Fated

Fulfill your promise

You were a little worried. Taemin hadn't come with his parents for the usual visit session that night. He wasn't texting like he usually did, using all of those smiley faces and whatnot. "He probably got into a fight with his parents. I understand that. Wait, the living room isn't as loud as it should be..." you wondered, walking down the hall only to find blank faces looking directly at you. About ten seconds pass without any words. Just eyeing. Awkwardly and slowly, you shuffle your feet backwards into the dark abyss of your hall. Closing the door, your ears filter only a couple of words.

"She. Leaving. Alright. Worry."

Is what you muster up. They made zero sense to you no matter how much you arrange them into a sentence.You then laughed to yourself, imagining how you looked shuffling awkwardly away with big owl eyes. Taemin would have loved to see that. Well, at least you can tell him about it tomorow.

~~~~~

Minnie <3
Sent at 8:32 am
Care for coffee this
morning, young miss?
                                                               Baby <3
                                                  Sent at 8:33 am
         Of course, sir, you know I enjoy a good
                     frappuchino to start my morning.
Minnie <3
Sent at 8:35
I will be at your house in 30 minutes.
Let's walk to the shop together.
                                                                Baby <3
                                                   Sent at 8:35 am
                                                       See you then!

~~~~~

Taemin came up to the door wearing a light blue tank top and black skinny jeans with zippers all up the front of it. Outfit complete, with a pair of pure white hightops; new of course. The air outside was already becoming hot; even at nine in the morning. A while back, you had decided that the weather here was totally riduculous, it was always way too hot, or extremely cold. Never in the middle, the way you preferred it to be. "Why don't you come in, Taemin?" your mother said, forcing a smile. "Alright, thank you." he replied bowing, a white pearl squares exposed.

In your room you rushed to make the final touches to yourself, adding a black headband to your lazily curled hair. You chose to wear a red and flowing blouse, sleeves ending at your elbows, black shorts, and fully white vans. You step back from the full body mirror and take a few seconds to pose and flaunt what you've got in front of only yourself. Until you heard a familiar voice say, "Fashion show? We haven't played that in years!" Taemin strut right into your room, turning a few time before freezing in a taunting position at your side.

"Pabo." you said nonchalantly, pushing him away from you. He laughed, holding the back of his hand up close to his lips to hide the perfect squares in his mouth. Enjoying your reaction, he grabbed your waist and pulled you into his chest. "I missed you." he said, sincerity lacing the words. You wrapped your arms around his neck, struggling to keep on the tips of your toes. Sometimes you cursed your short height.

"Have fun today guys." your mom called out as you grabbed your key off of the holder by the doorway. You smiled at her and nodded, walking out of the door first. Taemin dawdled a bit, in looking back at his mother-in-law. She saw pure sorrow and despair in his coal black eyes. They exchanged worried gazes until you became a little restless. Their telepathic messages interrupted by, "Come on, Minnie, young miss needs her coffee!" you yelled from the cement path leading from your house.

One more glance, and he clicked the lock on the door from the inside and shut it quietly. Taemin turned back with a fake, grin on his face. You didn't notice.

The walk from your house to the cafe took only about eight minutes, and in that time you two were happily strolling down the sidewalk, hands interweaved, taking notice to the attention you were gathering. Mothers taking walks with their children stopped to compliment how you two looked like a couple made in heaven. It felt nice getting compliments like that almost everytime you two were out together. This, no, he gave you a reason to believe in the thing called fate.

Your parents were fated to meet. You two were fated to be together. All of this is fated to happen. Never did you think that you would believe in things like that, but i guess you understand it a bit more, and realize that this is what it is meant to be.

The train of thoughts you had came too a sudden halt when you realized that you're boyfriend has been holding the door open for you. "I uh- sorry." you said hiding your embarrassment with your hand. Both of you ordered your drinks and being the gentleman he is, Taemin paid for you. Simple actions like that, or holding out your chair and pushing you in, really made you feel all fluffy inside. Fluffy like a cloud, or cotton candy, or ooh-!

Your drinks slammed onto the table. Taemin slid your frappuchino across the table, it stopped before the rim tipped over the edge and almost into your lap. "Taemin!" you exclaimed in surprise. "I-I didn't mean to do that, I'm really sorry. I guess i'm a little bit riled up about- nothing." his words flowing out from his mouth like a babbling brook.

"Wait, riled up about what?"

"It's nothing."

"It's obviously something."

A winning grin appeard from your face and then disappeard once again when you noticed the dead serious look in your partner's eyes. You grabbed your drink instantly and up the contents inside of the plastic cup, tearing your gaze away from the solemn face. You found yourself thinking "I need to stop being nosey, but its so hard! Ugh, he needs to tell me, i'm his girlfriend!" so many different rants flooded through your mind and you found yourself faster, until your taste buds stopped reacting to the taste of cold coffee. "You're halfway done with your drink. Slow it down or you'll choke." the blonde boy in front of you ordered.

"No." snatching it back you began to mindlessly up again, then leading the drink into the wrong pipe. You coughed and coughed repetitively, teary eyed over how much pain and embarrassment you were in. People watched you from their seats, mumbling to themselves or talking about you with a friend.  Your sporadic coughing spasm stopped. A napkin dabbed at your eyes. You made a pitiful noise when you looked up at Taemin, concentrating and careful not to mess up your eye make-up. "I told you."

Again, in your mind you thanked your parents and god for blessing you with this boy.

After things calmed down, Taemin filled the empty seat next to you, then shifted to that his body faced you. "Do you remember yesterday, how my parents and I had a little talk?" you nodded a "yes" in response. "Good. I don't want to have to say this, but our parents told me that I had to." he took a couple of deep breaths. You felt a little uneasy, and you followed his action, shifting around in your seat. The next moments felt like years before you heard him sigh a bit across from you.

"My parents want me to go abroad for high school."

Your heart literally dropped to the floor, and shriveled up. You bit the insides of your cheeks, thinking it will help prevent the upcoming tears. "W-What? A-All four years?" you managed to stutter in between long pauses, to regain strength. He sighed. He couldn't help but tear up himself seeing the pain in your shimmering eyes. "Yes."

A single tear was shed from your left eye first, then came from the right. Your fists bunched up at the bottom of your shirt as the salt water hit the back of your hands. Your boyfriend a side of your cheek with one hand, and the other hand, holding tightly onto yours. His warm forehead bumped against yours, then suddenly, more water? You looked in front of you to find your best friend crying.

~~~~~

Walking through the park wasn't the same as other days. You two relatively stayed quiet, soaking up the surroundings. Walking hand in hand, white and pink blossoms flew stray from their homes as you walked. The slight, warm breeze tousling the blonde hairs of the boy next to you. "It's been quiet for too long." you said to yourself in your head.

"Minnie?"

"Hm?"

"You'll come back to me right?"

"Why wouldn't I? You're my best friend and future wife, the only one who understands me. The only one who truely loves me for me."

You bat your eyes, listening to him talk about your relationship together.

"You know what?"

"Huh?"

"I promise, that I will come back ready to go to college with you. Once we are graduated, I'm going to marry you. This, I promise you."

"You better remember that promise. Seoul Academy of Arts." you said gripping his hand a little tighter than before. "I'm not forgetful, unlike a certain somebody." he stated. You nudged him a bit. Laughter sounding from both of you. "When are you leaving?" you asked, continuing the conversation from the cafe.

"Tomorrow."

 

 

A/N: APOLOGIES EVERYBODY. Yes, I know this chapter was very short. I'm so sorry for that. Blame my mother for taking me from my computer for a couple hours. And I didn't want to save this a draft because I like updating everyday. Forgive me~ ^^;;