Chapter 6

The Rose and its Thorns

 

[Kikwang POV]

I laid back on my bed, mindlessly strumming the guitar in my hands. Dongwoon had left to go somewhere with Hyunseung, so I was left here alone in our dorm room. I thought back to the dance class, sighing as I strummed the guitar again. I hugged my guitar close, realizing I wouldn't be able to hide behind it for this performance. I would have to actually dance. I mean, I knew I was really good at dancing. But it scared me to dance in front of people. I'd only ever danced for my hyungs, and they told me I should quit guitar and go join SM or something. But I loved the guitar. I didn't want to dance in front of people. I was different when I was with my guitar. I placed the electric I had been holding back on the stand and walked over, grabbing my acoustic.

I began to strum the beggining chords to the first song my teacher had tought me. I closed my eyes, remembering when I was younger and just learning to play. "Heart beats fast, colors and promises how to be brave. How can I love when I'm afraid to fall? But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow." I stopped playing, letting the last chord I'd played ring through the room. I heard coughing behind me and snapped my head around to see Dongwoon standing there. I sighed and returned the aucoustic to its case, looking up at him again. I hadn't spoken to him since my cranky mood this morning. "About this morning..."

Dongwoon's eyes widened at the memory and he crushed his hands over his ears, running over to his bed and slamming a pillow over his head. "Hyung. You don't have to say anything about that." His words were muffled by the pillow he'd slammed over his head. Was I really that scary in the morning? I faintly remember Junhyung saying something about how he'd never wake me up in the morning. I guess I wasn't a morning person. "Anyways, Hyung." Dongwoon threw the pillow off his face and brought his knees up to his chest, resting his chin on them. "You're a guitarist and all, so I was wondering... Do you even know how to dance?"

"A little." I muttered, kicking at the pile of clothes at the foot of my bed.

"Mmm. A little. Well, let's go see how 'little' your dance experience is." Dongwoon declared, grabbing his iPod from his dresser and leaving the room. I groaned, rolling off my bed and following the younger to one of our dorm's dance practice room. No one else was in there when we entered, and Dongwoon slipped off his jacket as he hooked his iPod up to the speakers. "Do you want to go first, or shall I?" He asked. I said nothing so he took that as he would start first. Dongwoon scrolled through the songs on his iPod, finally settling on one with a familiar tune. My eyes widened in recognition as the younger boy got into his mind set for dancing, a hand coming up to cover my mouth.

"Naega jeil jal naga. Naega jeil jal naga. Naega jeil jal naga. Naega jeil jal naga. Je je jeil jal naga. Beat!" His movements were precise as he danced to the opening of the song, copying 2NE1's movements perfectly. Oh god, he was too good at dancing this song. I placed another hand over my mouth, trying to contain my laught but not able to any more, doubling over with laughs racking my body. Dongwoon was in the middle of Bom's first verse when he noticed me on the floor laughing. He turned the music off and crossed his arms over his chest, a pout playing on his face and I wiped tears away.

"M-mian. But Dongwoon-ah... How many times have you done that dance?" I asked in between laughs.

"My Hyungs and I entered a dance competition with it. Males had to preform female songs, and vice versa. Yoseob was going through a 2NE1 phase, so we chose that one. Wae?!" He shouted the last word, his face a deep red.

"You were way too good at that. If you looked as feminine as your Hyung, I might've thought you were a girl in disguise."

Dongwoon stuck his tounge out at me and I regained some form of composure as I tried to keep a straight face, a few giggles escaping now and then as I stood there. "What song do you want, hyung?" Dongwoon grumbled from across the room. I raised a shoulder in a shrug, forgetting to tell him no girl's group songs. I heard the beginning to 4Minute's Volume Up and I immediately groaned, but was determined to prove to Dongwoon that I, a mere guitar player, could dance as well.

"Nareul cheoeum bwasseul ttaen nundo mot ttaesseotdeon. Neo Uh uh uh uh neo uh uh uh uh. Swibdago shilhdamyeon dwieseo nae yaegil. Hae eh eh eh eh Why?" I sang along to Hyuna's part, not knowing the actual coreography to the song so simply freestyling as I went along. I spared a glance towards Dongwoon and smirked at his expression as my body flowed perfectly with the music, movements clean and precise. He turned the music off right as Gayoon's part ended and stood there, slack-jawed.

"Hyung..." He whispered, a smile breaking out on his face. "I think we just might win this thing."

I think it was that smile Dongwoon gave me that made me begin to fall for him.

[Hyunseung POV]

"No. No. No. No." I corrected again and again as Junhyung messed up on the coreography. "Junhyung, your arms are way to stiff. You're dancing like a freaking ahjussi. You have to flow into the movements, not walk into them like a broken robot. Here like this." I demonstrated the move to Junhyung who simply fell onto his , giving up once more. He pulled his hat over his eyes and grumbled a few words to me that I wasn't quite able to catch, so I leaned down closer to him, knowing it would cause the younger's face to turn beet red as I stopped so my lips were just a whisper away from his. "Now, what did you say, Junhyung-ah?" I whispered, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

"N-n-n-nothing!" He blubbered out, turning to face away from me, causing a laugh to rip through my body as he turned away.

"Yah, Junhyung-ah. You're acting like a school girl who's seen her crush for the first time." I straightened out my back and walked over to the edge of the room, looking in the mirror to see Junhyung still blushing like crazy. I grabbed my water bottle and slipped down, my back up against the mirror as I faced the younger. "Junhyung-ah. You've never danced before? Like ever?" I asked, taking a swig from the water bottle in my hand, my attention still on Junhyung as I did so.

"Mmm." He mumbled, and slowly started to wiggle towards me, sitting exactly a foot away from me and placing his hat between our bodies.

"Well then watch carefully, alright? I'm only gonna dance to this once, then I am teaching you how to dance." I pushed myself up onto my feet and walked over to my iPod, scrolling through the songs and deciding on Scream by Usher. I listened to the beginning of the song and I turned over to see Junhyung's eyes watching only me. Might as well give him a show.

"I see you, over there, so hypnotic. Thinking bout, what I'd do to that body. I'd get you like." I felt the music begin to take control of me, my body reacting to the song on its own. I felt my arms extending out, the movements flowing one into the other. I listened to the bass in the song, allowing myself to pop everytime the bass hit hard. "Got no drink in my hand, but I'm wasted. Getting drunk, on the thoughts, of you n*ked. I'd get you like." I swung my hips as I span in a circle, my eyes meeting Junhyung's for a split second. I winked at him and noticed the blush that immediately filled his cheeks when I did so. I danced through the song until the first chorus, walking over and shutting the music off.

"See? Now that wasn't so hard." I said, sliding down next to Junhyung, moving his hat away as I did so.

"I bet you wouldn't be that good if I asked you to play a guitar for the first time." I heard him mutter.

"Aish. Junhyung-ah. You don't dance bad. But it's just your movements are so stiff." I reasoned, placing a hand on the small of his back.

"Stiff?"

"Yes, Junhyung-ah. You need to let yourself go free. And I know exactly how." I pulled Junhyung to his feet and ran with him outside of the practice room and down the corridor until we reached our room.

"W-w-where are we going?" He asked, slightly out of breath.

"Clubbing."

==============================

Thank you so much for reading~!

Next chapter will be all DooSeob. ^^

Remember to comment and suscribe~!