Chapter 10

The Rose and its Thorns

[Junhyung POV]

"Yah!" I heard Hyunseung scold as he smacked me across the head. "You need to stop moving if we're ever going to get your hair re-dyed. Now hold still. Unless you want purple eyebrows."

I looked at my reflection in the mirror of our dorm room. My hair was matted to my head with purple dye everywhere. I took note of how Hyunseung had made sure not to get any dye on my face, but had messed up and got some on my shirt. Hyunseung took another glob of the purple hair dye, running it through a part of my hair that had yet to be coated. I tried my best not to move, but flinched away as he began dying my bangs. Hyunseung raised his hand to smack me again, but decided against it and continued to dye my bangs.

"Now, why did you want to re-dye your hair so suddenly, Junnie?" I felt a shiver go up my spine as he referred to me by the pet-name he had dubbed me.

"No reason in particular." I grumbled, reaching a hand up and patting a tuft of hair that was sticking up at an awkward angle.

---

(The previous day)

"My name is Jung Daehyun, and I think I've just become your worst nightmare."

I felt Kikwang stiffen in my arms, an audible gasp rippling throughout the audience. Doojoon held the boy's face inches from his own, the boy in his grip unflinching under Doojoon's gaze. The music stopped abruptly, the five other boys on stage stopping their dance. The tallest two ran over, one grabbing Doojoon and attempting to pull him off of Daehyun and the other trying to keep Daehyun as calm as possible. I bent over, letting Kikwang onto my back as I ran on stage, standing next to Doojoon who was seething with anger.

"Hey, now everyone just calm down for two seconds." Another one of the boys came over to the gathering. "Daehyun, no need to aggravate someone's who's obviously pissed off already."

"Yah! And who the hell are you?" Doojoon snapped from his position beside me.

"My name's Kim Himchan. That's Bang Yongguk." Himchan pointed to the one who had dragged Doojoon off of Daehyun. "Choi Junhong, but you can call him Zelo." He motioned to the one who had been keeping Daehyun as calm as possible. "Moon Jongup." Himchan nodded to the boy who had been hiding behind Zelo. "And him." Himchan noted the last one who had left the spot he'd been on the stage to stand behing Daehyung. "That's Yoo Youngjae." Himchan explained, each of the boys on the stage muttering hellos to us.

Doojoon merely scoffed, and I let out a sigh, knowing how difficult Doojoon could get at times. "Please excuse my hyung's rudeness." I stated, and Kikwang stuck his hand out to cover Doojoon's mouth. Doojoon began complaining into Kikwang's hand, but I raised my voice loud enough so that his comments were unheard. "My name's Yong Junhyung. This is Lee Kikwang. And the over there's Yoon Doojoon. There must've been a mistake with the scheduling.  We'll take it up with the owner of the club."

"Hey." I turned my head to see Zelo's face centimeters from mine, his eyebrows drawn in a frown over his eyes.

"B-bwoh?!?!" I stuttered, taking a few steps back so that there was distance between us. Zelo reached a hand out to touch the hair that covered my eyes. He examined it for a few seconds before a smile split his face.

"Your roots are showing."

I felt my face turn redder at the comment, swatting his hand away and turning on my heel to storm off the stage. I heard the boys erupt into a chorus of laughter. Doojoon was on my heels as we bent over to grab our guitars. The laughter on stage ceased and I turned to see Daehyun now with a knowing smirk on his face. "Yah, Yoon Doojoon. Tell Yoseob I said hi. I can't wait to see his face again."

---

"Yep. No reason in particular. Sure, Junnie." Hyunseung scoffed, obviously no fooled by my lame attempt at trickery. He brought a brush out and ran it through my hair, evening the purple dye throughout so that there would be no patches without any dye. "All I know," he continued, struggling to get the brush through a tangle in my hair, "is that you came back to the dorm at three in the morning, without any explanation why, and then you woke me up five hours later, a bottle of hair dye in your hand, asking me to help you with it, and now here we are. What am I supposed to think, Junnie? You all of a sudden had this burning desire to dye your hair again. Puh-lease."

Hyunseung reached into the box the hair dye came in and took out the instructions, reading them over once more. "It says here now you have to wait for twenty minutes while the dye sets then you can rinse it out." Hyunseung took the gloves off his hands and threw them in the trash, grabbing the brush and rinsing any excess dye from the brush out into the sink, the water running purple. "Now Junnie." Hyunseung turned the water off and placed the brush on the counter, eyeing me seductively and running a tongue over his teeth. "You don't need help with showering, do you? Because I can help you with that if you want."

"N-n-n-n-no!!" I pratically screamed, grabbing Hyunseung's wrist and dragging him to the door, trying to force him out of the bathroom. I knew my face was redder than the sun. I shouldn't of looked up into Hyunseung's puppy eyes, since the sight of them made my knees turn into jello.

"B-but Junnie..." I saw fresh tears lining Hyunseung's beautiful doe eyes, his bottom lip quivering as he threatened to begin crying. "I just wanted to help... No need to yell at me..." I saw a tear escape his eyes, silent sobs beginning to rack his body.

"I-I'm sorry Hyunseung..." I whispered, feeling guilty about making the older boy cry. "Hyunseung?" I tried again, bending over and placing a hand on his shaking shoulders. "Hyunseung...?" I asked one more time, and heard a giggle escape his lips.

Wait.

A giggle?

I bent over until I saw Hyunseung's face, and realized he wasn't crying at all. No. The bastard was laughing.

"Y-yah!!" I yelled, straigtening up immediately, now Hyunseung laying on the bathroom tile and tears streaming down his face from laughter. He reached a hand up to wipe his eyes, obviously finding my stupidity extremely amusing. He brought a hand to his side, his face growing redder as he continued to laugh. "Yah! Jang Hyunseung! Stop Laughing! This is not funny! Yah! Jang Hyunseung! YAH!" My yelling just made him laugh harder. "Yah!" I reached down and grabbed his wrist, ing him out of the bathroom and closing the door behind me. I could still hear his laughter through the closed door. I sighed, letting myself fall to the bathroom floor, bringing a hand up to my heart.

Why heart? Why do you beat so fast?

[Yoseob POV]

"Seungie~!"

I pounded my fist on Hyunseung's dorm room again, willing the older boy to come out. I'd been standing here for a good five minutes, waiting for Hyunseung to emerge. It was nine in the morning, and we were going to be late for breakfast again if he didn't hurry his prissy up. "Seungie!!" I called again, going to pound on the door only to have the door opened and me pounding on my hyung's chest. "A-ah! Hyunseung!" I said, a little flustered that he'd caught me doing that. "M-mianhe... Hyung... I didn't know if you were asleep a-and..." I let my voice trail off, looking up to see Hyunseung holding back a laugh.

"Seobie. Don't be so sad." Hyunseung said, linking our arms together before dragging me off from his room. "It makes me happy to know my dongsaeng cares so much about me." Hyunseung leaned down and planted a kiss on my cheek. I rolled my eyes at the action, gripping Hyunseung's arm tighter. We stopped in front of Dongwoon's room, and I raised my hand to knock only to be greeted by Dongwoon running outside and slamming the door shut behind him. He looked over, noticing us and throwing his arms around Hyunseung.

"Hyunggg~!!! Kikwang-hyung's scary in the morning... I told him it was time for school, and he glared at me. Now I've been glared at before hyung, but his glare... It sent a million daggers through me! He just glared at me, and growled out something along the lines that he still had a few minutes to sleep, which he did, hyung, but only like five. Then he fell back on his bed and went back to sleep. I tried to wake him up once more, and then he told me to get the hell out, and now I'm here and-"

"Woonie." I placed my hand over Dongwoon's mouth, preventing the younger from talking anymore. He continued to mumble into my hand, his voice animated. "Shhhh..." Dongwoon stopped talking for a moment mid-sentence. I dropped my hand, a small smile finding its way on my face. "You're blabbering again."

"Aish~ Hyung! You should've told me earlier." Dongwoon whined, releasing Hyunseung from his hug and grabbing ahold of Hyunseung's other arm. "Seungie-hyung. Why are your hands purple?" Only then did I notice the puple around Hyunseung's fingers and under his nails.

"Junnie wanted me to dye his hair. No clue why though~" Hyunseung replied in a sing-song voice, dropping our arms and skipping off ahead of us. "Ppalli! We won't get any food if your guys continue being so slow." Hyunseung ran off ahead of us then, laughing as he did so. Dongwoon and I shared an eye roll, before chasing after our hyung.

---

Hyunseung sat at our table when Dongwoon and I finally arrived. He'd gotten us all a tray of food, and was precariously picking out the chocolate chips from a chocolate chip muffin. I groaned as I sat in the seat across from him, pushing his hand down and shaking my head sadly at him. "Hyung, why would you get a chocolate chip muffin if you didn't want the chocolate chips in it?" I asked, Hyunseung pouting at me and placing the muffin on the table, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked at me.

"I wanted chocolate chips in it when I got it, Seobie. Don't you trust your Hyung?" Hyunseung huffed, grabbing the muffin once again and taking a big bite out of it. "And now I want the chocolate chips in it again." He claimed through a mouthful of food. I chuckled at my hyung's childishness, grabbing a banana from the tray of food and peeling it. I rose my eyes to scan the cafeteria, noticing Doojoon, Kikwang, and a newly purple-haired Junhyung entering. Doojoon's gaze met mine for the briefest of seconds. I went to raise my hand in acknowledgement, but he walked away without a second glance.

Did that night really mean nothing to you, Doojoon?

I sighed, dropping my head to the table and looking at my hand in disdain. I felt a hand go through my hair, looking up to see Hyunseung looking at me with concern, his muffin forgotten on his tray.

"You feeling alright Seobie?" He asked, brushing my bangs away from my face. I opened my mouth to reply, but was stopped by a voice coming from behind me.

"If he was feeling alright now, he won't be later."

Hyunseung's hand dropped immediately and Dongwoon's eyes narrowed, the younger getting closer to me and his arm slouching over my shoulders. I stiffened, recognizing the voice and mentally slapping myself for not listening to Hyunseung earlier when he had always told me not to be an to people. Why didn't I listen to him? Why didn't I realize that what comes around always goes around. I straightened my back, turning around and coming face to face with the two people I'd deemed unworthy of my time before.

"Daehyun."

"Yoseob."

"What are you doing here, Daehyun? Finally learn how to hit a note for longer than a millisecond?" I sneered, not wanting to talk to the boy.

"I already knew how to do that, Yoseob. I just hope you haven't gotten cocky since the last time I saw you. I also hope you don't have any dreams of becoming famous, since that won't happen any time soon." He retorted, his lip raising in a sneer as well.

The events that followed seemed to happen in slow-motion. Daehyun grabbed his milk from his tray and spilled the contents of the tray over me, pouring the milk on top. Hyunseung let out an audible gasp, and Dongwoon sitting next to me smashed his oatmeal onto Daehyun's face, the bowl it once occupied falling to the floor. Youngjae, who'd been standing behind Daehyun the entire time lifted his tray up to pour it on Dongwoon but Hyunseung had jumped over the table and protected Dongwoon from the contents. Hyunseung got the last laugh though, slamming his not-so-chocolate chip muffin on Youngjae's face. I swept a gaze around the room, noticing Doojoon's attention on us, his expression unreadable. A chorus of "ooohs" went throughout the cafeteria as I turned to face Daehyun once more, sparks of hatred and words unspoken moving between us.

As many people say, the metaphorical gauntlent has been thrown down.

=============================

Ahhhh~ Finally was able to get this chapter up~

Sorry if its a bit slow, but I'll try to make the next chapter better~

More comments = faster updates ^^ Since I'm very lazy, your comments motivate me~

Thank you for reading, and remember to suscribe~

Wonderful poster by Playful Graphics~!