Chapter 9: Part 2

Monster

Chapter 9: Part 2

 

“Okay, if you guys find anything, please report me your answers, got it?” Yoochun instructs his orders to his followers.

 

“What exactly are we looking for, hyung?” The youngest member of the group asks.
 

“Taemin, didn’t he just explain that awhile ago?” The older man asks. “We are searching for a book, duh.”
 

“No , sherlock.” Another man smacks him on the head with a fried chicken in his hand. “We are in the library for a reason.”
 

“Yah, why do you have to hit me with the chicken for?” The diva cried as he rubs his greasy hair. “Yuck, see what you have done!”
 

“What is this book are you looking for, hyung?” The wise one in the group asks, ignoring the two older members.
 

“See, even Minho hyung asked the question too.” Taemin pointed out to the group.
 

“We are looking for a book about the history of our kind.” Yoochun says. “I’m not sure what kind of books are out here. That’s why I have asked for your help to search.”
 

“Why don’t you just use your powers?” The second oldest in the group asks.

 

“Jonghyun, if I were to be able to use my powers that easily, I wouldn’t have called you for help.” Yoochun points out.
 

“And tell me why can’t you use this power again?” He asks.
 

“How many times do I have to tell you that Lee took half of my powers away as a punishment for not completing this stupid mission of his.”
 

“O-kay.” Jonghyun backs away before the older man can do something terrible to him.
 

An hour later...
 

“I have find something!” The youngest member cried out, carrying a huge book off the shelf.

 

“Good job, Taemin.” Yoochun praised the youngest man.
 

“Hyung, I think I got something too.” Another hollered far off from the back corner of the room.
 

“Well, bring it over, Minho.” Yoochun told him.
 

“Hyung, what about this one?” Another asks. “The title seems to be odd though.”
 

“Just bring whatever you got, Kibum.” He says.
 

“Hyung, don’t call me Kibum.” The diva whines. “I told you to call me Key.”
 

“Okay, hyung. This is what I got so far.” Jonghyun says as he placed a huge stack of books onto the table.
 

“Jonghyun, I think you just bring the entire books from that section of yours.” Yoochun commented.
 

Jonghyun just let a chuckle.

 

“I think this is enough books for now.” Yoochun says. “Now, lets read them.”
 

“What!” Jonghyun’s jaw drops. “We have to read the books that we picked out.”
 

“Exactly.” Yoochun smirks, knowing that his torture is working on the young man.
 

“That is going to take me forever!” Jonghyun cried out in agony.
 

“Well, is it my fault that you took the entire book from your section?” Yoochun asks.
 

Jonghyun didn’t say anything. Instead, he lowers his head as he frowns at the huge stack of books he brought to himself. “Shoot me.”
 

“Bang, bang...” Kibum folds his fingers into a form of gun and pretends to shoot his boyfriend.
 

“Yah!” Jonghyun glares at his boyfriend. “You dare to shoot your lover.”
 

“Lover? What lover?” Kibum pretends to not know what he is talking about.
 

Jonghyun glares at him.
 

“Oh... You mean Onew?” Kibum walks to the leader of the group and hugs him from behind. “Of course, I love Onew.” Then he pecks him on the cheeks, which made Onew blushes.
 

“Yah, this is not the time for you three to have a love quarrel. We have so many things to do.” Yoochun orders. “So, lets get to work. Chop, chop.”
 

“Hyung, you can read this book while I read another one.” Kibum hands him one of the books from his pile. He gave him the book which he labeled himself as a weird book.
 

“Kibum, what’s so weird about this book?” Yoochun asks. “All it says ‘The Dark Angel’. What is so weird about that?”
 

Kibum shrugs. “To me, it is just weird, okay.”
 

“Whatever, you weirdo.” Yoochun rolls his eyes. Then he focuses his attention back to the book. He rubs his hand over the thick hardcover. The book begins to light up.
 

“Whoa...” Everyone in the room are amazed by the special book.
 

“The book has powers.” Kibum says. “It is not weird at all.”
 

“Is a genie going to come out of the book?” Taemin asks.
 

“What the ?” s look at him, strangely.
 

“What?” Taemin tries to defend himself. “Haven’t you heard of a genie lamp?”

 

“Yes, but this isn’t a lamp, you moron.” Kibum insulted him.
 

“True, but anything can happen in this world of magic.” Taemin says.
 

“Yeah, you have been watching too many television.” Kibum shakes his head.
 

Then the book opens itself up as the bright light gets brighter.
 

“Look, the book just open itself.” Taemin points out.
 

“I think something is coming out of the book.” Onew stated as a dark shadow appears in the middle of the bright light.
 

“Greetings, ya’ll.” The voice of the little creature can be heard from a great distance.
 

“What is it?” Minho asks. “What can it be?”
 

“Oh, I know!” Onew shouts. “It’s a chicken!” He was the first one to guess the creature identity.

 

“No, it is much too small for it to be a chicken.” Taemin says as he stares at the dark shadow.
 

“I know!” Minho shouts. “It’s an ant.”
 

“No, it is much bigger than that.”
 

“I know!” Kibum shouts this time. “It’s a cockroach.”
 

“No, it is bigger than that.”
 

“Then what do you think it is?” They asked him.
 

“It is...” Taemin about to answer their question, but the creature has already appeared in front of them.
 

“A worm?” The four members are disappointed to know that the creature was just a small worm.
 

“Not just any worm, it is a bookworm.” Taemin says. “See, it is wearing the huge glasses.”
 

“Thank you for freeing me.” The worm says, fixing his glasses. “It’s been years since I have been stuck inside that book.”
 

“You lived in this book?” Jonghyun asks.

 

“No... well... yeah.” The bookworm answered.
 

“O-kay.” The young angels still have no idea what the bookworm meant.
 

The bookworm sighs. “Looking at your expression, you have no clue what I meant.”
 

They nod.
 

“I was once a librarian here.” The bookworm begins to tell them a story about his life in this old, ancient library. “Until one day, a dark force pushed me into one of the books and locked me inside. For years, I tried to unlock the spell. However, it was all useless.”
 

“Do you have any idea who might have done this?” Yoochun asks.
 

The bookworm shook his head. “By the way, my name is Kim Ryeowook.”
 

“Onew, the leader of Shinee.” He greets himself as he eats his fried chicken.
 

“Kim Jonghyun.”
 

“Kim Kibum, but please, and I really mean it... call me KEY.”
 

The bookworm just nod his head.
 

“He wants be “one of a kind” since there are so many ‘Kim Kibum’ out there.” Yoochun explains.
 

“Oh, and you are...?” The bookworm asks.
 

“Your savior, Park Yoochun.” He introduces himself.
 

“Oh, I’ve heard about you.” Ryeowook grins. “It is a pleasure to finally meet you.”
 

“Likewise...”
 

“Ahem...” Minho interrupts them. “The name is Choi Minho.”
 

“Brother of Choi Siwon, perhaps?” Ryeowook asks.
 

“Yes, may I ask how did you know?”
 

“Cocky attitude, fashionable, shall I just say... Perfection?” Ryeowook points out.
 

“That’s my brother not me.”
 

“Correction, that’s just a gene that runs through your family.”
 

“Whatever...” Minho rolls his eyes.
 

“Please excuse my boyfriend’s attitude. I am Lee Taemin, but you can call me Min.”
 

“We are known as Shinee.” Onew says.
 

“Yes, I also have heard that a band had been created among your kind.” Ryeowook nods. “It has been a decade since I have listen to music in this world.”
 

“Anyways, may I ask what are you six looking for in this old, ancient library?” Ryeowook asks. “Nobody comes to this library anymore since it is all about technology.”
 

“Well, technology can’t solve hyung’s problem. This is why we are here.” Taemin says.
 

“A problem, I see.” Ryeowook slithers across the wooden table. “May I ask what is it about?”
 

No one answered.
 

“C’mon now, tell me the problem.” Ryeowook says. “Don’t let this old man wait.”
 

“Old man?” Jonghyun laughs. “He called himself old man.”
 

“Why, of course, I would.” Ryeowook coughs. “I have lived over 200 years.”
 

“YOU WHAT!” The young angels are shock to hear the news. “No way!”
 

“You’re lying.” Kibum says. “You still look young.”

 

“Well, that’s because I have magic and was trapped in this book for years. Therefore, my appearance do not change.”
 

“Cool, I want to be trap in a book in that case.” Kibum announced. “I do not want to grow old and become all wrinkly and weak.”
 

“Being trap in a book is no fun, son.” Ryeowook says.
 

Kibum frowns. “True.”
 

“So, may you tell me your misery?” Ryeowook looks at Yoochun with big eyes. It is like he is giving him a puppy face.
 

Yoochun sighs and gives in. “Alright, alright. Just don’t give me that look again.”
 

“Yes!” Ryeowook cheers to himself.
 

“I want to know why one of my students from the human world can see what we, the Dark Angels, can see.” Yoochun says.
 

“What information have you gathered from him so far?” Ryeowook asks as he slithers closer to the angels.
 

“Well, first thing, his parents are both men.” Yoochun says. “Secondly, his mother name is Kim Jaejoong.”
 

“Did you say his mother is Kim Jaejoong?” Ryeowook asks.
 

Yoochun nods.
 

“We don’t need a book for this.” Ryeowook says. “I will be your source for tonight.”
 

Yoochun stares at the bookworm.

 

“The books will just give you false information.” He continues. “Don’t you want a true identity about this person? If you do, you will need to ask someone who lived during that decade.”
 

“Which means you are going to tell us.” Minho says.
 

“Correct.” Ryeowook nods. “Now take a seat. This will be a long journey.”
 

“J-journey?” Onew asks. “W-why?”


“Close your eyes.” The bookworm orders the angels as he ignores Onew’s question.