Chapter 2

Monster

A/N: Since I see that there are some readers who are interested in reading the story. I will continue to post the story in this site as well. I hope you enjoy reading the chapter. ^^

*********************************

Chapter 2

“Oh my god sun!” Junsu squeals as soon as the class was over. “Did you see that hot professor? He is so cute! Omg he’s so MINE. MINE.
 

“Okay, Su. Okay.” Hyukjae hit him lightly in the arm teasingly.
 

“No seriously, he’s MINE.” Junsu warned the others.
 

Changmin paid no attention to any of his friends’ rambling. His mind was occupied by the thoughts of Professor Park. Professor Park who has a baritone addicting voice. Professor Park who has a sweet smile. Professor Park with no monsters crawling on his back. How could that be possible? He has emotions, doesn’t he? Could it be that he’s not human? Then, what is he?
 

“Yo, Minnie!” Donghae finally called him. “Stop spacing out!”
 

“Sorry.” Changmin mumbled carelessly and continued thinking of Professor Park as the four of them headed to the canteen for lunch. The moment he stepped into the room, Changmin almost fainted. The atmosphere was heavy and most students had big monsters of various colors sitting on their shoulders. He stood frozen by the door as his friends proceeded into the room to find an empty table.
 

“You okay?” A voice came from behind him. “You look kind of pale.”
 

“I’m okay.” Changmin gulped and turned around to find Professor Park staring at him in concern. “I’m fine, really, I am.” Changmin added again, although it wasn’t very convincing.
 

“Yeah, you’re kinda pale, Minnie. Did you eat something bad?” Junsu came up next to him out of nowhere with exaggerated concern. “Should we take him to the health center, Professor?”
 

“No, I’m fine, really.” Changmin looked away from the sea of monsters to Yoochun. Even from this close, he couldn’t see any monsters. At first he thought the monster would be too small for him to see, turned out there really wasn’t any. How could that be possible?
 

Still, Yoochun looked like an oasis in a dessert of monsters.
 

“Don’t hesitate to go to the infirmary, okay Jung?” Professor Park smiled and patted Changmin on the shoulder before walking past them into the canteen. Changmin’s eyes followed his figure until it disappeared into the throng of monsters.
 

“Oh my god, lucky you!” Junsu squealed, the green monster on his shoulder getting slightly bigger. “But, are you okay? You really do look pale~”

“I think I’m not hungry, I’ll go find some fresh air, yeah?” Changmin forcibly tear his eyes off Yoochun and turned around. “See you in the next class.”

“You’re not hungry?! Yah! Minnie-yah! You should really go to the infirmary!” Junsu called after him, only to be ignored.
 

It wasn’t until a week later and a thousand ranting phone calls from Junsu about how perfect his man is that Changmin got to meet Park Yoochun in class again. Junsu had somehow managed to compile a lot of informations on the young Professor within days time and had informed Changmin of everything he knew.
 

Yoochun graduated with a perfect score when he was only 19.

 

Yoochun is a musical prodigy.
 

Yoochun has excellent skill in English.
 

Yoochun is gay.
 

Yoochun is too freaking perfect but all those information were no use because it didn’t answer Changmin’s most important question, how could Yoochun have no monster? Changmin had never seen anyone without monster. He had seen people with small monsters because that only mean they have good emotion management. Even if he sees his reflection on the mirror, he could see his monster on his shoulder... but Yoochun... he’s... pure. How is that possible?
 

On Yoochun’s next class, Changmin didn’t complain when Junsu dragged him from their usual seat to move to the front tables, closest to the lecturer. He didn’t mind as well when Junsu ignored him to admire the young man and squealed from time to time for no reason because he, himself, was absorbed by Park Yoochun. The guy is like a riddle Changmin wanted to figure out so bad but has no idea how. The only possible answer is either Yoochun has no heart... or he is not human.

Then what is he?

The question was driving Changmin crazy.

“Professor Park...” Junsu raised his hand for the who knows how many times to ask more questions Changmin didn’t pay attention to. The professor smiled and explained something. Changmin was sure Junsu actually understood but faked confusion to attract Yoochun’s attention.
 

Changmin raised an eyebrow at his friend. “Stop it, you look ridiculous like that.”

“What? It’s called flirting, okay!”

“He surely doesn’t seem interested.” Changmin shrugged.

“Yah! Why are you like this? You should be helping me!” Junsu pouted, the red small monster peaking from his shoulder, grinning widely at Changmin.

“I’m not...” Changmin frowned, a little bit of emotion foreign to him stab his heart. The little red monster on Junsu’s shoulder grinned wider and lifted his hand to point something. Changmin realized it was pointing at him. Was there... a monster on his shoulder?

Changmin freaked out a little but then closed his eyes to take control of his emotion. He can’t let a monster take advantage of him.

“Sorry, Su. I just don’t want you to look bad okay? You’re my friend, and I care about you.”

Junsu smiled. “I know you’re the best friend I’ll ever have, Minnie!”

Changmin smiled back and felt satisfied as he saw the monster pouted and grew smaller.