the b plan.

chanyeol and the rock.

 

[ t h e n e x t w e e k ; 1400 hours ]

 

“You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!” Yifan barked at the trio. “Not the whole damn school!”

“Well, there was a miscalculation in the amount of dynamite we should have used based on Minhyuk’s – no, not the drummer Minhyuk, the Lee Minhyuk, oh there’s two Lee Minhyuks in our school, right?, uh, the guy that goes by B-Bomb, not the ulzzang Minhyuk - and you see, we, uh, might have possibly went over the targeted amount, therefore causing this to happen,” Jongin explained, ending with a nervous laugh as he pushed the pair of frameless glasses that was threatening to fall off his nosebridge.

“And since when did your eyes require assistance in seeing?” Joonmyeon asked, raising an eyebrow, the angelic smile unwavering. It was an odd sight really; Joonmyeon’s face was contorted between expressing doubt and calmness.

“Since we did that x-ray experiment with the UV lights and stuff,” the dancer shrugged, fixing his fringe.

“Reminds me to get a pair as well, whatnot with Baekhyun’s consistent lighting experiments he does whenever he’s bored,” the basketball captain nodded to himself, making a mental note.

“Please tell me you three covered up your tracks, used proper equipment, took safety precautions and wore gloves. If your fingerprints are detected, we are dead,” Joonmyeon clasped his hands together, hoping that the trio had not screwed up like how they did the ninety-nine per cent of the time.

We?” Yifan echoed the word, raising an eyebrow, not that his facial expression changed, nu-uh.

“Considering the security cameras are like, filming us right now, the court could like, I don’t know, charge us for being accomplices, I mean, we were informed about this crazy idea of theirs from the very beginning, there were witnesses as well, so yeah, we,” the shorter leader de facto rambled nervously, his calm demeanour cracking.

“That is bad,” Jongdae scratched his head, his gull nodding along.

“Of course it’s bad! That’s why we did it!” Jongin rolled his eyes, throwing is hands in the air.

“The reds are coming, I repeat, the reds are on their way,” Lu Han’s sweet voice warned them from their walkie-talkies.

“Roger that, deer.” Chanyeol answered back. “See what I did there? You know, deer and dear,” he grinned cheekily.

“Shut up Chanyolo and get your asses moving to the HQ. Or else panda’s going to eat all of owl’s donuts,” Sehun said through the walkie-talkie.

 “On a second thought, you guys ing run for your lives! They’ve got us!”

 

-

 

“Well that went well,” Minkyu remarked in a nonchalant tone as he leaned back against the stony wall.

“Hey, it was worth a try,” Jongin pointed out optimistically as he took a bite out of the donut he had stolen from Kyungsoo.

“So . . .  what do we do now?” Baekhyun asked, watching Jongdae and Lu Han talk with the police officer on guard.

“We resort to back up plan A of course!” Chanyeol chirped happily, playing with the prison bars.

“We have a back up plan A?” Sehun raised an eyebrow, unaware of that fact.

“Mhm. We always do, right Chanyolo?” Minkyu nodded in a cute manner.

“. . What if that fails?” Sehun retorted, sweatdropping.

“Oh please, we’re talking about Wu Yifan right here, the renowned chess champion who probably has back up plans starting from the letter A to the letter Z,” Jongin rolled his eyes, sighing.

“And that’s only the English alphabet,” Yixing noted cheerfully.

“He knows four languages, picture the amount of back up plans he has now,” Minkyu pointed out with a knowing look in his eyes.

“Do you-?” Baekhyun began before being cut off.

“Mhm,” Yifan nodded in response.

“Whoa,” the eyelined boy widened his eyes.

“Don’t forget the back up plans for the back up plans, you know, just in case a whole alphabet fails,” Jongdae added.

“. .. And here I thought you were a mere jock,” Baekhyun mumbled, scratching his head.

“He’s smarter than he’s credited for,” Chanyeol smiled, examining the steel bars.

“If his plans still fail by the time we reach the Chinese characters, we have Kyungsoo here to resort to,” Minseok said, inclining his head towards the said owl eyed boy.

“Kyungsoo darling here is extremely organised, therefore he probably would have checked out all of Yifan’s plans, am I right?” Jongin drawled, smirking.

“Yup. Oh by the way, Yifan, about plan H, the sponsor is currently overseas so we’ll have to skip it,” Kyungsoo nodded before turning towards to Yifan.

“Ah really? Oh yeah, now I remember, he told me that he was going abroad for some sort of business meeting. I hope he gets the next pointer about the other rocks,” Yifan clasped his hands together.

“Don’t worry, I reminded him,” the owl eyed boy said with a soft smile

“If both of their masterplans fail, well, Chanyeol here can come up with some bizarre last minute master plan like that time when we hacked into the school system’s in order to serve the nerds justice,” Minkyu rambled, poking his brother’s stomach.

“What exactly did you guys do?” Baekhyun asked curiously.

“Oh, you know that scandal where that manipulative bastard, uh, can’t remember his name – Kibum was it? – tried to like force the nerds to swap test papers with him?” Joonmyeon, bless him the angelic leader, tried to explain the situation.

“You mean the baseball player, Key?” the younger tilted his head.

“No, not that diva baseball player, he’s a nice guy even though his tongue is venomous,” Jongin replied.

“That could be any of the Kibums in our school,” Baekhyun pointed out.

“So you guys were the force behind the students’ protest back then?” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, you are indeed correct. The kid got expelled, rumours say that he was shipped off to an unknown island by pirates,” Chanyeol said.

“Pirates still exist?” Sehun sweatdropped.

“Of course they do, where the hell do you think piracy got its name from, huh? They’re the one who does all the pirated digital era ,” Yifan waved his hand airily.

“Speaking of pirates, here comes Minki-hyung,” Baekhyun pointed out happily.

The boys watched behind the prison bar as Baekhyun’s cousin entered the police station with swag in his movement. The male was lanky, not Chanyeol or Yifan lanky but skinny lanky, the type that made Kyungsoo and Yixing whip out their aprons and pans so that they could feed the skinny male. Chanyeol could tell right away why Minki was Baekhyun’s favourite cousin, for Minki seemed to have an obsession with eyeliner, his eyes smeared with thick, smoky coal. The male was still in his school uniform, though the first two buttons were ed to reveal a black wifebeater underneath. 

It wasn’t until Minki got closer to the holding cell that they realised the male was actually pretty tall, he was around Zitao’s height. The male smirked as he greeted the police officer that had been talking with Jongdae and Lu Han minutes ago and the smirk grew even bigger when the said police officer fell out of his seat.

“You, what the hell are you doing here? I thought we cleared up that issue!”

“A person of your status and profession should not be using such coarse language infront of minors, as you see those two munchkins there are not legal yet - don’t let their identification cards fool you, they’re still young, I mean, don’t you see?” Minki drawled lazily, walking over to point at Lu Han and Minseok.

“Therefore, you should be ashamed of sporting such a behaviour when you’re supposed to be setting an example towards us younger’uns, aye?” the male continued rambling, picking up a confiscated dynamite stick.

“Like I need reminders from the likes of you,” the policeman spat.

“Seems like you actually do need reminders. You wouldn’t be here, wearing that uniform of yours if you didn’t catch me on that fateful day,” the taller male said sternly, his eyes flickering about the room.

The policeman sighed, knowing he had lost the battle again. “For god’s sake, what are you doing here?”

“I’m here to collect my debt,” Minki replied, bending down to fetch some paper that had been crumpled up and thrown onto the floor. “They are leaving with me,” he pointed towards the group of thirteen boys detained.

“I can’t do that-” the elderly man started.

“Of course you can, you can make it happen but it’s just that you’re too scared of risking it. Let them go and I’ll repay by letting you conduct the next infiltration of this drug syndicate I know of,” the younger boy wagered,  playing with the dynamite stick.

“Fine,” the policeman grumbled and it wasn’t long ‘til the jiggling of the keys could be heard, along with the unlocking of the prison cell.

“Thank you for letting us free,” Yixing and Zitao bowed politely, startling the policeman.

“Uh, you’re welcome?” The man tilted his head, confused.

“Come on now, boys, the rocks are calling,” Minki sang, skipping as he picked up the confiscated goods along the way. The rest of the boys followed suit, bidding goodbyes politely to the policeman, before exiting the station.

A few minutes later Minki popped back into the room and smirked as he his finger before pointing towards the man, “You owe me another, ahjussi.”

-

Things are going to take a serious cracky filled turn after this! :)