Before the Concert

Once in a lifetime chance

Last night you all passed out in the movie room after the movie had ended. Not to mention, some of you passed out while the movie was still going. Probably everybody was tired from the rehearsal. 

Sofia's Pov-

 

You woke up earlier than everyone else. You had a slightly headache caused by the need of caffeine. You took a quick glance at the clock on the wall before jumping out of the mattress-mess and walking straight to the kitchen. It was something around 9am, so you decided to put breakfast on the table so the 7 of you wouldn't have to squeeze into the 'tiny' kitchen. Ok just kidding, Julia's house's kitchen was kind of big and by meaning big, you mean huge. You could possibly stuff the whole army in there, but anyhow... That's not the point.

So you poured yourself a cup of coffee before walking back to the movie room. There you were greeted by a cute view of Julia and Minho. They were somehow tangled together although they had tried to sleep as separate as possible before you went to sleep. The sight was pretty hilarious and you decided to capture the moment. You grabbed your phone where you had left it last night and took couple of pictures of the cute couple in case you would need them later (like blackmailing or threatening your beloved friend...) 

"Smiiile." You whispered before taking the last pictures. For your surprise Minho actually smiled. Not that he was awake or anything. He probably just heard your cooing... When you stood up from the floor you took a quick glance of everyone else sleeping in the room. They all looked so cute wrapped around their comfy little blankets. Especially Key. So you decide to walk and sit next to him. Couple minutes you just sat there staring at the blond haired guy. And oh how much you would have wanted to move his long fringe out of his pretty face. The sight make you sigh out loud. You lifted the phone on your hand and took couple of pictures of that perfect creature in front of you before something else caught your eyes. It was Onew. He was surrounded by all the cats. Some on top of him, some on both sides of him... Ugh, he looked so funny you had to cover your mouth so you wouldn't laugh out loud. Onew looked pretty uncomfortable and he let out couple of winces probably because the cats were using him as a cat tree or something.

Soon you were distracted by the voice near you. You turned your head a bit before seeing adorkable puppy named Baozi, Jonghyun's pink cheekbone. Since you had your camera ready you decided to capture that moment too, but not with a picture. With a video. Baozi and Jonghyun both let out pretty funny and cute noises they would melt any fangirls's heart with. Well you wouldn't show the video to anyone to be honest. It was your possession. Maybe it would be time for you to wake the poor guy up, so he wouldn't have to suffer any longer... Now it was only for you to decide should you wake him up the easy way... Or the hard way. You decided to go with the easy way, just like your mother used to when you were little.

"Jonghyun-oppa... Wake up." You poked the older one on the shoulder making him just turn on his other side, which gave Baozi another great chance to his face and making him whine out loud.

"Stop my face you little demon." Jonghyun said with a raspy voice. He had opened up his eyes just to see a furball right in front of his face looking happier than ever.

"Great. You're awake. I was afraid I would have to wake you up by jumping all over your body." You smiled after hearing Jonghyun speaking. Well let's not say his voice was a huge turn on. (You had a complex to low level voices and raspy voices, but hey... Who wouldn't have that?)

"Well I woke up already at 6am when this little stupido came and started to my face. At one point I succeeded to get him away from me, but he started it again..." Jonghyun sighed and lifted up his upper body with his elbows, turning to face you.

"Don't be mad with Baozi... He's still a baby." You pouted and sipped some coffee from your moomin-mug. Jonghyun just sighed as an answer.

"Oh yeah, by the way. There's coffee if you're interested. And breakfast if you're hungry. We also have tea if you don't like coffee. Well just say what you want and I'll get it to you..." You jus kept on speaking and soon Jonghyun had to interrupt you by saying coffee was fine and thanking you for making the breakfast. After that you just nodded and stood up from the floor disappearing to the kitchen where the older one followed you. He was just smiling like a maniac and you couldn't help yourself at wonder why he looked so happy.

"Did you see Minho and Julia? What dorks..." Jonghyun laughed and grabbed the coffee-cup from your hands.

"Haha yup I saw them. I even got some pictures of them." You laughed silently along with the older one before his face got more serious tone.

"For real? Show me!" He was insisting you to show the pictures for him with some stupid hand gestures. For a moment he looked like a guy who tried to flirt somebody by asking them to dance or something. You grabbed the phone back to your hands and browsed the picture gallery (all the 4000 pictures) before finding the right ones.

"Don't they look cute though? I think it's adorable that they both drool in the same pillow." You laughed and watched as Jonghyun looked at the rest of the pictures of your friend and her crush. Before Jonghyun could get to the pictures of Key, you grabbed the phone back from him.

"Yah... They do look cute." That was the only thing Jonghyun said before the awkward silence filled the air around you. There you were. Both sipping your coffee, sitting around the half empty dinner table staring at the walls or out of windows. You could see how some of your neighbors had already started jogging or taking care of their beautiful gardens etcetc. at this early.

Soon the silence was interrupted by a huge groan coming from the hallway. Jonghyun recognized it as Onew. He arrived to the kitchen hair spiked up, upper body full of scratches (probably because of the cats...) and voice raspy as hell. So there you were, in the kitchen, with two guys who sounded smooth as . Lord have mercy.

"I feel so much pain everywhere in my body to be honest..." Onew cried and sat down beside the table rubbing his neck.

"What happened?" You and Jonghyun asked in unison.

"Well first of all, I somehow succeeded to get two pillows under my head last night. The position where I slept was so uncomfortable." Onew kept crying, but this time rubbing his eyes so he would get himself more awake. "Then those god diddly doo darn cats had to use me as a cat tree. Look at my body. Look at it! It looks like I had bad or something." You took a closer look of his upper body, making the older one frown from the gesture.

"Don't worry. Those scratch marks are not deep enough or bad looking. They will get away already for tomorrow and if they won't you can cover them up with some make-up. Although I guess there's no use for such thing. I don't think you take your shirt off that often." You just smiled for him and got back to sip your already cold coffee.

After 12 am everyone else except Julia, had gotten up, eaten and dressed up. The breakfast on the table had waited on the table for three hours now and you decided it was time to wake the Sleeping Beauty up. This time, you decided to go the hard way since you knew Julia won't wake up easily. At all. 

The boys had already tried clapping their hands next to her ear and holding her nose, just to fail and get a hard slap in the face by her. 

"You guys give up so easily. Let the master show you how it's done." You disappeared into Julia's bedroom (and yours since you practically lived there too). After a minute you came back with a horn in your hand, walking in to the movie room.

Before the guys could even prepare themselves to what was coming next, they heard obnoxious loud noise and a scream that can freeze your soul. It didn't even take longer than five seconds for both of you to walk back to the kitchen, yelling to each other. 

Julia was so angry she was so angry she threatened to slice you open and feed you to the dogs.

"If were you, I wouldn't do that. I still have that video of you dancing in your underwear holding your giant frog, pretending it was Minho." The last part you whispered to her so the guys couldn't hear. All they could see was all the color in Julia's face disappear.

 

Julia's Pov~

 

"Don't you dare show it! You promised to keep it forever hidden." You hissed at Sofia after you got a hold of yourself again. The scene looked a bit dangerous to the guys, so they decided to separate you and dragged you to the breakfast table, asking what you wanted and if they should warm something up for you. Just basically annoying the hell out you. You were not a morning person, so the first thing you wanted was coffee. And coffee you got, courtesy of Taemin. Onew was sitting beside you, keeping you company as you ate. You talked about just anything.

"Oppa, did the cats sleep on you or what? You have some red marks there." You pointed at his slightly exposed chest, giggling a little. 

"Yeah, they decided to use me as a pillow or something. It hurts too~" You couldn't help but laugh at his whining. He looked like a five year old. 

Then he let out  very 'manly' scream as one of the kittens climbed on his back. He looked so scared trying to get the little one off without dropping it. "Calm down, lady. You're gonna scare the baby more." You laughed as you carefully released him of his torture. You hugged the baby close to you, rubbing your face in her fluffy fur. "Indy is just a little adventurous so you don't have to worry." You offered Onew to hold the kitten. He shook his head, scared to hold her. The little one didn't give him a choice as she jumped on his head. He was now frozen solid, making you laugh. Indy (Indiana Jane) made her way from his head to his shoulder, curling around his neck and starting to purr. That probably calmed Onew down as he let out a long sigh he had been holding in. 

A little smile spread on you face as you sipped your coffee from your Hello Kitty-mug. It didn't take long for you to grab your phone and take a few dozen pictures of the squishy leader with a kitty on his shoulders. 

Sofia came and on your other side and smiled her well known evil smile that predicted nothing but bad things. "So you and Minho looked pretty intense last night." She said with a sarcastic voice. "What are you talking about? Are you high or something?" You were clearly panicking and Onew just fled the scene, not giving you any help.

"Oh darling, you have no idea what you did asleep." She looked so evil that chills ran up your spine. "Okay..... I think I need to go get dressed up." You slowly got up and flashed to your room. Sofia just slyly followed you, partly because she had to change too. It was not so comfortable to sleep in your normal clothes.

So it was not so hard to choose the clothes, since you were probably going to do some sweating. And at least the boys appreciated the sight. Key was checking out Sofia's and he wasn't even hiding it. You didn't notice Minho looking at your legs as you were too occupied. The dogs did notice that you were going out and started to whine. They wanted to go too. 

"Oh nooo. No no no no. You are staying here. A stadium is not a place for dogs."  You tried push them away. Not a good time to have giant dogs, may I say. "Oh Shisus! Just go eat or something! You are staying here." You were frustrated that the dogs didn't obey, but seeing your anger they whined and shuffled upstairs.

 

Finally you were able to leave the house and you sighed from relief when you sat down to the car and started the motor right away. Since you needed two cars to travel so you and Sofia had to drive them which meant you couldn't discuss with her about the morning. That annoyed you. Again you had to spend awkward time with Minho and this time Onew, while Sofia had the others with her... You also decided NOT to open the goddamn radio so you wouldn't sing out loud any suggestive lyrics... And you knew Sofia didn't have it any easier with Key either.

Luckily the trip to the arena didn't take that long and only thing you heard was Onew's very poor jokes and you didn't know whether to cry or laugh at them. "What did the worker at the rubber band factory say when he lost his job? OH SNAP!" and "What does a ghost wear when it's raining outside? Boooooots!" You just turned to look at Minho every time Onew had to answer for his own lame jokes.
But the best was yet to come. After that you were ready to pull over and ask Onew personally to get outside the car and walk his way to the arena.

"What did the psychiatrist said when a man wearing nothing but saran wrap walked into his office?" Minho turned to look at Onew lifting up his eyebrow. "Well oh please tell us." He said annoyed.
"I can clearly see you're nuts." Onew bursted out in a great laughter while you just shook your head in disbelief along with Minho. The man with saran wrap wasn't the only one nuts in this world, because clearly Onew had joined him...

And Onew kept on and on with his laughter but as soon as you shut down the motor he stopped too. Your car and Onew's mind were like connected in a weird, messed up way.

Onew had still one joke on his sleeve before we stepped out of the car. "Oh oh, this one's the best. Wait for it! Why is there no gambling in Africa?" He kept a pause so you could answer for him, but after getting only a deathglare from both of you, Onew continued. "Because there are too many cheetahs!" Minho was ready to punch him straight in the balls or something just to keep the elder quiet.

Luckily Sofia arrived just after you to the big, empty parking hall and saved you from the two guys. But Sofia just seemed too chirpy for her own good.
"What's with the face...?" You groaned and only got a shrug and some kind of hum sound as the answer.
"And what's with all that cuteness on your voice? Stop it. Now. It's too early for that anyway..." You groaned again starting to walk inside Minho and Key following you. They whispered something together, but you didn't even want to eavesdrop what.

"Ah there you are! You're a ing month late." It was Dan. He hadn't seen you there, but only the guys. He was very pissed off because of something, you nor Sofia understood.
"Yah, we're sorry! Problems with the car..." Jonghyun lied perfectly and stepped inside the great hall where they were still building up the stage etc.

When Dan got a glance at you and Sofia, he tensed up.
"What the are you doing here..." He groaned silently, but it wasn't like you didn't hear it.

"Fyi, we were invited in here. Moi​ meaning we are the so-called VIPs, so I think you better back, the , up." you lifted up your fist, but still kept walking while Sofia followed you like she didn't even see her ex standing in there. Yeah. She probably thought 'What is this evil presence I feel. And I can hear whining too... Yah. Must be a mosquito or something. Gotta kill it sooner or later."

 

When the guys started to practice you and Sofia just placed yourself in the so-called front row. To feel the beat so to speak. Besides the manager oppa asked for you two to cheer for the guys. You really didn't know why, but that had to have something to do with the 'right feeling'.
When the lights just went horribly wrong, you noticed Dan had disappeared somewhere. You didn't mind though. But after half an hour he was back with Jonah and Aaron.You didn't mind Aaron, but Jonah and Dan together... Meant disaster. You just let out another curse word before turning back to face the stage.

Another half an hour went by and you felt the burning looks on your back, although you tried our best to ignore them.
"Okay guys, I think e should keep 10 minutes break. Drink or eat something. Sit back etc. You know how it goes." The manager said and went to get some tea for himself as the boys on the stage just slumped on their spots.
"You were great oppas!" Sofia yelled and clapped her hands as you did the same.

"We know we're too perfect..." Jonghyun laughed and got a kick on the leg from Taemin who just said 'stop bragging' or something like that.

"You wanna come to the stage?" Key ruffled his hair and took a shy look on Sofia who just clapped her hands together asking if that was even possible. In seconds Key had jumped down from the stage and walked to you leaning his hands forward like wanting to help us get over the fence.
After getting over the block, you both ran to the stage and admired the view you got from there.

"Imagine when this place is full of people. Imagine the screaming!" Sofia yelled and her eyes were formed in heart-shapes just like in some lame anime-show. Well it's only fair to say you looked the same. Although the stadium was empty, you could hear all the screams and music in your ears. You loved the feeling.

"I feel like dancing right now. I feel I've accomplished something in my life. I mean. This is the highlight of my life so far." Sofia laughed and you just wished she would not do her victory dance in front of everyone. Luckily she didn't.

"Why don't you just do it then..." Jonghyun laughed, but didn't know the mess he got caused. Sofia grabbed the nearest mic in her hands and played with it for a while before starting to hum some song.

 

Sofia's pov

 

You really had no idea what kind of song you would sing. You have so many good ideas to be honest...
Soon enough you made up your mind and started to hum one special song for you. 

"Blue jeans, white shirt.

Walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn.

It was like, James Dean - for sure
You so fresh to death and sick as ca-cancer
You were sorta punk rock, I grew up on hip hop
But you fit me better than my favorite sweater, and I know
That love is mean, and love hurts
But I still remember that day we met in December, oh baby!

I will love you till the end of time
I would wait a million years
Promise you'll remember that you're mine
Baby can you see through the tears
Love you more, than those es before
Say you'll remember, oh baby, say you'll remember
I will love you till the end of time"

 

Everyone listened as you sang the words straight from your heart. Although you didn't have any emotional-history about the song, Julia knew how much you loved the song, because of the lyrics. They reminded you of past relationships, which every single one of them ended badly. Especially the last one with that bastard over the lighting machine.

As you finished the song, everyone was clapping for you. 

"Wow.... That was... Amazing! Really!" Taemin jumped up and down and hugged you. Julia just nodded silently, tears b her eyes. You wondered what got her more emotional than you, but didn't question it. Just let her be.

"You wanna sing too?" You asked her when you got next to her leaning the mic towards her face. She just shook her head. Perfect lie. "Come on. I know you wanna sing. Don't lie to me..." You lifted up your other eyebrow. She forcefully grabbed the microphone and pouted, not knowing what she would sing for everyone. Then she looked at you like asking for help.

"Well I've already sang Lana so if you would just stick in the same plan..." I whispered and let out a laugh, which Julia did too. "Yah, I have a perfect song in my mind..." She beamed in joy and you shook your head.
"Oh no don't tell me you're going to sing 'Ride' for us..." You laughed after getting a shy nod from her. "You're impossible..."


Before you could even say more, Julia had ran to the guy mixing the music on the side of the stage. After bickering with him a couple seconds, calm music filled the air along with Julia's humming.
Now everyone's eyes were on the girl as she started to sing maybe even more passionately that you did.

"I've been out on that open road
You can be my full time daddy
White and gold
Singing blues has been getting old
You can be my full time baby
Hot or cold

Don't break me down
I've been traveling too long
I've been trying too hard
With one pretty song

Dying young and I'm playing hard
That's the way my father made his life an art
Drink all day and we talk 'til dark
That's the way the road dogs do it, light to dark

Don't leave me now
Don't say goodbye
Don't turn around
Leave me high and dry

I'm tired of feeling like I'm ing crazy
I'm tired of driving 'til I see stars in my eyes
I look up to keep myself sane baby
To live just to ride, I just fly.

I hear the birds on the summer breeze, I drive fast
I am alone at midnight
Been trying hard not to get into trouble, but I
I've got a war in my mind
I just ride, just ride"

 

 

When the last notes went away everyone bursted out clapping. You laughed silently after noticing Minho's jaw open and dazed expression. He was really head over heels for Julia. You couldn't help but laugh a little as he was standing there looking stupid. 

"Oh. My. God!! You were amazing! Where did you learn to sing like that?" Jonghyun was jumping up and down and hugged the daylights out of her. Julia just laughed as she tried to get air in her lungs. You had to pry Jjong off of her. Minho helped you of course, jealous as he was.

You then saw some lone tears dripping down her cheeks, but before you could even react, Minho wiped the tears away from her face like in some corny and cheesy love story-movie. "get a room!" Key laughed as he saw the obvious blush on her cheeks.
Meanwhile on the other side of the stage someone else wasn't that excited about the whole singing deal.  

"Oh please. She's not even that good. She just wants attention." Jonah scoffed and Dan laughed along side with him. You growled at them and they could feel you killing them inside that screwed up mind of yours. You gave an angry look for your brother who also looked pretty confused by the action of his friends. But at that moment Aaron didn't feel the need to interrupt Jonah's saying. He knew the younger guy was pissed off that Julia had broke up with him. He knew when Jonah was jealous...

"Well I think she sang well..." Minho stated and the others nodded furiously. Julia who tried to hold back the urge to say something now turned to look at you and bit her lower lip.
"Your opinion is irrelevant." Jonah said to Dan, but it was sure Minho had heard it. At that point Julia had enough. She walked over to Jonah and grabbed him from his wrist taking him to the big hallway where no one was around.
Of course you followed them. You knew how heated temperament Julia had. You knew she would beat the daylight out of her ex. And you didn't want that to happen. Not here, not now, not ever.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" You listened as they started their bickering with each other. Julia of course was the first one to speak...

 

-Julia's pov-

 

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" You Yelled straight to Jonah's face resisting the urge to break his ugly nose. "Oh if you wanted to me, you could have just said so." Jonah smirked and lifted up your chin with his index finger. You slapped his hand away with disgust and almost spat in his face.

"Stop that. I have no interest in you even if you were the last man on earth." You growled at him dangerously. He almost looked scared for a nanosecond. Almost

"That's not what you thought when you were under me." He tried to grab you again, just to get a very, very hard punch. Yes you heard right. Punched him right in the face. That is going to leave a lovely purple bruise on his face. 

"You ing ! What the hell?! Are you ing mental?!?! You !!!!!"

"DON'T you ever talk to me like that!! You were the one that did wrong and I was too stupid to even realize it!" You had angry tears trying to escape, but you were determined not to cry in front of that bastard.

"Oh please! You're just another attention seeking and you're even ing that guy just because no-one else will!" You had had it the moment those words left his mouth. You didn't even think or realize what you had done until you could feel the hard sting on your palm from the hard impact of slapping Jonah.

"You !" Jonah raised his hand in attempt to slap you in revenge, but he had no such luck on his side. Sofia who had been spying looking out for you, had called the boys just in time. Minho was the first to rush to your side and he grabbed a hold of Jonah's hand. His grip was so strong Jonah yelped in pain and growled at Minho. But they didn't call him Flaming Charisma for nothing. Minho was looking at him with so much hatred he felt openly scared for his safety. But Aaron didn't give him an easy time either. He was just as mad as Minho. You were just like a sister to him and Jonah had said and done such horrible things to you he was done helping his friend. 

"You have five seconds to leave until you leave here in an ambulance where we put you in." Aaron spat out the words with such venom even you were a bit frightened. "Oh please, like you would do something to me." Jonah scoffed and tried to look unfazed. 

"You insulted my baby sister's best friend, don't even think I would go easy on you." Aaron clenched his fists. "What? Oh I get it! You ed him too, right? No wonder both of them are so protective of you." Jonah laughed like a maniac.

"That's IT! No more! you are SO done here!!!" Sofia pushed everyone aside and kicked Jonah's leg so bad he thought it would break. 

"Sister dear, Let us men handle this. I don't want you to contaminate your hands with this piece of ." Aaron had this completely evil look upon his face that made him look like the Satan himself. It was filled with pure hatred and evil, much like Minho's looked. 

"......." you tried to get some words out, but it was in vain. All you could do was watch as the two men began ganging up on Jonah. 

The first one to punch him was Minho, he really did land a strong one on him, so strong that he fell to the floor pretty nicely. Aaron didn't even give him the chance to get up before he kicked him straight in the jaw. You could all hear a horrid crack when Jonah screamed in pain. 

"Stop! It's already enough! Please!" Before you knew it, you had thrown yourself in front of the two and tears were falling from your face like crystal rivers. Lol wut?

"B-but.... Jul-" Aaron and Minho were restrained by the other members and their manager who had come to see the commotion. "I said stop! I don't want any problems for you two so please, I beg of you. Please." At the end, your voice was barely a whisper and you were trembling like a leaf.

"We understand. Just can you let us go already!" Aaron huffed and when the others released them, Minho took a long step and engulfed you in a strong, protective hug. You let out a breath you didn't even know you were holding. You cried so much in his arm that you didn't even notice Sofia dragging the beaten up Jonah by his ear to the door.

She threw him harshly on the ground and threatened him not to tell anyone about who beat him up or he would get something much worse from her. He just nodded at her terrified and she called a security guard to help take hit to a hospital so his wounds could be treated. They wouldn't want him to sue them now would they? 

"It's okay now. It's okay." Minho soothed your hair and rubbed your back to try and calm down your crying. It was beginning to work. Everyone else was gathered around you and Sofia was holding your hand too (Or more like you were squeezing it so tightly). 

When you finally did calm down, you were too exhausted to even stand on your own, so Minho took you to their dressing room and laid you on the couch so you could sleep a little. He didn't wan to leave you alone, but didn't dare show it. Sofia noticed it and smiled knowingly.

"Don't worry. I will take care of her." She patted his back and winked, making him blush a whole new shade of red. He left in a hurry and Sofia just giggled at his reaction. You hadn't even once let go of her hand and she gently massaged the the back of your hand on her own, gently squeezing it, encouraging you to sleep already. Soon enough, the tiredness overcame you and you drifted off into the Dreamland. Sofia just smiled at you and softly patted your head as you slept quietly, not even letting go of her.