a loser with no friends."

 

It all made sense now. All Suzy ever wanted was for Krystal and Seul Mi to accept her, but they'd only hung out with her because of me. Once I was gone, she must have been desperate to hang on to them.

 

It was all my fault. God. No wonder everyone here  hated me.

Just then, Seul Mi walked towards our way. My heart dropped at the sight of her. I knew she had to be involved in the lawn jockey debacle. "Prank" was her middle name.

 

~

 

Spring Fling.

Xi Luhan was staring at me. He was cocked back in a chair in his blue suit and dark orange tie, some sophomore girl in a low-cut dress nibbling on his neck, and he was staring at me.

Why? Why was he looking at me like I was the gravy and he was the biscuit? Had we not locked eye just the other night in the parking lot when he was making his getaway? Did he not know that I knew he was an of the first order?

I tore my eyes away from Luhan and looked at Siwon. His arms were around my waist and mind around his neck as we slow danced under the disco ball.

He looked adorable.

We turned in a full circle and my gaze went directly to Luhan again. I wished he wasn't here. I was having a perfectly nice time with Siwon, Yoona, and Yoona's partner.

What the hell was my problem? Practically all I thought about was Luhan. Half the time I fantasized about bumping into him in the hall and ripping into him for the lawn jockey prank. Did he not know his consequences?

 

"I have a question." Siwon said. "Would you go out with me?" I stepped on my own foot and sort of slid sideway. "What?" My heart was pounding a mile a minute. He had to be kidding.

"Um...Do you really need me to say it again?"

 

I swallowed hard. "I thought you said you liked Seul Mi."

"That was stupid. That was like, an unattainable stupid crush. But you... You're extremely cool. Any guy in this room would kill to have a girlfriend like you."

Could he be possibly any sweeter? I took a deep breath and considered Siwon. Sweet, fun, adorable Siwon.

But what was stopping me from saying yes?

 

 

"Hey."

We both turned. Xi Luhan stood in front of us, jacket ed, hands in his pockets. Hotter than any normal person had the right to be.

 

 

 

 


  omg hi