Bad Start

She's So Dead To Us

Your POV :

Right. So this was a bad idea. I felt it the moment I stepped up to the imposing double doors of Oh Sehun's ranch-style house.

Krystal was standing in the middle of the sunken living room, surrounded by Seul Mi, Suzy and half a dozen Crestie girls (rich girls).

The Idiot Twins had hooked up some kind of zipline over the pool, from which they were now swinging like monkeys from two opposing trees. As I watched, two of them collided in midair.

There was a groan. A splash. Then a cheer. Which meant, I supposed, that they were still alive.

Then there was Bedroom Boy, who was pressed up against the far wall, a girl in a barely there minidress slobbering all over him.

Well then.

I guess he hadn't invited me here because he actually wanted to see me  or anything. I took a breath to quel the disappointment in my chest.

It was not about Bedroom Boy. This was about seeing my lifelong best friends for the first time in a year and a half.

This was a total nightmare.

"Hana?"

The voice came from behind. I whirled around to find Byun Baekhyun standing there. He was taller, broader, less doofyboy and more hot-guy. Also, he didn't look unhappy to see me. Which kinda made sense, but also kinda didn't.

"Baek. Hey."

His eyes flicked past me towards Krystal and the rest of them, checking to see if they noticed him talking to me. My nervousness mounted.

"What're you doing here?" He asked, wrapping me in a brief hug.

So I guess they haven't noticed us yet.

"I--"

"Wait." He pulled back, looking suddenly nervous. "You're not gonna tell anyone about --"

"Oh. My. God. She's. Here."

 I would have recognized Suzy's voice even if it hadn't been louder than every other one in the room.

I moved from Baekhyun and went into the living room, where all my former friends had turned around to face me.

Bedroom Boy somehow lost his hanger-on as he stepped away from the wall. He hovered a bit behind the rest of them, pushing his hands sheepishly into the pockets of his chino shorts.

"Hey guys." I waved awkwardly.

Baekhyun closed the door behind me and went directly to Krystal's side. So i guess they were still together.

There was a prolonged silence as the periphery people moved discreetly away, staying close enough of course to keep an eye on the impending drama.

I tried not to ponder what it meant that my friends hadn't all rushed to hug me. Instead, I hugged them.

Krystal in her sundress and coral sweater, her light brown hair pulled back in an eyelet band. Her posture straight as ever, her eyes assessing me as if I was the new girl in town rather than the girl she'd known since nanny care.

Seul Mi cut her hair, she had bangs in her dark hair, and they practically covered her eyes. She was wearing skinny jeans and a black T-short with a studded belt, looking like some kinda supermodel.

And then there was Suzy.

She changed more than anyone. Gone were the cutesy tank tops and wild brown curls and natural skin.

She was now wearingg a cowl-necked tank top over microshorts and high-heeled sandals, her hair straightened and her face so perfectly painted it was practically air-brushed.

Gone was also the friendly, open face. She had a scowl on like nothing I'd ever seen before.

"You have got to be kidding me." Suzy said. "What are you doing here, Norm (poor)? Coz I know nobody invited YOU."

 

Norm. The nickname we Cresties had for the kidsfrom the other "normal" side of the town. Which I guess was me now.

My eyes flickered immediately to Bedroom Boy. He flushed and looked away.

Perfect. I loved a guy with no spine.

"Just....wanted to see you guys." I told her.

My brain struggled to reconcile this y socialite with the Super Junior fan I'd left behind less than two years ago.

"How are you?"

"Oh please." Suzy said. "Like you care."

"Suzy." Krystal scolded. That was Krystal. Always making sure that no situation grew too awkward or unpleasant. I had news for her. I was already feeling plenty awkward.

"No! No way!" Suzy said, incredulous. "You know the only reason she's here is because she wants us to pity her. She thinks she can be like, rich by association or something."

My skin stung like I'd just endured a full body slap. She couldn't have been more wrong.

"Like we're really gonna be your friend again after your dad stole from our families." Suzy said, turning on me again with narrow eyes.

"Stole?" I repeated, baffled. "He didnt steal anything. Is that what you guys think? He--"

"Oh please! That's why my mum can't retire and Seul Mi's mum had to sell their shore house and get a job and Baekhyun has no trust fund?" Suzy said, crossing her skinny little arms across her skinny little chest. "The Idiot Twins lost their homes thanks to you."

I swallowed hard. I knew my family had been hit hard by my dad's mistale. But I had no idea about other people's loss.

Okay, Hana. Deep breath. You didn't do this to them, your dad did. They can't take it out on you.

"And don't you ever get me started on what you did to Krystal." Suzy added.

Gravity reversed itself. I looked at Krystal. She couldn't know, could she?

Suzy didn't mean--

"Suzy, stop. Everyone, just chill." Seul Mi interrupted.

She stepped in front of me. The girl who used to challenged me to swim races and paint my toenails different colours. The one whose deepest secrets I kept locked away in the bottom of my heart.

"You need to go. Now."

"Seul Mi, I --"

"Suzy's right. Look around. You don't blong here."

Right then, the back door slid open, leting his shouts and squeals from the backyard. In tromped the Kim (Idiot) Twins.

"Yo! Where's the chips and dips?" Taejun shouted. Taeju stopped in his tracks. "Dude. Who died?"

Then he saw me and his eyes lit up. "Kim Hana!" He loped over and gave me a huge, wet bear hug. His soaked brown hair dripping all over my shoulders.

"You're looking smokin' as ever! Where you been, girl?"

Taejun came over and hugged me too, turning me into a filling inside an Idiot Twin sandwich.

The force of their hugs brought tears to my eyes. I'd missed them.

"I've to go." I mumbled.

"Wait, what?" Taeju said.

"You just got here! We're gonna have dips and chips!" Taejun added.

I mumbled a sorry and and ran out to the driveway where I stashed my bike under the trees.

I pedalled off quickly. Somewhere back there behind the trees was my old house. My old life. The life that I, apparently could never go back to.

 

September

---Chatroom 199---

: Did you guys hear what happened at Oh Sehun's house last night? It was so intense.

: What?

: Bae Suzy totally ed out Kim Hana.

: Wait, Kim Hana? She's back?

: Where have you been? I've tweeted about this for days.

: Wait, you were invited to Sehun's house?

: Um, no. What am I, sleeping with the guy? Please. Yoona told me.

: Im Yoona? How did she get in?

: Oh, she goes to all the Crestie parties. She's like obsessed with Suzy or something. Every since Suzy dumped her at that Spring Fling dance freshman year?

: Wait, Yoona's a lesbian?

: No, loser. They were friends. Suzy was like the only Crestie who ever even acknowledged us.Until she turned to the dark side.

: And Hana too.

: Hana what?

: Hana was always cool to us too.

 

Luhan's POV:

We were hanging out at the bottom of the steps to the junior/senior entrance and I looked up at the school. It was sort of intimidating.

"I better get eighth period study hall. Then I could get some snooze." Seul Mi yawned.

"Unless I get study hall too." I said. Seul Mi grinned. "Of course, then we'll be having some fun." We knocled fists as Suzy rolled her eyes. "Just try not to destroy school property. My mum's this close to not letting me hang out with you guys anymore."

Seul Mi and I laughed.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kim Hana waiting at the bottom of the hill on the other side. She wore skinny jeans and a white top. Her hair was down. It looked nice down.

I felt bad about what happened last night. About how I didn't say anything. "So what the hell happened last night with that Hana girl?" We were climbing the steps together, and the girls stopped as soon as I asked.

"What do you mean? You were there." Suzy said.

"I know but I mean...what did she do to Krystal that was so bad?" I asked.

Suzy and Seul Mi exchanged a look. "Complicated." Seul Mi said, tossing her dark hair over her shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at Hana.

"You coming?"

"I'll catch up."

They exchanged another look - always needing to check the other's reaction to everything - then kept walking.

I jogged round the corner to the front of the school, sticking close to the building . I clutched the straps on my backpack and waited for Hana to see me. When she did she almost tripped, then looked away.

I knew it. She hated me now. The girl I couldn't stop thinking about hated my guts. I took a few steps towards her so she couldn't ignore me. "Hey," I said.

She turned around and her mum turned as well. Oh, crap.

"Hello." Her mum said. "Hi, Mrs Kim. I'm Luhan. Hana and I met the other day at --"

"Party." Hana interrupted. I looked at her, confused. "You went to a party? When?"

"Last night, for a little while. Long story."

"You went and didn't tell me?

Great, I got her in trouble.

"Umma." Hana gritted her teeth. "It was at Sehun's house."

Her mum's face lit up, and I felt satisfied, until I saw the look of death that Hana shot me. What? What did I do?

"How is Sehun? His mum?" Mrs Kim asked.

"Umma, we're gonna be late. Let's go."

"Actually, could I just speak to Hana for a sec?" I asked. "A sec, I swear."

Hana heaved a sigh. "I'll be right in mum."

Her mum turned and walked into the school.

"So, Luhan, huh?" Hana said. "Nice to meet you yeah?"

Suddenly, I felt nervous. I've never felt nervous around girls. "Yeah, so last night kinda ." I smiled.

"Oh, you were there? Could have fooled me."

She reached around me for the door, and I had to sidestep her to block her way. I hesitated. I don't think I've ever tried to block a girl from walking away in my life. Most girls would have blushed and say "Don't worry about it."

"Look, I wanted to say something, but what could I say? I don't know what happened between you guys before I moved here."

She looked me dead in the eye.

I'd been up all night htinking about all the things I could have said or done. Told Suzy to back off. Cracked a joke. Just gotten Hana out of there. I'd been pissed I hadn't done those things. It was bad enough I was pissed at myself, but who was she to be mad at me?

"I barely even know you. Yet I'm responsible for defending you?"

Hana paused. She looked down and laughed. "You're right."

"I am?" I straightened up.

"Yeah. I never needed a knight in shining armour before and I don't need one now."

"Okay. So can we just --"

"And you're right about something else."  She interrupted. I was annoyed at being cut off. "What now?"

"We don't know each other. And I think we should keep it that way."

 

Fine. Whatever. I'll just pretend we never even met each other. It would make everything a whole lot easier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : HELLO FELLOW EARTHLINGS LMAO. I would love to see you guys commenting yeah? xx

 

PhotobucketCUTIE PIE