The first promise (PART 1/2)

Fulfill your promise

Over the next 3 months, Taemin had come to your house to play maybe three to four times a week. Your parents had said that whenever he is over you two become inseparable. Whatever that means. You didn't really care at your age about a lot of things anyways. The only thing you cared about was Taemin, and your favorite dolls. Which were kind of the same thing to you because he looked to perfect that he could be a porcelain doll, and he was your favorite person to be with. He was so nice and caring, like that time you were taking a nap and he waited and watched you, making sure you wouldn't fall off of your bed. It was like you two had your own world and didn't need anybody else in it.

~~~~~

"School starts in a week, are you excited? Mommy says we will be going together." Taemin asks you, looking up from the plate of plastic cookies and all sorts of food. You thought about it for a moment, thinking about all the fun things you two would be doing together. "I'm a bit nervous, but i'm sure you will stay by my side. Right Minnie?" You called Taemin 'Minnie' for a pet name, it was super cute and fitting.... In your point of view. Taemin frowned. Half because he didn't plan on being with you every single day at every single moment doing every single activity together, and the other half because of the name 'Minnie'.

In a slightly awkward voice he said your name, "I won't be there with you all the time, I have other friends too. But you will meet new people so no need to worry." what came out of Taemin's mouth had shocked you and right then, you had felt the loneliness you had felt every single day before you had met this boy. "W-Well duh! Stupid!" you stuttered, pink cheeks matching your embarassed mood. "I-I don't need you to be with me all the time." you finished.

Taemin saw right through your words and giggled. Then chuckled. And then let out a burst of "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"s whilst gripping the cloth clothing his stomach. You looked at him with a confused look and tilt of the head, not understanding the situation at all. You totally just snapped at him and- "Wait, he knows i'm lying doesn't he." 

A low "Aishh." escaped your parted and pink lips as the knuckles of your hands tapped your cranium slowly and repetitively, waiting for an empty hollow sound to come from it. A couple seconds had passed before two warm and baby--soft hands reached over the tiny childs' table to yank you out of your seat and into the small area of Taemin's chest. "You're too much, you know that?" he said playfully. 

You cherished this moment for as long as possible, because you loved to hear the thu-thump of his heartbeat. Apparently, that moment was about five seconds. Why? ed. By your own parents. You saw a sudden white flash through your closed eyelids, and you knew exactly what it was. Looks like your parents had brought the camera out.

~~~~~

The first day of school had rolled around a week later. You honestly did feel lonely after hearing what Taemin had said to you last week. You started fearing the worst. "What if I don't make any friends? What if Minnie totally ignores me when hes with his friends? WHAT IF WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SAME CLASS?!?!" This freaked you out so bad that you started pacing back and forth in the kitchen, just waiting for your Mom to finally say "Let's go." (Since you couldn't even tell time yet) Heart rate increasing with every thought blurring your mind from the world around you, anxiety levels rising to the point where you just don't want to leave the house.

It takes you mom four attempts of calling your name until you finally snap out of crazy "I'm Going To Go Crazy Land". "I know that it's your first day of school and all that, but it shouldn't be much trouble for you." your mom casually says, walking to get the car keys off of the hook by the door. "Deep breathes child." she reassures you.

Getting out of the car, you literally can't hear anything over the sound of your own vital organ pumping blood. You start praying to god on the way to the classroom, that you're at least in the same class as Taemin. Your mom, fed up by how you've been acting this morning, grabs your hand leading your mindless body to the building.

Opening the door to the new classroom complete with kitchen, tiny computers, and a playhouse indoors, you don't mind the screaming classmates of yours. All you want right now is your best friend. The new teacher urges you on to look around while she strikes up a conversation between her and your mom.

You explore the new world you have entered, examining the other childrens' attitudes from afar and checking out the toys they provided. You already could tell you would not deal with this girl with dark golden blonde locks flowing from her scalp. You assumed her name was Taeyeon, from how a boy called her name and she approached him. You decided it was best not even looking at her. You continued exploring.

By that point, salty water welled up in your eyes, ready to spill over any second before a girl's voice soothed your hot ears. "Are you okay?" she said looking at you dead in the eye. You were startled by this act, because what stranger would look you straight in the eye? You would have been thinking bad about this girl already, but you didn't care anymore because at least somebody cared.

"I'm fine." wiping the tears before they leaked over.

"Doesn't look that way." she said with sass.

Your head slightly tilted down due to the fact that you were caught.

"I'm Gwiboon, and you're my friend now okay?"

You looked up through your naturally curly eyelashes, and introduced yourself. She was cute, black curled hair, tied into pigtails and bangs brushing her eyebrows. "The school's shirt and skirt look nice on her." you thought.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, now don't cry! The first day of school is supposed to be happy an-" Your attention immediately changed from Gwiboon to the door , as it clicked open. You had to hold in your excited screams, because you didn't want to scare away your new friend. Taemin walked through the door with his Dad holding his hand. "Minn- I mean Taemin!" you called excitedly raising a high arm over your head and swinging it frantically, absolutely making sure he saw you.

 

A/N: Not to get you guys confused, but  the chapter is called The First Promise, but it will be distributed into two parts. I'm sorry that i had to end it here, I was afriad that you guys would get bored if i made it too long ><;;