The first promise (PART 2/2)

Fulfill your promise

Taemin's dad was the first to see you. (givin that he was tall, and could look over the ocean of children playing) Taemin's bright face illuminated the whole room when he smiled at you. His dad bent down to Taemin and whispered "You take care of her now, alright? She's definitely in your future. Understand?" the son nodded and hugged his father goodbye and ran straight for you. You wondered what they were saying to eachother while taemin's mushroom hair was bobbing up and down, galloping up to you.

"Good morning!" he beamed stopping himself from running into an easel. "Hi Taemin!" you replied back without haste. You opened your mouth to say something else, but was cut off by Gwiboon. "Excuse me, but who are you?" she said crossing her arms across her chest. She looked at him with judgmental eyes. 

"Oh, i'm sorry. I'm Lee Taemin from class K-1, pleasure to meet you." Taemin said cheerfully, then bowing. "Uh.... yes, yes. Quite. I'm Gwiboon." she said responding back with an awkward 45 degree bow. "As I was saying," you started up again. "hes my best friend!" you ended clinging onto his arm. Your small group of three people started laughing.

"Who is that, and who does she think she is clinging onto Tae like that?" Taeyeon said to Minho. Taeyeon was the same age as you, but looked nothing like the rest of us. Her hair was a dirty blonde color, obviously dyed. It's ridiculous, because thats definitely not good for your hair; especially not at that age. But it had to be dyed because, she was a child model. Her dad owned a fashion company and of course; uses his own daughter as a model. Anyways, she's slender and her face was the best part of her. Eyes glossy and eyelashes full. Nose just perfect, smile almost as great as Taemin's.

"I have no idea, i've never seen her at the other day care before. Probably new?" Minho assumed. Same with Taeyeon, Minho didn't look anything like the rest of us. He was tall, pretty face, and his best feature was his eyes. They were like full moons. You don't see a face like his a lot. He had been family friend's with Taeyeon for a while now. Their parents met during a foreign business trip and collaborated ideas and what not. There was no doubt: they were going to be married once they were legal. But under their parents' force.

"Well maybe I should teach her the rules around he-" she began, jumping off the adult sized rocking chair, when Minho grabbed her wrist. He shook her head, and she knew what he was thinking. "Don't start anything on the first day. It's not even worth it." was what he thought. Flushed with anger, she sat back down and smoothed down her skirt with shaking hands. "She won't be touching him at all once i'm done with her." 

~~~~~

Half the day had zoomed by, with the first-day-ice-breaking games and free time. And all the while, you felt watched. Looking over your shoulder with furrowed eyebrows about every four minutes. "Are you alright?" Taemin said, examining the look on your face. "Yeah..." you said zoning out. "Again with the lies. Tsk tsk tsk." Gwiboon shook her head adding the irrelevant tongue clicking. You glared at her and a smile on Gwiboon's face appeard to be saying "You know you can't escape my abilities to see right through you." You gave a "Be quiet" look to her and continued listening to the teacher's reading.

An anxious seven minutes had passed by, when your teacher finished the boring story and announced that lunch was ready. The children obediently filed into a single line, following behind Taemin's black hair- scratch that, long blonde hair- Hold on a minute. "Where did Taemin go?" you blinked, and a pretty little face blinked back at you with a twisted smile. "I'm sorry, do you mind if I cut? I'm suuuuuuuuuper hungry." the girl lied. It was Taeyeon.

"Umm..." you honestly didn't know what to say to her. You couldn't just say, "How about no, I need to be with my best friend." That just sounds weird, especially since your best friend is a guy, people would get the wrong idea of you two. But maybe you wanted people to get that idea. HA. What were you thinking? You can't have a boyfriend at this age, nobody would take it seriously anyway.

Taemin had heard everything since he was only one person up the column. "I guess so?" you told her. Taemin turned around to smile at Taeyeon. "Here, you can cut me too then. Wouldn't want you to starve right?" he said walking back to the space between you and Taeyeon. "No, that's fin-" she stopped. Taemin had already walked back past her. There was a huge gap now, the girl with flowing golden hair, holding up the line. The children behind became fussy.

You stared at the back of Minnie's head, comprehending the situation. "He's nice enough to let somebody cut in the food line? Wow, i'm surprised, I will never be nice enough to do that."  You loved food more than anything really. It was nice, you ate as much food as you wanted to and still stayed skinny. The nickname your parents' had givin you was "The Bottomless Pit" it suits you well, you thought.

In the time that you were thinking taemin looked back to you and smiled. He knew you were lost in a train of thoughts, because he said you get a sort or twinkle in your eye when that happens. That's one thing he has picked up from you over the months you had known each other. He wasn't sure what you were thinking about, but he didn't want to interrupt if it were something important. So he let the lunch worker snap you out of it.

"Well that was embarassing." your face reddening.

Four tables were set out vertically with six chairs at each table. Taemin motioned for you to sit by him, he had saved you a chair at the table which was almost filled. Until that chair was taken up by the intentionally waiting Taeyeon. She reminded you of an army general, waiting for the right time to attack. On the outside you scowled, and on the inside you actually laughed so hard. Your name was screamed from across the room from a female voice, which belonged to Gwiboon. You gave Taemin a nod that said, "It's cool, i have friends too. Remember?" 

You thought that was totally smooth and you patted yourself on the back once you sat down. You looked up from the tray of rice and curry, to find two Gwiboons. Two. TWO?! You sat up in your chair and pointed to them, "W-W-WHAT?!" two sets of similar eyes looked at you. Looks like you had just seen a ghost. "OMO, why are you yelling?!" you didn't realize you had stood up and raised your voice. You turned to see the sea of children staring at you. Taeyeon laughing like a maniac, and Taemin slowly starting to crack a smile.

You immediately sat down and gobbled down the food in front of you. "Have you never seen a pair of twins before?" a boy's voice said. You almost choked on your food by the speed of your eating. Looking up at the two, you found Gwiboon, and her brother. Twin. Twin. Well, you never thought about that. You began to feel stupid, and hit yourself before saying, "I-I'm sorry.... I didn't think of that."

"Pabo." the voice sounded again, followed by a sharp "AY!" you assume Gwiboon elbowed her brother. "Yes, we are twins. This is Kibum, but everybody calls him Key." the girl said. "Sorry." he muttered under his breath, barely audible. You laughed at his diva personality, even if he was a boy. It was cute how he acted like that. You introduced yourself. 

The rest of the lunch period flew by, accompanied by much laughter and you enjoyed the company of the twins at the table. But you still felt like somebody was eyeing the back of your head so hard, you thought they would burn a hole right through.

~~~~~

"I need to say something to her." Taeyeon grumbled to Minho at recess outside. "Whats it to you if she clings to him?" he says, leaning coolly against the wall. Taeyeon blushed, "W-Well we can't have that kind of behavior at our school! It will poison the minds of everybody! Gosh Minho, use your head!" then she threw pebble at Minho. He dodged, knowing it was coming. He knows Taeyeon too well now.

"Whatever," she tells the tall boy. "i'm just going to lay down the rules." a smirk came across her lips.

A scream escaped your mouth as you were poked in the back by Key, indicating that it was your turn to chase him, Gwiboon and Taemin. You ran every which way to try to tag the others. You were actually a great runner, and could run forever if you paced yourself. You noticed one of your prey was slowing down, and this was your chance to get him. Suddenly he stopped and said the thing you feard the most, "WAIT WAIT WAIT TIME OUT!" you skidded to a stop and groaned loud, you were pissed. At him and yourself, for not running faster.

"But I just wanted water!" Taemin laughed. You could hear Key giggling and Gwiboon complaining that this was the fifth time-out. All which were made by Taemin. You just shrugged off the situation and took a seat under the shade of a far tree. Waiting for Taemin to say the words "Time in." again, you closed  your eyes just to rest. You felt a sharp pain coming from your scalp that made you jerk your eyes wide open, a whimpy sound came from your throat as you realized your hair was being pulled.

The pulling stopped, and you fell over to the side that was being yanked. "What- Hey!" you yelled up at Taeyeon. She stared straight down at you, hands on her hips. "Get this straight, leave Tae alone, got it? Do that, and I wont make your life fall apart." she hissed. "Who is Tae?" you asked confused. "I-uh, I-I meant Taemin!" she stuttered, surprised that she made that mistake of saying "Tae" instead of his full name. You stood up from the place you were laying, "I can do whatever I want, so no. He is my best friend and you aren't separating us!"

The blonde scoffed, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. Nobody has dared to stand up to her. "This might be a little harder than I thought." she thought. The teacher rang the bell to come inside. Nobody was paying attention, so she shoved your chest which made you fall backwards. Your back hit the tree behind you, force strong enough that you fumble back forwards and onto your knees. Tears swell up in your eyes as you felt like you coudn't breath. The wind was knocked right out of you. 

A tear from each eye fell in unison as you looked up. Your bully had already left. But what you saw hit you even harder. Taemin had been looking around for you, until Taeyeon entwined her fingers in his, lying that I was already inside. 

"Everybody already left." you thought. So you just let yourself cry outloud, there was no point in holding it in anymore. You thought about the worst. "What if she takes my best friend away from me? What if he likes her better than me?" fear struck you as you felt a hand on your shoulder. You absolutely did not want somebody to see you this weak. "You'll be okay." it reassured. Instinctively you fell into the chest of your comforter.

"You don't have to tell me what happened. I'm sorry I let you out of my sight." You listen to him talk. His voice was unreal. It had fatherly tone, kind of like when he lets his first daughter out on a date. That over protective side coming out. "I promise, I will always protect you." he thumbed away the tears and waited for your eyes to find his face.

You looked at your "savior".

Taemin.

 

A/N: I kinda had to rush at the end, because I was about to leave somewhere and i reeeeaaaally wanted to post this. Well, here you guys go!