Chapter 4

Monster

Chapter 4

 

“Minnie, do you have any plans for the weekend?” His mother asked him.

 

“Why?” Changmin shoved a spoonful of rice into his mouth after asking his mother.

“If you don’t have any plans for this weekend, I want to us to have a family day.” Jaejoong replied.

“Well, then I DO have plans.” Changmin lied to his mother.

“LIAR!” Jaejoong shouted at his son. “Why don’t you want to have a family day?”
 

“Remember the last time we have one.” Changmin tried to bring the old memories back. “Appa got so angry that he embarrassed me in PUBLIC.”
 

“But that was when you were eight!” Jaejoong mentally slapped his forehead. “He was protecting you too.”
 

“I don’t care.” Changmin rolled his eyes. “I still do NOT want another family day with him.”
 

“Fine, how about just the two of us.” Jaejoong suggested.
 

“What kind of plans do you have in mind?” Changmin asked his mother, wondering if he should accept the offer or not.
 

“Lotte World.” That was all his mother said.

 

Changmin burst his water he was drinking over the table as soon as he heard the word Lotte World. Then he turned at his mother as if he was crazy. “Yah, how old do you think I am?”
 

“Yah, how dare you speak to your mother like that!” Jaejoong glared at his ungrateful son for his rude behavior. “What is so wrong about Lotte World?”
 

“Umma, if you haven’t notice I am not a little boy anymore. I am a grown man for heaven’s sake.”
 

“So?” Jaejoong did not care if he is a little boy or a grown man at all. “You’re still my little boy no matter what.”
 

“UMMA!” Changmin wanted to protest on going to Lotte World with his mother. “Ah... I have a suggestion. Take appa instead.” He grinned. “You two go to Lotte World together and have a getaway from me.”
 

“But I want to spend time with you, not him.” Jaejoong pouted. “My own baby doesn’t love me anymore.”
 

“Umma, stop being a drama queen.” Changmin rolled his eyes. “Besides, why do you want to hang out with me so badly?”
 

“Is it a crime for mothers to hang out with their son?” Jaejoong answered his question with another question.
 

When the mother and son were arguing about their family day, the father decided to enter the kitchen to grab a drink.
 

“What is going on here?” Yunho asked them.
 

“Umma wants to plan another family day.” Changmin carelessly explained.
 

“WHAT!” Yunho shouts. “Why?” He looked at his wife for an answer.
 

“Yeobo, don’t you think it is good to spend time with our son once in awhile?” Jaejoong asked his husband.
 

“Yeah, but don’t we already spend enough time with him?”
 

“I don’t count eating meals or staying in one roof as spending time with our son.” Jaejoong explained to them. “We always eat our meals together. However, we don’t talk to each other. We all live together. However, we don’t have this bond that other people have.”
 

A monster began to appear behind him as he thinks about other families and compares it to his. Changmin noticed the purple with pointy teeth, clinging onto his mother’s back. He quickly ate his meal as he kept staring at the ugly monster.
 

“Whoa, slow down, boy.” Yunho noticed the change of his son’s behavior. “Slow down. No one is going to steal your food.”
 

Changmin swallowed his food and nods his head. As he focus his attention on his father at the moment. “Umma, tell me why do you want us to spend so much time together?” Hoping that if he know the answer, he can help his mother calm down and make the ugly monster disappear.
 

The monster keeps on growing as it eats his mother negative emotions. This scares Changmin to death because the monster is getting bigger and bigger as the clock ticks.
 

“I just hate it when the Kim’s brag about their family bonding. Therefore, I just want to show him that we can also have family bondings too.”
 

“Are you talking about Auntie Chullie?”
 

“Yes, who else can I be talking about?” His mother sighed.
 

“Well, there is Kim Hyunjoong, Kim Junsu, Kim Kibum, and the list goes on.” Changmin pointed out that there are a lot of people with the surname Kim.
 

“Well, Kim Hyunjoong doesn’t have a family, does he?” His mother asked.
 

Changmin shook his head. “No.”
 

“So, it can’t be him.” Jaejoong concluded. “As for Kim Junsu, he is your friend! Why would I talk about your friend?”

 

Changmin did not say a word when he saw another monster appear behind his mother. This time, the monster is red and big. ‘Uh-oh, I made umma mad.’ He thought to himself as he is scared to say another word.
 

“Honey, calm down.” Yunho realized that his wife was getting mad at his poor son for no reason. “Min is just trying to help you. Don’t let your emotions overpower you.” Then he pecked his wife’s delicious lips.
 

With the kiss that his father planted on his mother’s lips, the two monsters became small in an instant.
 

Changmin heaved a sigh in relief. ‘Thank god, appa is here to save me.’ However, he didn’t like the scene, so he pretended to cough and said, “Go get a room. Can’t you see someone is trying to eat here?”
 

Yunho smirked at his son. “Sure, you don’t mind if we do leave, don’t you.” Then another monster appears behind his father. It was pink.
 

“Ewe...” Changmin made a disgusted expression. “Yes, yes, just get away from me.” Changmin moved far away from his father as he tried to make space from them.
 

Yunho grabbed his wife’s hand and dragged him into their bedroom.
 

“Gosh, I think I made the wrong choice.” Changmin mentally slapped his forehead. “Now I cannot enjoy my meal peacefully.” Then he sighed for the millionth time. “I just lost my appetite for the first time.” He could not finish his meal as soon as he heard bangs and moans from his parents’ bedroom. “Okay, I am out of here! I cannot stay here any longer!” Changmin rushed out the house as he just wanted to be far away from his house at the moment.
 

Walking along the neighborhoods, Changmin tried to focus his attention on something else beside the monsters that clings onto his neighbors. He kept his head down on the pavement as he walked, kicking pebbles and leaves. It gets annoying when he has to stay inside the house and his parents got all sickeningly lovey dovey, but he hated going out as well.
 

How hard it is to be one Jung Changmin.
 

Still looking at the pavement while contemplating the idea of going to the library, Changmin bumped into someone. “S-sorry!” he immediately said and looked up. It was Professor Park.
 

“Ah, it’s okay. Changmin, right?” Yoochun smiled, and Changmin’s heart skipped a beat.
 

What the hell? Changmin frowned at himself.
 

“Heading somewhere?” The older man asked.
 

“The library, Professor. I want to get some homework done.”
 

“Mind if I come with you?”
 

“Eh?” Changmin swallowed, Professor Park is coming with me? “Sure...I guess?”


“Let’s go then.” Yoochun smiled, and Changmin could only follow.