the proposal.

chanyeol and the rock.

 

“And you wonder why you weren’t allowed to pursue your alternate dream career as a physician,” Yifan murmured sarcastically, shooting an intense glare to the petite singer sitting on the floor.

“One can’t help but dream?” Jongdae tried to justify his doing, his tone weak.

“I’m not sure whether you-“ he pointed at Jongdae “- or you are crazier,” Kyungsoo pointed to Chanyeol afterwards with a wry smile.

“Better yet, both are crazy. Simple enough,” Jongin said, crossing his arms.  

“Imagine those two being paired up in a lab . .” Yixing shuddered at the thought, terrified at the mess that would follow the pairing.

“Not our problem that trouble seems to follow us,” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders, not a bit affected by what his friends were saying.

“It’s a curse, I tell you, a curse,” Minseok mumbled, poking the test tube with his toe.  Jongdae’s gull waddled away from its owner, causing Jongdae raise his head in interest before sighing in relief. The boys watched the gull waddle closer to the tube before pecking it with its beak.

“Don’t mind me borrowing your pet, Jongdae-ah,” Chanyeol chirped, sweeping the gull off the floor and into his arms. “Why hello there, Mr. Gull. We meet again.”

“I’m surprised my gull didn’t attack you, he doesn’t like to be handled by others besides me,” Jongdae stretched, having sat in a kneeling position for what felt like hours to him.

“Eh, your gull kept on stalking me – okay fine! This thing kept on visiting me, how does that sound, huh?” the science genius sighed in exasperation, giving up on fighting against the bird.

“For a bird, your gull is pretty clever,” Lu Han noted cheerfully, swinging his legs back and forth.

“Well, look at his owner, it’s a troll, no wonder his pet is also clever,” Minseok rolled his eyes.

“I bet that your gull is much more smarter than you,” Zitao smirked, amused at how increasingly deep the frown on Jongdae’s face became.

“HEY! That’s like an insult to my intelligence!” the singer whined, frowning even more.

“Non-existent intelligence is more like it,” Jongin commented, whistling.

“It’s not an insult, it’s a fact,” Sehun added, receiving a high five from Jongin.

“Andwae! Nooooo, Chengullllll, not my fingeeeers!” Jongdae moaned, trying to run away from his attacking bird. There was an evil glint in the bird’s eye, causing the rest of the guys to make way for the gull so it could attack its owner.

“Go Chengull, go!” Sehun cheered, clapping giddily.

While the gull was busy chasing Jongdae all over Chanyeol’s house – “OH ! SORRY CHANYEOL, I JUST BROKE LIKE THIS VERY EXPENSIVE LOOKING VASE! Oh wait, NO, MY GULL BROKE I- OKAY FINE IT WAS ME!” – the lanky male had been playing the rest of the songs on his newly composed mini album out loud on his speakers. Soon, Jongin and Yixing were dancing to the beat with such fluid and grace in their movements that caused even Jongdae and the gull to stop their hectic chase-after-the-troll game.

Yifan’s and Chanyeol’s deep voices melded into one as they did a live version of Two Moons, and it was Zitao who first notice the crowd forming outside Chanyeol’s bedroom window.

“Oh, look! Chengull, your friends are here too!” Chanyeol said happily as he pointed to the flock of birds perched on the poor branch. The gull fluttered its wings and joined its crew, and Lu Han being the observant self, commented that there were twelve birds in total.

“Hey, that’s a very chubby pigeon!” the science genius giggled, his eyes crinkling at the sight of the birds all squashed together side by side.

“That’s not a pigeon , that’s a squirrel!” Yifan smacked his best friend’s head, causing a chain of laughter to break out.

“Seriously, you need to get your eyes checked again and replace those lenses,” Kyungsoo advised in a very serious way that only a mother could imitate.

“Yes, umma,” the taller boy nodded his head cutely, rubbing the spot where Yifan had hit. Kyungsoo blinked and blinked and blinked before resolving to tilt his head and say, “I’m younger than you so how did I give birth to you if I wasn’t even born?”

A series of dramatic gasps followed and Baekhyun suggested optimistically, “Maybe you’re adopted Chanyeollie!”

The innocent look on the eyelined boy made the situation so believable that even Yifan and Jongin couldn’t help but prevent sarcastic thoughts from leaving their mouths.

“Hmm, maybe you’re right, Baekhyunnie,” the scientist mused, before shrugging nonchalantly. “I guess I am!”

“There goes one son off my shoulder, now three more to go . .” Kyungsoo mumbled, ticking off the ‘sons’ he had disowned or claimed to have ‘accidentally’ adopted and disowned.

“Who are the other three, umma?” Chanyeol asked, his eyes wide with anticipation.

“Uh, these three idiots here,” the motherly figure pointed to Sehun, Jongin and Jongdae.

“But, but, but, I’m not an idiot!” Jongdae whined, faking tears as his intelligence was once again insulted for the umpteenth time that day.

“You’re like the dumbest of us all, hyung,” Sehun rolled his eyes, sticking out his tongue at the glare he received in return from the eldest of the trio. The three sons of Kyungsoo’s continued to argue, but then Jongin caught their attention – again, for some reason Jongin always managed to stun people with his statements/foundings (e.g. the discovery of the test tube).

“But how am I a son of Kyungsoo if I wish to date him in the future?!” the dancer pouted, crossing his arms. “It’s not fair! If he’s my umma and I date him later on, wouldn’t that be ? We would be frowned upon by society and bam! goes my inheritance and .”

“You want to date me?” Kyungsoo spluttered, his cheeks a rosy red. The audience went “Awwww”, with Yifan and Zitao tearing up at the sudden confession scene that was unfolding right in front of them.

“No, wait, lemme re-correct my statement just now, I meant to say that I will date you, not only wish,” Jongin recollected his words, still fumbling here and there as Kyungsoo kept on staring at him with those wide eyes.

“I object,” the elder male said, causing Lu Han to go downstairs and grab the buckets full of popcorn and then bringing the buckets upstairs so that they all could enjoy the dramatic scene with some well complimented popcorn. The doll faced boy began distributing the buckets among pairs with the help of Sehun.

“Thank you,” Zitao smiled at the dreamy boy before sitting next to Yifan on the bed and began munching on the buttery confection.

“Wha- why? Am I not a perfectly good candidate to wed you?” Jongin gaped, his mind not able to get around the situation.

“Excuse me, but whoaaa, that’s taking it a bit too far, I mean, wed?” Yixing raised his hand in the air, as if they were in a classroom instead and that the scene before them was part of a play being presented for a drama class.

“Well, it’s sweet though,” Lu Han spoke, offering some popcorn to Sehun who was well immersed in the scene.

“I even bought a ring!” Jongin exclaimed, frustrated as tears threatened to fall.

“You bought a bloody ring?!” Jongdae coughed, not believing what his ears had just transmitted to his brain.

“Well, more like ordered it, since it was out of stock,” Sehun offered to explain, having accepted the popcorn Lu Han gave to him.

“How do you know?” Minseok asked, surprised.

“I’m his best friend! Sheesh!” the pale boy frowned as the spotlight was directed towards him instead.

“I-I-I don’t know what to say . .” Kyungsoo’s voice quietened, his mind in deep concentration.

“Say yes, umma!” Zitao and Sehun cheered for the male. 

-

I didn't even plan to write a proposal scene but oh well (/throws confetti about)