Chapter 9: Part 3

Monster

Chapter 9: Part 3

“Please call upon Lord Kim Dongwan to the court.” The orders from the King of Heaven has been made.

The huge double doors open and came in a young black angel flying into the room. “Your highness, you summon for me?”

“Yes, Lord Kim Dongwan. You are given a mission to protect a human from any form of danger.”

“Yes, your highness.” Kim Dongwan bows down to the King of Heaven. Then he flew out of the room and gets ready for his big mission.

The scene changes in front of the angels’ eyes. The images that they are able to see seems to be a place where the humans live.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” The black angel enters scene.

“Piss off.” The group of young men surrounded the young woman.

“Well, I guess you give me no choice but to kill you all.” The angel announced.

“Oh look it here.” The leader of the gang snickers. “Someone is trying to be a hero.”

 

“Boss, lets fight him off at once.” The follower suggested.

“Patience, Joe.” The boss ordered. “Let’s see what he got.”

Dongwan smirks. “Great. I am interested on how you can fight me off too.” He accepts the challenge. It is not like everyday where he has a challenge with a human. Therefore, he doesn’t mind making this one a little fun.

The gang grabs their weapon as they position themselves to fight the non-human being.

“Nu-uh uh, I have a better idea.” Dongwan wiggles his index finger. “We’ll fight with our bodies. Fist to fist. Leg to leg. What do you say?”

The leader smirks. “I like the way you think. Sure, we’ll use bodies instead of weapons.”

Dongwan gestures for the gang to come forward. “Come.”

However, the gangsters did not launch forward. Instead, they walk around the angel.

Dongwan lets out a yawn as he is becoming bored. “Are you going to fight or just walk around me?”

Without giving him an answer, a buff man launches forward with his fist in front of him.

Dongwan smoothly dodges that punch perfectly and aimed his fist on the man’s abdominal with a powerful, extraordinary strength.

The man cried in pain as he spits out blood from his mouth. “Ow...”

“Next.” Dongwan scans through the group of gangsters.

Thinking that Dongwan isn’t focusing on him, another man approaches him with a flying kick. However, Dongwan blocks the kick with his left leg, and then he turns and kicks his attacker with a upper kick on the stomach using the same strength as the previous one.

 

“Boy, that was easy.” Dongwan straightens his pose. “Is that all you got?”
 

“Let me handle him.” The leader is already pissed since two of his best men are down with just a single hit. “I’ll show this cocky dude what the Black Cobra are made off.”
 

“Stop talking and start fighting, then.” Dongwan rolls his eyes. “Calling me cocky. Chi...” He mutters to himself as he spits on the ground.
 

“You make the first move first.” The leader signals the angel.

 

Dongwan shrugs his shoulders and approaches the leader with a punch. However, to Dongwan’s luck, the leader slightly dodges the punch and knees him on the stomach.
 

“Take that .” The leader cheers as he was able to harm the man.
 

Dongwan smirks. “Not bad for a leader.” Then he regains his strength and continues to fight the leader. ‘This will be an interesting fight.’ He thought to himself as he sends punches and kicks to the leader. However, the leader dodges some and some he couldn’t.
 

The fight lasted about an hour or so before the leader pauses for a break.
 

“Who are you?” The leader pants for air.
 

“Kim Dongwan.” The angel replied as he stands in his position like he was before. He was not exhausted like the leader is. However, he is a little worn out since this is the first time that he used so much energy and strength during a fight.
 

“What gang member are you from?” The leader continues.

 

“None.”
 

“Liar!” The Black Cobra’s members accused. “No ordinary human-being can fight as good as you are.”
 

“GUYS!” The leader raised his arm in the air. “If the man doesn’t want to tell his identity, then we just let him be.”
 

“Boss.”
 

“I said let him be.” The leader glares at them.
 

“Yes, boss.”
 

“Well, it was a nice fight.” The leader turns to face the angel. “We’ll call this truce.”
 

“Before you go, will you promise me to not harm this girl again?” Dongwan points to the young woman by the wall. “Oh, not just this girl, I also meant any girl in this country.”
 

The leader just walks away, waving at the angel.
 

“I’ll take that as a yes!” Dongwan shouts back.
 

The rest of the Black Cobra follows their leader.
 

Dongwan turns to face the young woman. “C’mon, I’ll take you home.”
 

The young woman backs away from him. “Go away.”
 

“What?” Dongwan is shock by her respond. “I just saved your back there.”
 

“Well, I didn’t ask for your help.” She snaps back, holding onto her clothes tightly.
 

“Look, I am not here to harm you.” He told her. “I just saved your . Doesn’t that tell you anything?”
 

“No, for all I know, you can be a jerk.” She says.
 

“I am not who you think I am.”
 

“Chi... That’s what everybody says.”
 

“What can I do to make you believe me?” He asks.
 

“Nothing.” She snaps back. “Just go away.”
 

“Ah!” Dongwan snaps his fingers. “I know.”
 

The young woman just looks at him strangely.
 

“If I show you something, promise me you won’t freak out, okay?” He asks.
 

No response from the young woman since she thinks that he is crazy already.
 

Dongwan closes his eyes and turns around in a 360 degrees angle. His attire changed to black and his black wings spread wide open as he transforms to a black angel. The black wings that are attached to his backbone, flaps in a slow motion. Then the angel opens his eyes. His eyes color are golden brown, which ordinary people calls it hazel.
 

The young woman gasps as she cannot believe what she is seeing in front of her eyes.
 

“So...” Dongwan turns around. “What do you think?”
 

“Y-you’re an angel.”
 

“Well, a black angel to be precise.” Dongwan smiles at the young woman.

 

The young woman unconsciously smiles back.
 

“Your name is Song Mi-Rin, am I correct?”
 

The young woman just nods her head as she stares at the handsome angel.
 

“My name is Kim Dongwan.” He introduces himself to her.
 

However, the human is not listening to a single word that he is saying. She just stares at him with this love-struck expression.
 

“We should go home now.” Dongwan finally says as he grabs onto her hand.
 

“W-what?” She snaps out of her daydream when she could not see the angel appearance but an ordinary human. “Why are you holding onto my hand? Let go of me!” She snaps at him as she swings her hand away from his grip.
 

“I said that we should go home now.” Dongwan repeats himself.
 

“We?” She asks.
 

“Yeah, didn’t you hear anything I just said earlier?” He asks.
 

“O-of course, I did.”
 

“Then what did I just say?” He crosses his arms around his chest as he does not believe a single word the young woman said.
 

“That you are a black angel.”
 

“Yeah, and?”
 

“Your name is Kim Dongwan.”

 

“And...?”
 

“That you are going home now.”
 

“And...?”
 

“That’s it.”
 

“No, there’s more.”
 

“No, there isn’t.”
 

“Yes, there is.”
 

“No, there isn’t.”
 

“Yes, there is.”
 

“Then tell me what did I miss?”
 

“I am going to live with you until my mission is over.”
 

“Mission?” She asks. “What mission?”
 

“Case close.” Dongwan declared. “I have won this battle.”
 

“What?”
 

“You just asked me what mission.” He points it out.
 

“And...?”
 

“That just tell me that you were not paying attention to what I have said earlier.”

 

“No, it doesn’t.”
 

“Yes, it does.”
 

“No, it doesn’t.”
 

“Yes, it does.”
 

“No, it doesn’t.”
 

“Yes, it does because if you were paying attention to me, you would have known what my mission is.”
 

“Fine...” Mi-Rin crosses her arms over her chest and pouts. “But, you can’t stay with me.”
 

“Why?” He asks. “Are you living with your boyfriend? I can pretend to be your brother.”
 

“No, I don’t have a boyfriend.”
 

“Then why can’t I live with you?”
 

“I’m living with my mom and stepdad.” She explains.
 

“So, you can just tell them that I’m a friend of yours who just moved from the states and doesn’t have a place to stay in for the time being.” He shrugs his shoulders like it is a simple situation.
 

“I cannot say that.”
 

“And why not?”
 

“First of, I am a girl.” She says. “And you are a man.”
 

“So...?”
 

“Secondly, I live in an apartment.” She continues.
 

“I don’t care if it is small.” He says. “I don’t take much room.”
 

“Thirdly, it is just a TWO bedroom apartment.”
 

“Oh...” Dongwan realizes where she is getting at. “I’ll stay in the living room.”
 

“It gets cold at night.”
 

“I’ll survive.”
 

“Why don’t you just stay in a hotel?” She asks.
 

“Would have, but got no money.” He said. “So, can’t I just stay?”
 

Mi-Rin heaves a sigh and says, “I’ll try and see what I can do.”
 

-3 months later-

 

It has been three months since the black angel lived with the human, each time that he spent time with the human, he began to fall in love with her.
 

“Wannie, can you transform to the angel?” Mi-Rin asks.
 

It was late at night, walking by the cold breeze of Han River. They love to go for a walk at the river every night. It has became their routine before they head to bed.
 

“Why?” He asks.
 

“I love staring at your hazel eyes. They are so beautiful.” She blushes as she states her reason.
 

Dongwan gives her a huge smile and immediately transform into the dark angel.
 

“Wannie, may I ask how long are you staying here?” Mi-Rin asks him. She has also fell in love with him as the time passes by between them.
 

“I’m not sure.” He honestly told her. “I might be going back anytime soon now since you are safe and sound. Once the words get pass through the King of Heaven, he will summon me back to Heaven.”
 

“So, you are saying that in order for you to stay here longer, I need to be in danger.”
 

Dongwan nods his head. “My mission is to keep you out of danger after all.”
 

“What happens if you cannot accomplish this mission?” Mi-Rin asks in curiosity.
 

“I’m not sure, but for sure, I will be punish.” Dongwan says.
 

Mi-Rin nods her head. “Wannie...”
 

“Hmm...”
 

“No matter what happens to me... or us... please remember that I love you.” She told him.
 

Dongwan lets out a soft chuckle. “Of course, because I love you too.”
 

Their love for each other are mutual. They can feel each other love for one and another. They might not claim themselves as an item but their love for each other is not a lie.
 

Mi-Rin slightly lets out a yawn.
 

Dongwan notices that her eyes are drowsy. He knew the girl is sleepy. Therefore, he carried her in his arms and wrap his wings around her for warmth.
 

“Thank you.” She mumbles and softly drown herself to darkness.
 

“You’re welcome, my love.” Dongwan also closes his eyes as he hums a lullabye for his lover.
 

-A month later-
 

“MI-RIN! NO MI-RIN! WHY, WHY?” Dongwan cried as soon as he saw the knife goes through her stomach. “Why? Why did you do that?”
 

“I did it because I love you.” She mutters.
 

“Stupid, you’re so stupid!” He cried. “Why did you try to save me? Don’t you remember who I am?”
 

She weakly smile and says, “My black angel.”
 

Dongwan cries and nods his head, “Yes, I am your black angel. Now you should not forget that.”
 

“I won’t.” She coughs out blood.
 

“No, please don’t.” He keeps on crying. “Don’t you dare to leave me, do you hear me. You better fight for life.”
 

Mi-Rin just smiles at him as the doctor pushes her to the ER.
 

Dongwan stays outside of the ER and silently prays to the Heaven above.


“KIM DONGWAN, I HAVE SUMMON YOU TO HEAVEN.” A loud roar surround the white four walls.