What the Hell'd I Get Myself Into?

The Rose and its Thorns

[Junhyung POV]

"Naega jeil jal naga... Naega jeil jal naga..."

The sound of a phone ringing woke me up in the morning. I groaned, burying my face deeper into what I assumed was my pillow, reaching over to grab the phone. Wait. I don't remember ever changing my ringtone. And since when has my pillow been so hard? Prying my eyes open, I suppressed a scream as I laid face to face with Hyunseung. I fell backwards, the older slightly stirring. Putting a hand to my chest, I swung my head around the room, letting a sigh out as I realized we had fallen asleep in the recording studio. Hyunseung's phone stopped ringing, and the boy shifted positions in the chair he occupied, his red hair covering his eyes. I'd have to remind him to get it cut. I rubbed my head, standing up and walking over to where Hyunseung's phone sat on the top of the stack of sheet music we'd written last night.

I gently removed the phone from the stack, taking the stack back to the chair I'd slept in next to Hyunseung. Rolling the chair a few feet away so not to disturb him, I flipped aimlessly through the pieces of music, looking at each name. "I Remember" sat on top, the first song Hyunseung and I had composed. Underneath it was a few ones Hyunseung had written in his 4D world, one completely about fried chicken. I'd have to make sure Doojoon and Yoseob didn't get that one. The next one that we'd written together had the title "Dream Girl." I faintly remembered writing it, flipping over to the next page of sheet music. I flipped through "E.R.", "Special", "Hurts", and "One More Night." A smile found its way on my face as I looked at the title of the next one, knowing this was the one I'd written for him. Hyunseung stirred slightly, and I quickly took the piece of sheet music and stuffed it into my backpack, knowing it wasn't time to show it to him.

"Junnie? What time is it?" The doe eyed boy asked sleepily, his doe eyes slowly opening as he sat up straight in his chair. His hair stuck out at awkward angles, his shirt askew. I glanced at the wall clock, gaping at the time. It was almost noon. . We'd missed today's classes. Hyunseung's phone went off again, and the dancer rose from his seat and sauntered over to where his phone sat. He smiled at the number, debating for a few seconds before accepting the call. "Seobie? Why are you calling me right now? You're supposed to be in class." Hyunseung scolded gently, his voice light as he walked over to where I sat. The next thing I knew, Hyunseung was using me as a chair. "Oh yea. It is lunch time right about now. Where am I? At my family's recording studio. Wae?" Hyunseung's eyes widened and I could hear a frantic Yoseob's voice on the other line. I imagined the smaller boy flailing his arms and exaggerating his movements extremely right now. "Bwoh?! Who could do that?! Araso. Hang up."

Hyunseung pressed the end call button, groaning standing up from my lap. He gathered up his items, throwing them all into his bag and he slung it over his shoulder. "Get your stuff Junhyung."

Something was up.

He used my full name.

Hyunseung never uses my full name.

I grabbed a folder from the shelf and put all the sheet music in there, except for that one of course. I followed Hyunseung outside and he pulled the car from the slot it occupied, speeding off to the school, his eyebrows drawn into a frown.

What the hell happened?

[Yoseob POV]

"Araso. Hang up."

I hung up as Hyunseung said those words, covering my face as I looked at the flier in front of me. Dongwoon and Kikwang sat on either side of me, and the usually calm Doojoon even paced in front of me.

"Stop pacing. It's making me even more nervous." Kikwang spoke up from next to me.

"Who would do this anyways?" I felt Dongwoon pry the flier from my lap. I buried my face into Kikwang's shoulder, and I felt him place his hand on my knee. "And the photo they have of Doojoon-hyung... How the hell'd they get it?" Lifting my face, I dared one more glance at the flier. It was a flier for the competition between Daehyun and I, photos of each of us one the page. Doojoon and Yongguk, the partner that Daehyun ended up choosing, were also on the flier. The title was big ang gaudy, and it claimed that 4Minute and BTOB would be there as guest judges. The thought of having two of my favorite idol groups there, criticizing every move and sound I made caused my stomach to drop. They were now even charging admission, and it was going to be televised. Doojoon groaned and sat on his bed, laying his head in his hands.

"Cube obviously did it." He mused from where he sat, his eyes raising to mine.

"But wae? Seobie and Daehyun-ssi are only students here... Why would they televise it? And bring BTOB and 4Minute?" Kikwang asked from next to me, and Doojoon shook his head in disdain.

"Money, obviously. What else is there to gain from being an idol?" Doojoon sneered, obviously greatly opposed to the idea of having this contest televised.

"But how'd they find out about it?" Dongwoon argued, crumpling the poster up and tossing it onto the floor.

"Daehyun probably." I grumbled, making a mental note to pop him one the next time I saw him. We sat in silence for a few moments, and Doojoon flipped the television on. I almost had a heart attack as I saw Gayoon and Changsub pop up on the screen.

"Annyeong everyone~ I'm Gayoon from 4Minute~" Gayoon said in a perky voice, doing aegyo as she said so.

"And I'm Changsub from BTOB." Changsub offered from Gayoon's side. "Gayoonh, why are we here today?" Changsub asked, giving Gayoon puppy eyes as he asked.

"You know why we're here, Changsub-ah~" She said, playfully smacking him on the arm. "We're here to tell you all about a competition happening at United Cube High~ An event both BTOB and 4Minute will be attending~!" Her voice raised with every word, and Changsub nodded from her side.

"Ah~ Yes. Students Jung Daehyun and Yang Yoseob-" Butterflies are back. "-will be participating in a competition in three weeks! Both students were allowed to choose one partner, and the winner will be promoted to the top of their class, thus earning them a greater chance at debut!"

"Tickets are 40,000 won presale, 50,000 at the door. This is where you will want to be that night~!" Gayoon claimed, a smile splitting her face.

"This has been-"

Doojoon shut off the television, cutting off what Changsub was saying. I felt my heart pounding in my throat, a lump forming. An uneasy silence fell throughout the room. The only sound was the silent clicking of the clock. I heard Dongwoon's breathing quicken slightly, and I reached for his hand, squeezing it lightly, reassuring him.

"B-but Hyung..." He began from next to me, his voice small as he spoke. "Y-you can't..." I saw some tears forming in the corner of his eyes as his fingers wrapped around my arm.

"I have to Woonie." I murmured, closing my eyes and shuddering at the thought.

"But Hyung!"

"No buts." I interuppted, cutting him off. Doojoon looked at me with curiousity, his eyes lighting up in recognition. I dropped my gaze, feeling heat rush to my cheeks. I didn't want him to know. I didn't want anyone, anyone besides Dongwoon and Hyunseung, to know. It was the one quality of myself that I was ashamed to admit to. It was the only part of me that I wished I was able to change.

"Yoseob-ah..." I clenched my hands, still not looking at Doojoon.

"Don't say it..." My voice was small, weak.

"You..."

"No. Doojoon, do not say it." Please. Don't. I'm not weak.

"Yoseob..."

"Stop. Please."

"You... have stage fright, don't you?"

The words shattered the gentle facade I'd been able to keep up for the longest time, my shoulders shaking slightly as the memories of when I was eliminated. Of the one time I'd let my heart out on my sleeve, the one time I'd let myself show all my insecurities, only to have them all thrown back into my face. The one thing I'd never wanted to hear. That I wasn't good enough. That my voice was weak. That'd I'd lost tempo, that even though I'd tried my absolute hardest, even trying my hardest wasn't enough. That doing anything would never be good enough in their eyes. Ever since there, I'd developed stage fright, which had caused me to become a perfectionist. I'd never wanted to do anything if it wasn't perfect. I'd never want to put my heart out on the line for something I'd just get shot down by again.

I was terrified.

"Yoseob-ah!" I heard my Hyung's panicked voice as he slammed the door open, Junhyung seconds behind him. Turning my head to his way, I saw the fear for me in his eyes. He dropped his bag, striding over to me in three steps, throwing his arms around me, Kikwang stood up and Hyunseung replaced him. "Yoseob-ah... You don't have to do this. You really, really don't. No. Yoseobie. You can't do this. You'll panic and you'll forget all your lines and-"

"Hyung..." I felt tears pricking the corners of my eyes as I interuppted him. Hyunseung looked down at me with expectant eyes. I gently removed his arms from me, taking his hand in mine. I took a shaky breath, closing my eyes as I dropped them. Opening my eyes, I looked into Hyunseung's doe ones. His mouth hung slightly ajar, his eyes searching mine for something, anything. "Hyung... I have to. Don't try and stop me, hyung. I will do it, no matter what. I can't let the entire hopes of the school down, and I especially can't let Doojoon hyung down. Please, Hyunseung." I saw a flicker of pain go through his eyes as I used his full name. "Let me do it. For me."

For him.

"Yoseob-ah..." The look on Hyunseung's face was one of recognition. "You... You l-"

"Guys." Dongwoon's voice cut into our conversation. I breathed a sigh of relief, as Hyunseung wasn't able to finish his sentence.

"Yes, Woonie?"

"Where's Junhyung, Kikwang, and Doojoon?"

.

[Doojoon POV]

"Hyung, calm down."

"No."

I continued to speed walk down the hallway, Junhyung and Kikwang trailing behind me. Exiting the dorm rooms, I noticed a few girls stop and point at me, obviously recognizing me. Shooting them glares, I began to walk to the building that held the classrooms. Junhyung and Kikwang muttered sorrys to anyone I ran into. Slamming the door open of the building caused the few students that littered its interior to jump. Classroom doors were opened and closed. Not in any of them. I let a growl out, slamming my fist into the wall and closing my eyes, thinking for a moment.

Cafeteria.

"Hyung, will you at le-."

"No."

Running out of the building, I turned to the right and began to sprint towards the cafeteria. I threw the doors open, the slamming of them echoing throughout the filled cafeteria. All talking inside stopped, except for one table in middle of the cafeteria. One table consisting of six boys. I weaved my way through the room, finding the boy I was looking for. He continued to eat and talk to the boy next to him. The one he was talking to kept glancing up in my direction though. Daehyun finally relented and set down his fork, turning to find my fist connecting with his face. His eyes lit up in anger as he pushed off of the bench he'd been occupying.

"What the hell is your problem Yoon?" He spat, clenching his fists next to him.

"You." I raised my fist to hit him again when Junhyung grabbed onto my arm, preventing me from hitting him. "Junhyung, let me go." I growled out through gritted teeth.

"No." He said simply, imitating my prior responses.

"Yong Junhyung! Let. Go."

"No, hyung." Kikwang's voice came from the other side of me, and I turned my head to him. "Hyung, think rationally, for five seconds. Have you even thought of how Yoseob would feel if you got into a fight? Hyung, Yoseob can't exactly participate in a competition where his partner is expelled. You do realize that, right?" I shook Junhyung's arm off and crossed my own in front of my chest. Daehyun still held his cheek where I'd hit him, the swelling of it already beginning.

"Why'd you tell the CEO about the competition, Jung?" I spat at the younger, who just looked at me in shock.

"I felt like we needed a bigger stage than we had originally planned." The bastard replied simply, looking at me with defiance playing in his eyes.

"Didn't you take time to think of what it'd mean for both parties?" Junhyung shot back from next to me, his eyes narrowing.

"I assumed you guys wouldn't be scaredy cats and face up to the challenge." Daehyung stated.

"Well, Daehyun-ssi." Kikwang said sweetly, ice dripping from each of his words. He stepped out from behind me and walked over to Daehyun. A sick smile played on Kikwang's face as he approached the younger boy. Daehyun backed up, everyone moving out of the way as Kikwang moved towards him like a cat stalking its prey. Daehyun eventually hit the wall his eyes shaking as Kikwang stood inches before him. The smile dropped from my dongsaeng's face as he slammed his fist into the wall just a centimeter from Daehyun's head. "Doojoon may not be able to get into a fight but I sure as hell can." He growled out, taking his other hand and curling it around his neck. Kikwang stood on his tippy-toes so his mouth was near Daehyun's ear. "So watch your back, Daehyun-ssi. Ne?" Kikwang dropped both his hands and sauntered back over to me.

"Hyung." Kikwang said, the true smile back on his face. "Let's go, ne?"

It scared me how quickly Kikwang's personalities changed.

Kikwang and Junhyung breezed out of the cafeteria, but I hung back a second longer, sparing a glance at Daehyun who had finally staggered back to his feet. He stuck a finger out at me, his voice steady as if though he wasn't scared just moments before. "Yoon. You better not back out." A slight wavering in his voice betrayed him.

"Don't worry, Jung. We'll make sure to crush you."

I made sure to flip a table or two before walking out, leaving a stunned Daehyun screaming my name in fury.

=============================

Ahh. >.> I was supposed to have this up friday... But I got the stuff for my costume n yea. Mianhe~

Hopefully this chapter was worth the wait? ^^;

Thank you for reading~ Remember to comment and suscribe. ^^