Chapter 8

The Rose and its Thorns

[Junhyung POV]

 

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. This was not happening. This was not happening. Hyunseung wasn’t standing in front of me looking extremely y and putting eyeliner on me. He wasn’t doing this right now. We weren’t going out to a club right now. We were just playing dress up. Yea, that’s it. We were just playing dress up and this was all just a horrible dream that I was bound to wake up out of if I closed my eyes and counted to three. Yea, let’s do that Junhyung. Let’s just close our eyes and count to three. When I open my eyes, this will all be just a dream. One… Two… Three…

 

.

 

This isn’t a dream.

 

This is legitimately happening.

 

I, Yong Junhyung, am going clubbing with the one man who makes me more ually frustrated than a teenage boy. My life. I tried to ignore Hyunseung as he leaned in closer to line my bottom lid, his hands precise as he moved them skillfully over my bottom eyelid. He pulled it down and lined the water-line as well, and then put some cover-up on my face. He walked over to my drawer, handing me an outfit and motioning for me to change. I scurried into the bathroom, and exited moments later. Hyunseung nodded in approval, before linking his arm with mine and bumping hips.

 

“Ready to go clubbing, babe?” Holy . He just called me babe. But he calls everyone babe. I’ve heard him call Yoseob and Dongwoon babe multiple times. But he called me babe.

 

Holy . I feel like a little kid who just got the newest toy on Christmas.

 

I nodded numbly, making Hyunseung laugh at my inability to speak at the current moment. He dragged me by the arm out of our dorm and into his car, shoving me into the passenger’s seat as I fumbled with the seatbelt, finally managing to secure it tightly. He jumped in behind the wheel and put the roof down as he started the car. He pulled out of the parking lot, and speeded off into the distance. Letting out a whoop of joy, Hyunseung pressed play on the CD player and Shania Twain’s “Man! I feel like a Woman” started pounding through the speakers.

 

Why the crap does Hyunseung have this song?

 

“I’m going out tonight. I’m feeling alright. Gonna let it all hang out~!” Hyunseung belted at the top of his lungs, and my eyes widened in surprise as the extremely gay man sitting next to me sang along to the song at the top of his lungs. God, Hyunseung. Why are you so perfect?

 

Wait. Did I just seriously think that?

 

“Wanna make some noise--really raise my voice Yeah, I wanna scream and shout~! No inhibitions--make no conditions. Get a little outta line~ I ain't gonna act politically correct. I only wanna have a good time!” Hyunseung continued the song into the chorus. I watched him, the clench in my stomach loosening and a small smile creeping onto my face. I smiled as I began to sing along with Hyunseung. He turned his head to me, his smile widening even more if that was possible.

 

What could one night of letting go hurt?

 

 Hyunseung and I laughed the rest of the way through the song, and then Hyunseung plugged in his iPod, putting on “Good Boy” by Baek Ji Young featuring Daniel(I know Junhyung was actually in the song, but Daniel promoted with her ^^). “Let the dogs out.” The song began, and Hyunseung immediately sang along to Jiyoung’s part, his voice in tune with hers. He drove the car with one hand, dancing with the other as he sang along. Before I knew what was happening, Daniel’s part came up and I automatically began singing along with it.

 

“I hate this love game.  I treat you like a queen. Keunde neon waeh nae juwini dwaeh-nni. Hangsang neoneun dwehko nan andweh. Nal milligo neon mil-giman hae.” I started to rap along to Daniel’s part, and Hyunseung looked at me, his jaw dropping as I continued on with Daniel’s part. He stopped the song mid-way, and I immediately felt a flush come on my cheeks. “I-I was really bad… Right? That’s why you stopped it, isn’t it… I-I’m sorry…” I managed to stutter out, shame filling my cheeks. Hyunseung immediately pulled over, and I felt myself thrown against the seatbelt, it restraining me from flying out of the car. I felt two strong hands grab my cheeks and my head was turned to face Hyunseung, whose beautiful doe eyes were bright with and a small smile tugged at his lips. His faces was just inches away from mine, and if he wasn’t holding my face so tightly, I would’ve swooned.

 

“Juhyung-ah… You were absolutely amazing. Why haven’t you ever considered becoming a rapper? You were just as good, if not better, than Daniel was at rapping. Bro, you have to stop hiding behind you bass. You really have a future as a rapper, Junhyung-ah! I’m being completely serious and honest when I say this!” Then he did something I never would’ve expected. He planted his lips on mine, only for a brief second before pulling away and smiling like an idiot. “Now don’t fall for me, babe.”

 

He turned back to face the road and started the car up again, and “Paradise” by T-Max was playing now. I knew that my face was completely red by this time, and that if I opened my mouth to speak, only a jumble of incoherent noises would come out.

 

He kissed me.

 

I think I almost squealed at the thought, and I turned to face opposite Hyunseung, so he couldn’t see the goofy grin that had found its way onto my face. I giggled like a little schoolgirl to myself, and I swear that Hyunseung scoffed at my giggle. That made a scowl find its way onto my face as I turned to face him, hitting him lightly on the shoulder. “Y-Y-Yah!” . I’m stuttering. “D-Do you t-think that any s-s-sane person w-w-would be normal after s-someone k-k-k-k…” I couldn’t finish the word, and I knew that by now my face was redder than a ripe tomato and that my mouth kept opening and closing trying to form the word.

 

“Kissed?” Hyunseung let out a laugh as he said the word. “Oh, sweetie. I kiss everyone. Seobie and Woonie are my main victims though. Be proud, hun. You’ve just joined the ranks.” He continued to laugh, and I felt my face grow even redder if that was possible. I didn’t care if he did this to everyone. What mattered was that he did it to to me. I couldn’t help but be happy by that.

 

But wait.

 

Why was I happy?

 

I was not gay for Hyunseung. I wasn’t. Right?

 

We pulled up to the club and Hyunseung grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the car with him and to the front of the line. “Yah.” I whispered to him, pulling him to the end of the line. “We can’t just cut in front of everyone.” He planted his feet and I wasn’t able to pull him any farther.

 

“Why not?” He asked, his big doe eyes feigning innocence. “My dad owns this place.”

 

I mentally facepalmed myself and allowed Hyunseung to drag me once again to the front of the line. The bouncer let us in without a second glance and Hyunseung dragged me inside. The pounding of bass beats immediately assaulted my ears as Hyunseung weaved in-between couples making-out until we reached the bar. Hyunseung plopped down on a stool, pulling me down to sit next to him. The bartender walked over to us and gave Hyunseung a kiss on the cheek.

 

“You’re looking down babe.” He said with a pout on his face.

 

“Sorry Jokwon. It’s been a long day.” Hyunseung said with a smile, immediately straightening up and returning the kiss to Jokwon.

 

“And who’s this?” Jokwon motioned his head to me, and Hyunseung’s face immediately brightened up as he grabbed onto my hand, holding it out to Jokwon.

 

“This is Yong Junhyung.” He proclaimed, and Jokwon took my hand in his, a smile on his face.

 

“Pleasure.” He practically purred out his hand tightening around mine. He dropped my hand and turned back to Hyunseung, running a hand through his hair. “Seungie. You’re gonna dance tonight, right?” He asked with concern, and Hyunseung bobbed his head up and down.

 

“Mmm. Take good care of Junhyung, ne?” Hyunseung then skipped onto the dance floor, leaving me alone with Jokwon. He grabbed a glass and a towel, beginning to clean it. I watched as Hyunseung merged into the crowd of people, everyone recognizing him immediately. I should have never continued to watch him as he danced. But damn, did he dance. His body rolls, his hip s, they way his chest popped, the sensual hand movements he made to whoever was around him, his complicated feet movements, his turns. Him

 

“You like him, don’t you?” Jokwon’s voice startled me out of my daze and I turned to face him, a knowing smile playing on his face. “Don’t fall for him too hard now, Junnie. Hyunseung… He’s different. In his heart, there’s only room for Yoseob and Dongwoon. He’s practically raised them both. But around you, he seems a little bit different, y’know? He’s more relaxed around you. He doesn’t feel like he has to take care of you. So if he does let you in his heart, Junnie, you better not break it. Or I’ll break you. Understand?” I nodded to Jokwon, not wanting to piss him off.

 

Did I like Hyunseung? Yes, I felt different around him. I felt more around him than I’ve ever felt around Doojoon or Kikwang. But love? I didn’t know. That smile that reached his doe eyes whenever he laughed, the gentle curve of his body while he slept, the way that he looked at Yoseob and Dongwoon with such a motherly-love. Did I like Jang Hyunseung? Did I, Yong Junhyung, have a crush on Jang Hyunseung?

 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard the song change. Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. It was “Troublemaker” by HyunA and JS. And, of course, everyone was grabbing for Hyunseung. No. I would not go out there and dance with Hyunseung. I would not go out there and dance with Hyunseung. I would not go out there and dance with Hyunseung.

 

Screw it.

 

I’m going out there and dancing with Hyunseung.

 

I pushed off from the stool and began weaving through the throng of people who were crowding Hyunseung. I grabbed onto his wrist, and his face turned to me, a mischevious look playing in his eyes. Was I really going to do this?

 

Yea. I was.

 

I don’t know how it happened, but my body just seemed to know what to do when I was dancing this close to Hyunseung. He took on JS’s role, leaving me to be Hyuna. The . I didn’t care. I saw the shocked faces of everyone around us as we danced, the world falling away leaving it with just the two of us. The chorus of the song started, and I saw a smile on Hyunseung’s face as we danced together. The part of the choreography came up where he took my arm and traced his lips across it, until our faces were less than an inch away. He smiled, and we continued on with the dance, the entire club turning to look at us now. The song ended and Hyunseung threw his arms around me, his mouth close to my ear. “See? Even an ahjusshi can dance, babe.” He whispered, and a shiver went through my spine.

 

His hand clasped my wrist as he dragged me off the dance floor to where Jokwon stood, his mouth hanging open.

 

“Kwonnie. Baby. You’re gonna catch flies.” Hyunseung scolded, pushing his mouth closed and Jokwon shook his head, getting himself out of his trance.

 

“Junnie. Why have you never come here before? Your moves got moves, hun.” Jokwon said, grabbing onto my free hand with his. “You have  to come here whenever Seungie comes. Alright? Promise.” He linked our pinky fingers and I nodded numbly. We bid our farewells and Hyunseung and I exited the club and back into his car. The drive home seemed to be too short, and we were back at school before I knew it. We walked in silence to our dorm room, and Hyunseung immediately collapsed on his bed. When I was sure he was asleep, I got underneath my covers and looked over to his sleeping form.

 

“Thank you for tonight, Hyunseung. I had fun.”

 

[Hyunseung POV]

 

“Thank you for tonight, Hyunseung. I had fun.”

 

I felt a smile make its way onto my face as Junhyung said those words. I knew he thought I was asleep right then, and I should act like I didn’t hear them.

 

But I couldn’t.

 

I turned around, seeing Junhyung already fallen asleep. The gentle moonlight shone in through the window, illuminating Junhyung’s figure. His purple hair brushed over his forehead, and his eyebrows were drawn into a frown. Was he having a bad dream? I hoped not. I slowly got to my fit, walking over to the sleeping boy and sitting down next to him. I reached a hand out, hesitating for a moment. I finally brushed his hair away from his forehead, leaning down and placing my lips onto it. “Mianhe, Junhyung-ah… I lied. I don’t kiss everyone.” I whispered into his forehead, pulling away and returning to under my sheets.

 

I laid my head on the pillow, and allowed the beautiful thing called sleep overtake me.

 

============================

 

Next chapter will be Kiwoon, so please anticipate it~!

 

I’ll try and have it up by tomorrow, or next week. ^^

 

Thank you all for reading~!