Chapter 15

The Rose and its Thorns

[Yoseob POV]

Hyunseung gently patted my back as I heaved up my lunch into the toilet. He gently wiped away the remainders from the side of my lips as I leaned back, exhaling loudly. Hyunseung said no words as he flushed the toilet, and simply wrapped me into a hug, and I let myself relax into his embrace. The queasy feeling returned to my stomach, and I turned my head from my Hyung as I threw up the remainder of my lunch into the toilet. I panted into the toilet, spitting a few times to get the vile taste of stomach acid out of my mouth. Dongwoon walked in and flushed the toilet, taking the seat on the other side of me and wrapping his hand around mine. It was only us three in my bathroom, Doojoon, Junhyung, and Kikwang no where to be found. I sighed, and I felt Hyunseung's embrace tighten.

"Hyung... You really can't do this..." Dongwoon murmured from beside me, making small circles on the back of my hand as he spoke.

"But I have to, Woon-ah..." I replied simply, a sigh in my voice.

"Hyung. You don't have to." Dongwoon claimed again, his voice firmer this time around.

"But Dongwoon, I-"

"No buts, Hyung." Dongwoon cut me off. He grabbed my face and turned it so I was looking straight into his eyes. "I don't care if this is some big nationalized competition. I don't care if you feel obliged to do this stupid competition. I don't care if you end up dissapointing the entire school. What I do care about is that you don't have a mental breakdown in front of everyone. I care about your safety and I cared about you, Hyung. Please don't feel like you have to go through with this, because in all honest, you truly do not have to do this." 

"But that's just it, Woon." Hyunseung interjected, placing a comforting hand on my knee as he explained. "No matter how much Seobie doesn't want to do this, he has to. He can't let the school down. This may be his last chance at becoming big. You know how badly Seobie's wanted to be discovered. I still remember when he came to my house in tears because he got cut from JYP. I remember how you were in tears too, Woonie. You have to realize, Seobie will get over this. It make take him some time, but being able to perform in front of stars will help him out. You understand, right Woonie?"

Dongwoon nodded from beside me, but his facial expression told me he still wasn't convinced. I sighed, squeezing his hand lightly. "Woonie. I'll be fine." Dongwoon pouted out his lower lip, but nodded with sincerity this time. I smiled and hugged the younger. Hyunseung pulled us up and out of the bathroom, and the three of us sank onto my mattress. I felt Hyunseung pull the covers over us and I snuggled into his side. Dongwoon's hand wrapped around mine and Hyunseung's arm was slung over mine and Dongwoon's chest. I felt both their breathings steady beside me, and I let my heavy eyelids finally close.

Maybe I'll wake up and this will all be just a dream...

[Doojoon POV]

When we finally returned to the dorm room, I took note of how the door was firmly closed. I unlocked it, and peered inside. Hyunseung, Dongwoon, and Yoseob were all cuddled up on Yoseob's bed. I sighed as I pushed the door open further, shuffling into the room and collapsing onto my bed. Kikwang entered after me, smiling at the sight of the three on Yoseob's bed and took a seat next to me. Junhyung entered and closed the door, pulling out the chair to my desk and collapsing in it. We sat there in silence, as it stretched on for minutes. Rustling was heard from Yoseob's bed, a moments later a disheveled Hyunseung sat up, his eyes distant. He turned his gaze to me, but his eyes were looking past me. His gaze to Kikwang, before he finally found Junhyung and smiled. Junhyung's face turned a furious red as Hyunseung floated off of the bed and found his way onto Junhyung's lap, his arms snaking around Junhyung's neck.

"Junnie~" Hyunseung whined, resting his head on Junhyung's neck.

"B-bwoh?!" Junhyung snapped, his face still red as a tomato. Hyunseung pulled back and smacked Junhyung lightly on the chest, standing up and strolled over to Yoseob's desk, perching on its edge. A pout formed on his lip as he crosed his arms over his chest, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"Yong Junhyunhg." Guess he's awake now. "Where were you?"

"No where..." Junhyung muttered, his face turned to the ground as he spoke.

"Junhyung..." Hyunseung threatened, returning to Junhyung's lap as he spoke. He intertwined his fingers with Junhyung's, his doe eyes becoming soft as he leaned to Junhyung's ear. He whispered a few words to Junhyung, and the latter's face turned a bright red and his jaw hung open slightly. He nodded dumbly, and Hyunseung smirked, pulling Junhyung out of his seat and out the room, a stupid smile finding its way onto Junhyung's face as Hyunseung dragged the younger out of the room. The door closed shut behind them, and I let out a sigh, wondering what the hell had just happened. Kikwang laid down on my bed, pulling the covers over himself and dragging me down with him.

"Kiki~ What are you doing?" I complained, struggling to sit up straight, only to be pulled down by him again.

"Sleep, hyung. It'll clear your mind, and you'll be able to think clearer when you wake up. Come on hyung, just sleep. Sleep." I groaned as Kikwang through the covers over me before turning his back to me and getting comfortable. A minute passed, and his breathing became even, indicating the younger had finally fell asleep. I sighed, glancing over to the other bed and seeing the peaceful sleeping face of Yoseob. I smiled at the young boy's small face.

He's actually kinda cute when he's not yelling at someone...

I saw the sleeping boy stir, and immediately shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I heard him sit up slowly, a yawn escaping his lips. I kept my eyes firmly shut. The sound of Yoseob's feet shuffling on the floor filled the room. The shuffling stopped, and I heard the younger's breath close to me. His fingers touched my cheek gently, pushing a  few strands out of my eyes. I held my breath, trying to not alert the younger I was never asleep. His hand retracted, and I heard him sigh and mutter a few words to himself before shuffling back over to his own bed. The silence stretched on in the room, and I felt myself falling back to sleep when I heard Dongwoon's soft mutters and Yoseob's hushed whispers coming from his bed.

"Hyung... Where's Hyunseung-hyung?" Dongwoon asked, his voice soft.

"Who knows..." Yoseob muttered, but I heard a hint of sadness present in his voice.

"Hyung..."

"I'm fine, Woonie. Go back to sleep." I heard him get off of his bed and exit the room. Dongwoon sighed, and I heard his footsteps follow Yoseob out of the dorm. Cracking an eye open, I saw the door ajar and Yoseob's bed empty. I swung my legs over the edge, and heard Kikwang stir from next to me. He muttered a few words, and I tucked him back in, a small smile forming on his face as he settled back to sleep. I slipped out of the room, but Dongwoon's fleeting figure was no where in sight. I walked up and down the dorm, neither of the two in sight. I let out a frustrated sigh, silently cursing myself for letting them get out of my sight. I exited the dorms, and walked to the Mathmatics Department.

I opened the doors of classrooms, peered in windows. Nothing no one. I checked the Singing Department, the Practice Rooms, the Language Arts Building, the Sciences and Histories. Nothing. I groaned, returning to the dorms and checking once throught again. And then it hit me. The Language Arts Building has a rooftop garden. I smacked myself in the face, jogging over to the Language Arts Building. I ascended the flights of stairs, and noticed the door to the rooftop slightly ajar. I felt a smirk grow on my face as I pushed the door open slightly, and crawled up the stairs. The two figures on the rooftop were illuminated by the moonlight.

"Alright, fine Dongwoon! I still love Hyunseung-hyung! Are you happy now?"

The words hit me like a ton of bricks, breaking into my soul and cracking me into pieces. A queasy feeling took over my stomach, and I felt the beginnings of tears pricking at my eyes. My hand clenched on the doorknob, and my other hand s its way up to my chest. I felt something there... Pressure? Pain? I clenched my chest, not noticing the tears which had begun to fall down my face. I saw the figure of Dongwoon freeze as he noticed me standing in the doorway, Yoseob's back to me. I wanted to run, I wanted to hide. I didn't want them to know I was there, that I heard. But my feet were rooted in place.

"Bwoh?" Yoseob asked, his gaze following Dongwoon's and eventually finding mine. I saw recognition flare through his eyes, and as he murmured my name, my feet regained their movement.

And I ran.

------------------------------

//bows deeply. I am so so so so so sorry for making all my lovely readers wait for this short update. I know, two weeks and this is all I put out. >> I'm sorry guys~ I would've updated sooner, but five things kept me from updating:

1) Tumblr you should follow me :D

2) KDramas

3) Pewdiepie videos

4) Assasin's Creed 3

5) NBA Season (Lob City Clips)

And yea. I kept getting sidetracked, and stuff, and yea... But~!! I already have started on 16, and I will promise you all it will be out next week! So stick with this extremely lazy author-ssi, de? ^^ Next chapter will be JunSeung-centered and have Dongwoon's and Yoseob's convo~

Comments are loved~!!

I love you all~!!!