Behind his back

She's So Dead To Us

Hana:

"Yes! That's game!" I threw my arms above my head, holding the air hockey paddle aloft. The crowd cheered and lifted their plastic cups. Across the table, Siwon hung his head, shaking it in what could only be wonder at my air hockey prowess.

"Two out of three?" He asked. I laughed and twirled  the paddle in my palm. "You sure you can take it?"

He blushed but laughed. One of the best things about him was his ability to take a joke. I loved that I didn't have to walk on eggshells with him. A lot of people wouldn't have enjoyed being trash-talked by their girlfriends in front of a party full of people. But Siwon had a sense of humor.

"Come on, Hana. Give the kid a chance to redeem himself." Lee Hyukjae said, slinging his arms around my shoulder. Hyukjae was the center of the boys' basketball team and one of the nicer guys I'd re-met since coming back to Orchard Hill High. Not to mention cute with his warm eyes and gum smile.

He lived on the Norm side of town, but in one of the bigger houses near the library. "Well it's your party," I said, pushing him lightly away with my elbow. 

"Wanna take the first shot?" I looked across at Siwon. He yanked the puck out of the slot and placed it on the table as I clicked my scorekeeper down to zero-zero.

I held my paddle on the table, feeling the tickle of air under my arm. I was totally on my game tonight. Siwon as going down. Poor dude had no idea.

Behind him I saw a couple of pairs of legs coming down the basement stairs. The second Siwon hit the puck, the first person arrived at the doorway. 

It was Xi Luhan.

What the hell was he doing here?

"Yes! One to nothing!" Siwon shouted. Half the crowd cheered. As Siwon turned to high five with a couple of guys, I tore my eyes away from Luhan. Sure enough, the red puck was sitting in the slot right in front of me. Luhan smirked at me and I narrowed my eyes.

Thanks a lot, buddy.

Did he not know that this was a Norm party? Did he not have somewhere more Crestie to be? Somewhere fabulous and expensive where he could be surrounded by a hundred drunk hotties to choose from?

We hadn't spoken since our basketball game in the rain and part of me had started to feel that the Luhan chapter of my life - short as it was - was officially over. That I'd be only seeing him from afar for the rest of my life. And I was fine with that. Because I had Siwon. 

But now here Luhan was, and instantly the Luhansession was back in full force. The entire atmosphere of the party changed with him in the room. The air actually thickened and sizzled. No one could tear their eyes from him. Or maybe that was just me.

I took the puck out of the slot and placed it on the table.

"Lucky shot."

"Yeah yeah. More like the beginning of your downward spiral." Siwon flicked his fingers at me. "Bring it."

Slowly, Luhan slid behind Siwon over to the wall at the side of the table. I wished he would just go away. Go find some freshman to scam on or get himself a beer and a spot on the couch.

But he didn't.

A couple of the guys made room for him, and he leaned back against the wall to watch. He was wearing a black sweater with a half zip and a high collar that just about graze his perfect cheek bones. And he was staring at me with those brown eyes. I felt as if my blood were thinning out. 

"What're you, scared?" Siwon taunted, oblivious. I looked at him. My boyfriend. Choi Siwon, my boyfriend. Adorable Siwon in his Adidas hoodie who had just last night selflessly saved me from alone time with my potention step-family. What was wrong with me?

Taking a deep breath, I leaned into the table. Luhan is not here. Luhan is not here.

"Go Hana!" Luhan cheered.

I slammed the puck. It ricocheted right off the far wall and zoomed into my goal without Siwon even touching it. Laughter and cheers filled the room. My face burned.

I sighed. This was going to be a very short game. I'd have never let someone win but considering I'd spent the past fifteen minutes obsessing not about him but about the guy silently mocking me from the sidelines, I figured he deserved it.

"Yes! Game!" Siwon said, double high fiving anyone who'd reciprocate. 

We walked around the table and met in the middle, about two feet from where Luhan was standing.

"Good game." Siwon said, putting his arms around me. I felt hot and conspicuous all of a sudden. Luhan's gaze burned a complete hole in my cheek.

"Yeah." I replied. Then Siwon leaned in to kiss me and everyoned awwed and jeered. "Get a room!' Someone shouted. 

When I pulled away, Siwon gave me a hug and I rested my chin on his shoulder. Luhan was right there, staring into my eyes. My heart tap danced like mad. He smiled at me, shaking his head. 

I wasn't even sure what the joke was, but I finally let myself smile back.

Kissing and hugging one boy, smiling behind his back at another.

This was very not me.

 

 

A/N:

SHORT UPDATE. coz my computer's lagging like a . And there's an irritating mosquito that is feeding on me.