Final

MORE THAN A MEMORY

 

And in a little house in North Carolina, three people sat on a couch not saying a word, they were staring at the television.

 

Only one thought was going through Yul Kwon’s head. His wife was begging him on national television the best way she knew how... with a song.

 

Jessie couldn’t take the silence anymore. He cleared his throat. “Well, that was...nice,” he finally said.

 

Yul stood up and started pacing. “I have to go see her,” he said frantically.

 

Tiffany jumped up and shook her head. “No,” she said softly, putting a hand on her brother-in-laws arm to halt his pacing.

 

“Tiffany!” Jessie shouted sceptically.

 

She gave him a pleading look over her shoulder and he snapped his jaw shut, sitting back on the couch. “Yul, listen to me,” she said, turning back to him. “You need to let her come back to you.”

 

“But what if she...”

 

“Don’t finish that thought,” Tiffany scolded him. “You’re done. From this moment on, you’re done doubting your wife.”

 

Yul swallowed past the lump in his throat and knew that his sister-in-law was right. Doubt had been ruling his life for far too long. It was time for him to start trusting.

 

Tiffany gave his arm a squeeze trying to soothe him, then gave him an encouraging smile. “Your wife just sang to you. On national television,” she said with a disbelieving laugh. “Your wife, who hates the press and the spotlight. Yul, trust me...she’s coming home.”

 

“But what if she’s too scared?” he asked desperately. “I gave her an ultimatum, Fany. She might think I don’t want her!” The thought sickened him... Yoona thinking for one second that he didn’t want her. He never should have made her choose now or ever. Yul hadn’t felt so helpless since he’d watched his son die in his arms.

 

“Yul, I know you’re scared, too, but Yoong needs to do this. She needs to come to you and you need to let her.”

 

He nodded slowly. “I have to go,” he said quietly.

 

“Yul!”

 

“Home,” he clarified. “I have to go home. I want to be there when Yoona gets there,” he said.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoona had just left the building where the late show was taped and gotten into her limousine when cell phone started to ring. She looked at the caller ID and laughed as she answered. “What are you doing calling me this late? Don’t you have a baby who’s going to be up at the crack of dawn?”

 

“Oh, like I was going to miss my baby sister on the late show! Especially when it’s her last live performance ever!”

 

“So, what’s up?” Yoona asked.

 

She heard her sister sigh. “I love the song,” she said. “It was beautiful, Yoong, and you sang it perfectly.”

 

“Thanks, Yoon,” she said softly.

 

“Something tells me you’ve never sung from the heart like that before,” she said knowingly.

 

“I don’t think I have,” she agreed.

 

Yoonhee sighed. “Yoong?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Why did you drop the “Im” from your name?” she asked.

 

“One reasons,” Yoona said. “Like I said during the interview, I want Yul to know that I am proud to be his wife. And I want the world to finally know it, too, Yoon,” Yoona took a deep breath.

 

On the other end of the phone, Yoonhee bit he lip and nodded her head. She understood perfectly... Yoona knew it was a small gesture, but it was the only one she could make.

 

“I was so angry at Yul when he went to the press, Yoon, but when they found out about Yul Jr... I was furious. And I blames Yul for something that wasn’t even his fault,” she admitted with a bitter laugh. “I thought he fed Yul Jr to the wolves. But the truth was he was just as distraught as I was. More, even, because I walked away from him again. I couldn’t see past my own devastation long enough to know...that he was hurting, too. And when he told the press the other night that Yul Jr was off limits forever...” Yoona sighed, to overcome with emotion; she was unable to finish her thought. “The man I love refused to give the son I love to this world. Even now he’s protecting our baby. And I, when I don’t even deserve it.”

 

“Yoong...”

 

“I don’t, Yoon. I don’t deserve Yul, but I can’t live without him and I’m hoping that he can’t live without me,” she said quietly.

 

Yoonhee sighed thoughtfully. “When are you going back to North Carolina?” she asked.

 

“The earliest flight I could get leaves at 5am,” Yoona said quickly. “I have a few things to pack up from the penthouse and then I’m on my way.”

 

“Call me and tell me how it goes.”

 

“I promise,” Yoona said.

 

“I love you, Yoong,” Yoonhee said.

 

“I love you, too, Yoon. Give my nephew a kiss for me.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoona sighed as she looked out the window of the plane. Her anxiety was kicking in full force now, along with every doubt and fear that had ever crossed her mind. She took a deep breath and slid down in her seat. She put her IPod earphones in her ears and launched one of her favourite playlists hoping it would calm her. She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the window, knowing she wouldn’t sleep, but hoping to block out everything around her.

 

Yoona, promise me that no matter what happens, no matter what the future holds for us, we’ll always find our way back together,” Yul said fiercely. It had been a Saturday night... two days after a school shooting that happened at their High School and they were out on the football field lying on a blanket looking up at the stars. The incident had resulted in the death of the student that had bought the gun into the school with him. And while he’d been the only one who’d lost his life that day, countless others had been changed forever.

 

“Yul, what’s going on?” she asked cautiously.

 

“No matter how bad things get, Yoong, they have to be better when we’re together, right?” he asked.

 

“Yul?”

 

He sighed. “Promise me, Yoong,” he’d said again.

 

“I promise,” she’d told him.

 

At that time, Yoona had thought that their youthfulness had been why Yul had thought that things had to be better together, but knowing now what she didn’t know then; Yoona could see that her husband had been right.

 

Even the worst things in her life were better with Yul by her side.  

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yul was sitting on the couch impatiently flipping through the channels of his television, but the story was the same on every one.

 

Yoona “Im” Kwon stunned America last night, when she showed up on the late show wearing her wedding ring and a Charlotte Bobcats t-shirt sporting her husband’s basketball number just one night after he appeared before the press with no wedding ring in sight.

 

Flick.

 

All of Hollywood is abuzz after Yoona “Im” Kwon appeared on the late show last night wearing her wedding ring and for the first time, showing her willingness to talk about her husband, NBA sensation Yul Kwon. Their marriage was revealed to the press after...

 

Flick.

 

Randy Travis may have originally sung this song, but listening to Mrs Kwon sing it, it’s clear she owns it. She sang the lyrics with such passion that it makes you wonder...just what is going on behind closed doors at the Kwon household?

 

Yul sighed, wondering the same thing. Where the hell was Yoona?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

While she had never been one to believe in them, even Yoona had to agree that the unseasonably warm and sunny day was a good sign. After pulling into the driveway of her parents old house, Yul’s new one, she corrected herself, she put the car in park and quickly rehearsed her speech for the millionth time. She checked her reflection in the rear view mirror, then closed her eyes and sent up a silent prayer that Yul’s heart would be softened toward her. She took a deep breath, then opened the car door and stepped out.

 

Feeling like she was moving in slow motion, Yoona headed for the front porch. She had been in such a hurry to get here, and now she was a nervous wreck. Finally she reached the front door, and lifted her hand to knock. Before she could, it flew open. She stepped back in surprise. When it was opened all the way, she saw her husband standing before her. She studied his face, but his eyes were unreadable. She swallowed nervously. Like her, he obviously hadn’t slept a wink last night. But he was a sight for her sore eyes. She smiled tentatively at him and opened to speak. Before she could get a word out, the sky opened up and thick raindrops started falling. She reminded herself that she didn’t believe in signs, and forged ahead.

 

“Yul, I’m so...”

 

“Sorry?” he finished for her his feelings suddenly very clear. He captured her wrist in his hand and pulled her against him with such a force that she came crashing against his chest. He placed his lips on her forehead and gave her a gentle kiss. “Me, too, Yoona,” he said earnestly, squeezing her as if he never intended to let go. And he didn’t.

 

“Yul...”

 

“Yoona, we have the rest of our lives to talk. Right now, I just want to hold you,” he said feelingly.

 

She sighed...contentedly... a feeling she couldn’t ever remember having, and snuggled against him. He saw a flash from a parked car across the road and stiffened. “Yul?”

 

“Paparazzi,” he said, moving to close the door. She shook her head and lifted her hand out to stop him. He gave her a questioning look.

 

“Let’s show them what happy looks like,” she said, looking into his eyes. She lifted her face just as he bent his, and their lips met in a fierce kiss. When he started laughing, Yoona pulled back, a grin on her own face. “What?” she asked.

 

“Yoong, trust me when I tell you this. You don’t want them to see how...” he searched for the right word, “happy I am,” he finished sheepishly.

 

Yoona immediately looked down and blushed, giving her husband a playful shove backwards into the house. “Yeah,” she agreed. “They probably shouldn’t see this.”

 

THE END

 

Hope everyone enjoy this story. Thanks for all the comments. Hope you all wait for my other stories I'm writing now. Just want to ask all of you who should be the mens in my next story. It''s gonna be story of all the Ace couples of SNSD. Just let me know and also can anybody make a  story banner for me. The title of my next story is "Rain, Friends And Love". I would really appreciate it if anyone make it. Thanks once again to all of you who read my stories....