Chapter 7

Monster

Chapter 7

 

“W-work with you?” Changmin begins to stutter. “W-what do you mean? I cannot work with you. You are a professor, and I’m just a student. How can I work with you?”

 

Yoochun mentally hit himself on the forehead. “I think you have misunderstood me. What I meant is to work with me outside of school.”

 

Changmin looks at his professor in confusion. “What do you mean? I don’t understand.”

 

“Work with me on my part-time job.” Yoochun try to use his words wisely.

 

“You have a part-time job?” Changmin’s reaction was not how Yoochun pictured it.

 

“Well, yeah... doesn’t everyone have a part-time job in the educational field?” He asks the student.

 

“Well... not everyone.” Changmin honestly answered. “It just surprises me that you also have one because I thought you’re a full-time professor.”

 

“Well, I’m not.” Yoochun told him the truth. “So... are you going to help me or not?”


“Before I answer to your question, may I ask you one more question?” Changmin asked.


“Shoot.”

 

“What is your part time job?” Changmin asks the older man as he patiently waits for the answer.

 

Yoochun gulps down his saliva, knowing that the student will someday ask the unwanted question. ‘Should I tell him? Will he be scared? How will he react when he knows the truth? Or should I lie to him? What should I do?’ Millions of unanswered question runs through his mind as he doesn’t know what to do.


“Well, are you going to tell me or you’re just going to sit there? Because if that is the case, I will take my leave and my answer would be no.” Changmin says.

 

Yoochun opens his mouth to protest. However, nothing came out from his mouth.

 

Changmin gives the older man another chance before he decides that the older man is playing some kind of joke to him. “Look, Professor Park. I am not in the mood to play one of your sick games. My friends are waiting for me, and I AM STARVING!” He emphasizes the last sentences to the older man.

 

“Okay.” The older man said. “If I tell you, promise me you won’t freak out.”

 

“Okay, I promise.” Changmin immediately replies back, without knowing what he will hear. “May I know what is your job is now?”

 

“I slay parasites during the night.” Yoochun says.

 

Changmin’s reaction was unexpected. He has a huge smile on his face. “I KNEW IT!” Then he paused after a while. “That totally explains why you don’t have those scary things on you!!”

 

“Scary things?” Yoochun asks. “Oh... You mean the parasites.”

 

Changmin nods his head. “Yeah, those.” Then he paused after thinking for a while. “Are you really human?” He questioned the older man’s identity. “I remember reading somewhere that if the person does not have scary things on them... they either can control their emotions but still visible if we look closely or not human at all.”

 

Yoochun knew that the younger man will question his identity someday. However, he did not expect the younger man to ask him at this moment. “Uh...”

 

“Are you an angel?” Changmin did not give the older man a chance to respond as he bombarded him with questions. “Or are you a devil?”

 

Yoochun opens his mouth as he wants to answer the curious student’s question. However, he could not let a single out of his mouth because the student did not pause for him to answer.

 

“Or are you like spiderman? Batman? Superman?” Changmin keeps on asking. “Wait... Those heroes are human.” Changmin paused for a few seconds before asking, “What the hell are you?”

 

Yoochun takes a deep breath and exhale. Then he said, “JUNG CHANGMIN, SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK FOR ONCE!”

 

Immediately, the student becomes silent and listens to what the professor has to say.

 

“For one thing, you are correct.” Yoochun slowly explains to the student, hoping that he won’t come off to strong to scare the poor human. “I am not human.”

 

“I KNEW IT!” Changmin cheered to himself once again. “Then what are you?”

 

“You are correct that I am an angel.” Yoochun slowly reveals his identity.

 

“But...?” Changmin asks as he has a feeling that the older man has not finish revealing his true identity.

 

“I am not the typical angel you think I am.” Yoochun continues to explain. “I am what you call a dark angel.”

 

“So, you came from hell?” Changmin asks.

 

“No, I live up there too.” Yoochun says. “I am not just white as you all imagine all angels to be. I am the opposite.”

 

“So, you’re black.” Changmin concluded.

 

“Yes, I am black, which I got the name Black Angel.” Yoochun says.

 

“Are you the only one?” Changmin asks.

 

Yoochun shakes his head. “No, there are others. However, we each have different jobs.”

 

“What are your jobs?” Changmin asks.

 

“Well, like I said earlier, I slayer the parasites that live within the human’s emotions.” He explains. “We all are assigned to different location to execute the parasites when it gets out of hand.”

 

“How would you know if it gets out of hand?” Changmin asks.

 

“I have a boss...” Yoochun paused. “Well, more like an idiot, lazy lord.” He mumbles to himself.

 

Changmin did not say anything as he is engaged with the story that the older man is telling him.

 

“Anyways, the boss can sense the danger of the parasites.” He continues.

 

“How?”

 

“He has this power that can track down every parasites on Earth.” Yoochun explains. “If he senses an danger parasite, he will order us to execute them.”

 

“I see...” Changmin nods his head as he understands the situation. “May I ask you something?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Why did you become a professor if you are not... you know... human?”

 

“Being a professor is my undercover.” Yoochun explains. “When the dark angels are sent out for a mission, we need to disguise ourselves. Therefore, our identity would not reveal to others.”

 

“Then why are you telling me all of this?”

 

“Because I am curious about you.” Yoochun simply says. “I want to know how can you see the parasites when others can’t.”

 

“That is something I want to know too.” Changmin says. “I started seeing those scary things ever since I can see the daylight.”

 

Yoochun whistles. “Wow... That long.”

 

Changmin nods his head. “Yeah, and I am the only one in my family who can see them. My own parents think I am insane when I told them about it.”

 

“Who are your parents?” Yoochun asks, trying to figure out what caused this young student to see things like he does.

 

“My father name is Jung Yunho...” Changmin pauses. He does not know if he should reveal who his mother is. He doesn’t know how would the older man thinks about his mother being a man and not a woman.

 

“And your mother?” The older man asks, not sure why didn’t the student reveal who his mother is.

 

“Uh... M-my m-mother name is...” Changmin hesitated. “My mother name is...”

 

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNG

 

The school’s bell rings indicating that lunch time is over.

 

“Awe man!” Changmin whines. “I didn’t have my lunch yet.” He pouts as he realized that he spent his entire lunch time with the professor.

 

Yoochun heaves a sigh as he curses the school’s bell. ‘! I was almost close to find out who his mother is. Why oh why, do you have to end the time now? Can’t you wait a little bit longer?’

 

“Well, bye, Professor Park.” Changmin quickly gets up from his seat as he hold onto his school’s bag. “I need to go to my next class before Mr. Mun gets angry.”

 

“What’s your next class?” The professor asks.

 

“Physical Education.” Changmin replied excitedly. “We are playing basketball.”

 

“Okay, you’re dismissed.” Yoochun sighs. “We’ll continue this conversation after school.”

 

“A-after school?” Changmin asks.

 

“Is there a problem, Mr. Jung?”

 

Changmin gulps and shakes his head. “No, sir.”

 

“Good.” The older man smiles. “I’ll be waiting for you in my office.”


Changmin slightly nods his head and quickly walks out of the office. ‘How can I get my out of this situation now?’ He thought to himself.