You Belong With Me

SkyPanda Love Oneshot Collection

(Inspired from Taylor Swift’s song and music video. You guys know it. Keke~ I added some more details in it. Mianhe if this will bore you. Keke~)

 

 

Hi.  I’m Lee Chae Rin.  3rd year high school student.  And I’m a nerd.  Yep, I’m very much aware of that fact.

 

I’m not your usual kind of girl.

 

I hate skirts.  I hate make up.  I hate being all girly-girl.  Why?  Because they don’t suit me.  I would love to wear those kinds of things but I guess they don’t love me back.  So I’m happy with my t-shirt, pants, sneakers and huge glasses.

 

In contrast, I love books.  I love studying.  I love school.  I’m a nerd like that.  And because of these things, I’m an outcast at school.  No one sees me as if I’m invisible.  I’m always alone when I go to school, alone during lunch time, alone when I go home.

 

It’s always like that.

 

I have no friends.  Well, if he considers me as his friend then I have a friend.  And his name is Lee Seunghyun, 4th year high school student, team captain of the school’s basketball team and is the most popular guy in school.  He’s my neighbor.

 

I know what you’re thinking.  Me, a nerd, have a friend and he is none other than most popular guy in school.  Impossible right?  But no, it’s not impossible.

 

Whenever we’re at home and we are both in our rooms, we would have a chat using a sketch pad and a marker.  We would write what we wanted to say and we’ll show it to each other.

 

Sometimes when I’m hanging out at the bench outside our house, he would sit next to me and we’ll have a talk.  Well, he do most of the talking since my tongue always disappears whenever he’s around.

 

My heart flutters when I see him.  Oh I forgot to tell you.  I like him so much.  Because even though he’s popular, he’s so humble and kind.  And he approaches and talks to someone like me.

 

I looked at my window and I saw him walking around in his room, talking on the phone.  He looked pissed.  He’s having an argument with Yuri again, his girlfriend.

 

God knows how much I wanted to be in Kwon Yuri’s position.  But that dream will always remain a dream.  It will never come true.

 

I saw him sigh and threw his phone on his bed then he sat facing me.  I grabbed my sketchpad and marker.

 

I wrote something and showed it to him.

 

YOU OK?

 

He smiled at me and he grabbed his sketchpad as well.

 

TIRED OF DRAMA.

 

I wrote my reply.

 

SORRY. :(

 

He just shrugged his shoulders.

 

I wrote once again but when I looked up, his curtains are down.

 

I sighed.  I guess I’ll never have the chance to say these words to him.

 

I stood up and played some music.

 

Dreamin’ ‘bout the day

When you wake up and find that what you’re looking for

Has been here the whole time

 

I started dancing to the song.  Why this song is exactly what I wanted to say to him.

 

If you can see that I’m the one who understands you?

Been here all along so why can’t you see?

You belong with me…

 

Lee Seunghyun! How could you not know?  Even though I’m not pretty like Yuri, or the kind of girl that wears make up and girly clothes, I am here!

 

*sigh* As if he’ll see me more than a friend.

 

In your dream, Chae Rin.  In your dreams.

 

-----

 

“Hi Chae!  Whatcha doin’?”

 

My heart pounded on my chest when I heard that voice.  It’s like music to my ears.

 

I looked up and saw him making his way beside me.  Shucks he’ll sit beside me again!

 

“You’re reading again,” he said as he sat next to me.  Instinctively, I moved further from him.

 

“Yah, why are moving away?” he moved closer and I moved further again.

 

“Aish.  Why are you like that, Chae?  It’s like we’re not friends.”

 

Friends.  He considers me as his friend!!! Yey!

 

“W-well, it’s b-because…” I bowed my head.

 

He then slides his way beside me and draped his arm on the backrest of the bench.

 

“You’re saying?”

 

My tongue disappeared again.  I just looked at him.  He’s so handsome…

 

“You know, you should go out more,” he said as he tucked my hair behind my ear.  I gasped at the slight skin contact.  Omo!  I can feel my cheeks blushing!!!

 

“And you should take off your glasses.  It’s making you look old and you’re covering your pretty face.”

 

Pretty… He called me pretty! Gash! The giddiness I’m feeling is soooo over the top!!! Kyaaaah~!!!

 

“B-but I –”

 

I was supposed to say something to him when a red sports car stopped in front of us.  The driver smirked at me and I rolled my eyes.

 

“Honey!  Let’s go, we’ll be late!” Yuri called Seungri.

 

“Oh yeah.  So Chae, see you around!”

 

Seungri sat at the passenger’s seat then right in front of me, Yuri grabbed Seungri’s neck and kissed him fully on the lips.

 

Can you hear something that shattered?  That’s my heart.  And now I can’t pick up the pieces because it’s now in a million pieces.

 

“Why are you hanging out with that nerd gal?” I heard Yuri ask.

 

I stood up and walked out.  I don’t want to hear any insults from that girl.

 

That’s enough.

 

-----

 

“Wuuuu! Go go go Wild Cats!!!”  I was screaming at the top of my lungs, cheering for our team.  But I was actually cheering for their team captain.

 

Seeing him running and doing his best to score, it’s just making me fall for him even more.  And every time he shoots and scores, he’ll smile like he won the game already.

 

But in reality, I know why he’s acting all hyper and energetic.  It’s because his girlfriend is also there.  Yuri is the cheer captain.  I know it’s the typical team-captains-of-the-basketball-team-and-cheerleading-squad relationship but what can I do?  It can’t be helped.

 

It’s the last quarter of the game and only a matter of seconds left.  The score is tie.  The crowd cheered when Seungri snatched the ball and everything went so fast that we started cheering because our school won!  We won because of Seungri!

 

His teammates are celebrating and they are carrying him.

 

I’m happy that our school team won.  And I’m happy because Seungri’s happy.

 

But awhile later, Seungri’s face was devoid of emotions.  His teammates brought him down and he walked to Yuri’s place, who is flirting with another guy from the other team.

 

My jaw dropped when I saw it.  The two are now shouting and arguing.  I can’t hear what they’re talking about but I know that Seungri’s hurt.

 

He walked out of the court, leaving Yuri who rolled her eyes and crossed her arms on her chest.

 

My eyes turned into slits as I look at her.  If looks can kill, I bet I’m being dragged by police and murder will be my case, and my victim is none other than Yuri.

 

I want to shout at her.  How can she do that to Seungri! Seungri doesn’t deserve someone like her! She’s a biatch!

 

I hate her.

 

----

 

I was at my room, as usual, studying for no reason.  Today is our prom.  But I won’t be attending.  Proms are not my thing.

 

I looked outside my window and I saw him fully dressed with white long sleeve polo and vest.  He’s so handsome. He looked out and saw me.

 

He sat down on his bed and started writing on his pad.  I grabbed mine so I can reply.

 

YOU GOING TONIGHT? He wrote.

 

NO, STUDYING. I shrugged my shoulders.

 

WISH YOU WERE!

 

I chuckled when I saw his reply.  He then stood up, grabbed his coat and went on his way.

 

He said I wish I was coming…  I took off my glasses.  Should I come?  Then I saw what I wrote in my pad before. Maybe I should go. So I can tell him what I really feel.

 

Good thing I have a dress in my closet.  I called my mom and asked her to help me prepare.  She smiled at me and nodded.

 

I hope this transformation will lead to something nice.

 

-----

 

I arrived at the venue with a different look. Gone is the Chae Rin that wears only t-shirts, pants, sneakers and huge glasses.  Tonight, I’m a different Chae Rin.  Tonight, I’ll be the Chae Rin that wears a beautiful white tube dress.  My hair isn’t in a bun anymore but it had soft curls and I let it down.  I also have light make up on my face.

 

Honestly, I never really thought that I’ll look good on this ensemble.

 

When I entered the ballroom, the people that saw me didn’t recognize me.  Some were able to know who I am but all of them have shock written all over their faces.

 

Shock and admiration.

 

I literally made the people make a way for me.

 

Is that Chae Rin?

 

Wow… She’s pretty!

 

Yeah dude!  She is!

 

She’s even more beautiful than Yuri…

 

I smiled when I heard that compliment.

 

Then I saw him.  He’s talking to one of his classmates when he saw me.  His eyes widened and he smiled, too.

 

He excused himself and made his way towards me.  But then Yuri got in the way.  She was flaunting her body with a revealing gown but Seungri didn’t mind her.

 

She saw me.  She was shocked.  I bet she couldn’t believe that her boyfriend pushed her away for someone like me.  Oh, make that EX-boyfriend. Kekeke~

 

“Hi,” he greeted.

 

“H-hi…” I answered shyly.

 

“You look… stunning.”

 

“Thanks.  You look good yourself, too.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

*silence*

 

Okay Chae Rin, this is your chance.  Show him what you wrote a couple of days ago.  So this will be over already.  If he accept your feelings, then great.  But if he didn’t, well sorry for you.

 

“Uhm…”

 

“Ahh…”

 

We chuckled when we hummed at the same time.

 

“Ladies first,” he said.

 

I inhaled deeply and said, “I have something to tell you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

I pulled out the paper from my purse and showed it to him.

 

I LOVE YOU.

 

I looked at his reaction and I was confused. He’s… smiling.

 

He took out something from his pocket and it’s a paper, too.  He showed it to me.  I think I would cry because of happiness.

 

I LOVE YOU.

 

We looked at each other’s eyes.  I can see love shining on those pair.

 

Is this real?  He loves me, too?

 

“I know you’re shocked,” he started. “But I started to feel this when you talk to me like I’m just a normal guy.  You’re not those typical kinds of girls that squeal whenever they see me.  You made me feel… normal.”

 

“I… I don’t know what to say actually. I’m… I’m too overwhelmed about this moment…” I chuckled.

 

“Did you bring your glasses with you?” Seungri asked me, out of the blue.

 

“Ah, yes.  Why did you ask?”

 

“Can I have it?”

 

Confused as I am, I brought out my glasses and gave it to him.  He placed it back where they belong: to my eyes.

 

He smiled once again. “This…” he tucked my hair behind my ear. “This is the Chae Rin that I fell in love with.  The nerdy Chae Rin.”

 

I smiled, too.  Trust me when I say that I can’t speak right now because of this overwhelming feeling.

 

Seungri pulled me closer to him. I obliged.

 

“Chae Rin…”

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“You’re so beautiful. And I love you.”

 

“Seungri…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I love you, too. And you belong with me.”

 

Seungri chuckled.  “Never knew my nerdy Chae Rin-ie could be this possessive.”

 

And with that, our lips touched with the sound of the music that lingers around us.

 

Who says that only those who are in the same level belong to each other?

 

Look at me.  I’m just a nerd, an outcast.  But my love story is extraordinary.

 

 

-----

[A/N:]

 

I admit, this isn’t a good one, isn’t it?  It’s very different from the stories that I wrote before.  Honestly, I forced myself in writing this because I’m becoming frustrated.  I CAN’T WRITE ANYTHING!!! I want my author side back… Huhuhu~ So please forgive me for this. And sorry for not being able to update More Than A Friend.  This writer’s block has been with me for a loooooooong time now and I hate it.

I thought that I should just write something in order for my brain to function again. LOL

I’m very sorry! *bows 90 degrees*

Promise I’ll post something nicer when an idea comes to mind.