the elephant plan.

chanyeol and the rock.

 

“So. . what do we have?” Yifan asked, after having calmed down from the news of his best friend having acquired a sample of his . The basketball captain had gone berserk, having chased the two brothers not only around the house, he even went as far as to chasing them out of their own house and around the city. Zitao had so kindly lent him a spare wushu stick that he had used to hit the two lanky brothers whenever they were within his arm’s reach.

“We were analysing how much we would have to borro-“ Minkyu began, referring to the notepad he had in his hand.

“More like steal,” Jongdae chirped happily, delighted at the prospect of having to resort to stealing.

“Yeah, yeah, steal, borrow, whatever. Like it makes any difference,” the elder male replied, rolling his eyes.

“Please, continue,” Joonmyeon ushered the two brothers.

“According to the table of elephants-” the younger brother began this time.

“The table of elephants?” Jongin raised an eyebrow, amused.

“Oh god, did I just say elephants? I meant elements! Not elephants, oh god, seriously can’t believe I just said that,” Chanyeol mumbled, slapping his face. His brother facepalmed at the younger’s mistake before sighing. The rest of the guys laughed their asses off, Yifan literally rolling on the floor like a buffalo.

“Way to stay true to your words, Kreese,” Minkyu joked as he watched Lu Han calmly record the tall Chinese male roll on the floor using his mobile phone.

“Might as well play the song – the dance version, please.” Yixing requested, smiling towards Jongin.

“Sure,” the dancer replied, whipping out his phone and went through the arduous task of looking through the thousands of songs he had in his phone before arriving at the song he wanted.

Soon enough, the dance version of Let’s Rock and Roll Like a Buffalo – which Chanyeol had decided after hours of contemplation and meditation to rename as Let’s Dance and Roll Like a Buffalo instead – began to play, and Jongin began to dance as if the music commanded him to do so.

The rest of the guys who knew how to dance joined in, with Yixing and Jongin teaching the others the choreography that Chanyeol had came up with beforehand. The ones who had unfortunate relationships between their brains and their bodies were forced to watch at the sideline. All was going well until the part where they had to roll on the floor and throw rocks at each other.

“We have no rocks,” Baekhyun pouted cutely, having realised that they only had one rock in possession.

“Well, we’ll have to find the rest, shouldn’t we?” Sehun stated knowingly.

“You know what, let’s do plan E as well,” Minki announced, scaring the out of the boys as the elder male had not be present in the room before the song started therefore they could only conclude that Minki had entered the room while they were dancing their hearts out – or as how Yifan called it, acknowledging their buffaloes in their blood.

“What about plan M then?” Minseok frowned, not wanting to switch to another plan when they had all worked so hard on plan M.

“, we’re still carrying that out. What I meant was that we’re going to carry out both plans E and M simultaneously,” the eyelined elder rolled his eyes before skipping towards the window where symbol equations and mathematical calculations covered the surface.

“Oh, okay.”

-

A week passed and now the boys were huddled together outside the airport’s entrance in the cold. Piles of luggage were accumulated onto trolleys near them, neatly tagged with the owner’s name and tied with a different coloured ribbon according to the colour of choice made by the owner of the luggage courtesy of the neatfreak Kyungsoo.

Minki had called them up the previous night at three in the morning, ordering them to pack their stuff for a two weeks duration. The boys assumed that they were going on a fieldtrip to somewhere but they did not expect to a limousine to pick them up at six in the morning right outside their houses.

“Why exactly are we at the airport?” Jongin asked, shivering as he rubbed his hands together. Winter was approaching Seoul and the wind was making it even worse. It was still early in the morning, therefore the weather was chilly as ever. The dancer was bundled up in layers of clothing, making him appear petite and cute.

Minki, being the nonchalant chill guy he was, replied in such a casual manner as he skimmed over the passports Kyungsoo had managed to retrieve from the respective households. “We’re obviously going to India, darling.”

“Whaaaaat? And how the hell did you get our passports?” Minseok widened his eyes, gaping like a stunned goldfish.

“Wait, what plan is this?” Yixing frowned, an unusual sight on his normally calm face.

“Mostly plan E. Ask Kyungsoo, he’s a sly thing,” the elder replied, chuckling at the bad passport photos.

“And what does plan E stand for?” Baekhyun asked his cousin, raising an eyebrow, not amused at how the other eyelined guy was chortling at the sight of a young teenaged Baekhyun in the passport photo.

Somehow, Minki managed to reply, “Plan Elephant obviously. Previously it was Plan Element but then Chanyeol made that mistake and bam, I thought Plan Elephant was a more fitting name.”

“I feel honoured!” Chanyeol remarked happily, grinning as he hugged Baekhyun for warmth. The shorter male blushed lightly at the contact but was grateful nonetheless.

“How long are we staying there for?” Jongdae inquired, curious on how long the trip was going to be.

“A week. If more time is needed, I can extend the reservation,” Yifan replied, wrapping a scarf neatly around Zitao’s pale neck. “There, feel warmer?” The tall basketball captain asked, patting the scarf. Zitao nodded cutely in return, causing the rest of the boys to smile at them.

“You knew about this?” Minkyu crossed his arms, shifting his weight from one foot to another.

“Of course. Kyungsoo and I are the planners, remember? Though Minki hyung here is more of the mastermind I suppose,” the slightly shorter Chinese male answered, now fixing his the strap of his slingbag.

“Don’t forget me,” Joonmyeon raised his hand childishly, smiling angelically.

“Ah, Suho as well,” Yifan added, directing a nod towards the other leader.

“You also knew?” Yixing asked the leader, slightly surprised.

“He is the leader de facto,” Lu Han pointed out, adjusting Sehun’s previously wrinkled hoodie.

“True,” the Chinese dancer nodded in understanding.

“So what exactly are we going to be doing in India?” Baekhyun continued, leaning back into Chanyeol’s grasp.

“Search for the rocks, obviously,” Minki deadpanned, eyeing his cousin.

“What about our parents, school and ?” Jongdae tilted his head, frowning.

“Don’t worry about that, got those areas covered. Let’s just say that this trip to India is part of a personal school project, we as a group, are doing. We’re going to get extra credit for the amount of research produced out of this trip,” Kyungsoo explained, as he checked the flight details on the sheets of paper he had printed the previous night.

“Are you ting me?” Jongin gaped, not believing what the owl-eyed boy had just said.

“I am ting you not,” the elder planner replied in a cheerful manner, flashing a smile.

“So wait, let me get this straight, we’re like going on vacation – okay fine, while searching for the rocks but still! – and we get extra credit that will be reflected on our school reports as well? ing awesome!” Jongdae cheered, clapping his hands giddily.

“I’ve got to hand it to you, Minki hyung, you sure do know how to plan ,” Sehun looked at the eyelined elder in admiration, clapping for dramatic effect.

Minki clicked his tongue before smirking and pointing towards Yifan and Kyungsoo, “Don’t forget my helpers.”

“Really. Helpers. Really.” Yifan and Kyungsoo sweatdropped simultaneously, eyeing the mastermind with apprehension.

“What, sounds cute!” Minki tried to justify his choice of words, throwing his hands in the air. Somehow he managed to hold onto the bunch of passports in his hands.

“But I’m not cute,” Yifan stated, his eyebrows furrowing.

“Yeah, like hell Yifan is cute. He’s nowhere near cute,” Jongdae supported the captain’s statement, his pet gull nodding along.

“I think you’re cute though, gege,” Zitao mumbled, scratching his head.

“Really?” the taller male asked in surprise, as a streak of red sneaked its way onto his face.

“Yeah.” The panda nodded cutely, smiling for further emphasis.

“Awwww, how adorable. Now let’s check in before the line gets longer,” Minki cooed before swapping into his badass attitude.

“Come on now,” Joonmyeon urged his friends to get going.

“Wait, let’s do a head count before we proceed,” Kyungsoo stopped them, whipping out a clipboard and pen in hand. On the clipboard was a list of all of the guys’ names along with some personal data (which Kyungsoo had managed to retrieve from the school network). 

Sehun sweatdropped this time, “A head count. Really?”

“Oh wait, where’s Chanyeol?” Lu Han asked, tilting his head.

“Ehhhhh, I swear, he was with me seconds ago, like literally,” Baekhyun blinked in confusion, having noticed that the warmth was suddenly gone.

“Don’t tell me you mistaken me for him?” Minkyu raised an eyebrow, amused.

“Uh . .” the younger trailed off, not sure on how to answer it.

“Wow, Baekhyun, wow. You are, like, the worst boyfriend ever,” Jongin insulted his friend teasingly, elbowing the shorter male.

“It’s not my fault you two look like identical twins! Blame your parents!” Baekhyun protested, a small frown on his face as he tried to divert the blame from him onto the science bros.

“Ahah, so you’re not denying that you’re dating Chanyeol!” Minseok noted in a giddy tone, clasping is hands together. Jongdae and Lu Han joined in with the celebration of Baekhyun’s undenied relationship with Chanyeol, exclaiming for joy while Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon wiped away fake tears.

“Our sons have grown up to be fine young men,” Kyungsoo sniffled.

“We’re not!” the helpless boy tried again, agitated at how nobody was believing him.

“But you want to, right?” Minkyu waggled his eyebrows, scaring the wits out of the poor boys.

“Shut up,” was the only answer Baekhyun gave as he crossed his arms.

“I’m right, aren’t I?” the male waggled his eyebrows even more, igniting a wave of fear amongst the guys. 

“Just shut the up,” Baekhyun hissed in retort.

“Well excuse me, such usage of inappropriate language is condemned here, for your angelic façade shall be ruined by that dirty mouth of yours, darling cousin,” Minki drawled, condemning his cousin for his rude behaviour.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes before replying snarkily, “Speak for yourself. You swear like a damn sailor that got his feet bitten by a shark.”

“Eh, I prefer pirate but sailor is fine as well,” Minki shrugged.

“Yo Minkyu, can you like call your brother?” Sehun asked the elder male.

“Sure,” Minkyu chirped back, fishing into his pockets for his mobile phone. After fifteen seconds of the same action he raised his head to be greeted with a bunch of sceptical faces. “ . . not sure where I placed my phone . . “

“On a second thought never mind, since I spot him,” Sehun shook his head before pointing towards a very familiar male pushing a trolley that had about ten bags piled ontop of each other. The luggage was literally wobbling as the tall male tried to make his way across the parking lot, avoiding hitting his trolley into parked cars.

“Maybe we could leave him behind . . I wonder what exactly did he stuff in his baggages,” Yixing piped up, edging closer to the entrance.

“Oh dear, my wallet is going to bleed from paying for all of that excess baggage,” Yifan sighed, staring at his wallet.

“I hope he didn’t bring any chemicals or or else the customs are like going to retain us,” Joonmyeon worried, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Don’t worry, I made sure to remind Chanyeol every millisecond last night to not bring along any dangerous substances that could potentially end the life of an airplane,” Minkyu reassured the younger stressed out male, patting his back.

“Yo guys,” Chanyeol waved, before quickly stabling the falling baggage.

“You’re paying for the excess baggage,” Kyungsoo informed him bluntly, eyeing the amount of luggage the taller had brought along. He then heaved out a sigh, scribbled some more onto his clipboard, ticked a box and then took out some red ribbon – Chanyeol always preferred fire red, Kyungsoo had to looked up and down the diy stores for the correct shade or else the science genius would blow up his house – scuttled to the trolley before tying the cut out pieces of fire red strands onto all of the handles of the bags.

“There,” the neatfreak brushing invisible dust off his pants.

“Fiiiine, umma. We’re first class, aren’t we?” Chanyeol pouted before hugging the shorter male as a thank you.

Jongin strutted over to the duo before pulling the lanky male’s arms off his crush. He was about to threaten Chanyeol before he realised what the science genius had just said. “Wait, we are?”

“Yup.” Minki replied, popping the ‘p’.

“Cool!” Jongdae clapped his hands again.

“Uh, Jongdae, is your gull coming as well? Since I’m not sure how to handle the animals issue . .” Kyungsoo asked, clicking his pen.

“Yup. But it’s going to fly with us, so no need to worry about having to bring it onboard,” the gull owner replied, nodding.

“Will it last?” Sehun asked sceptically.

“Of course it will, Chengull here once fetched the strawhat I left behind in Hawaii last year,” Jongdae boasted proudly. The gull pecked at its owner’s cheeks in embarrassment.

“Enough chit chat, let’s enter the damn airport, I’m like ing freezing,” Minki broke up the conversation as he pushed his trolley towards the entrance.

“Plan Elephant, begin.”

-

woo india, here we come! and thank you for commenting/subscribing, glad that someone enjoys the crack i write.