Chapter 6

In Another Life

I arrived the front gate of the school early, feeling eager to make good first impressions to strangers. I looked up and here it is. My new school. A place where nobody knows about my past. I stepped in with a smile on my face and feeling enthusiastic. All I need to do now is find the admin office to get my student loan signed and I will be officially a new student here.

*POOM* I heard a loud noise as I was walking in from the front gate. I turned around and saw a tall lean girl, with her enormous hair, leapord-printed dress and high heels laying on the ground. Im pretty sure she can get up by herself but I promised to make good first impressions so I walked towards her.

"Are you okay? Need a hand?", I asked politely while putting out my arms to her. She gazed up at me from the floor seductively and held my arms. I pulled her up on her feet and bent down to get her books from the floor.

"There you go miss", I handed the books to her. She took them from me and said "Oh my bad. Thank you so much. Whats your name?". "My name is Luhan. Nice to meet you", I replied with a cheerful smile on my face.

"My name is Maggie. Nice to meet you hun. You are such a saviour", she said. "You too, Maggie. Well you take care and make sure you dont fall again. Im going to go now, cya", I told her and turned around to continue my way to the office.

"Wait hold on a sec. Oucchh. My leg hurts. Can you help me walk to class?", she pleaded with her big brown eyes staring at me. Oh I know these kind of girls. If I were who I am back then I will definitely take the hit from her. But now no. I have changed. "Oh Im sorry miss. Im really in a rush to get to the office. Maybe you can ask your friends?", I rejected her kindly.She showed me a sad pity face and said her only friend ditched her and left her alone. I felt heavy hearted to leave her alone there although Im pretty sure she's probably lying to me so I said yes and leaded her into the school.

As we were walking in, someone caught my eye. A long-haired girl, wearing a simple t shirt, jeans and sneakers, standing in the middle of the hallway looking around with her beautiful sharp eyes. I recognize those eyes. They appeared in my dreams over and over. I stared at her, studying her face features. Heart-shaped face, high cheek bones, small but sharp eyes, sharp nose and a cute delicate but seducive lips. 

"Oh Luhan, walk me over there please", Maggie demanded and I followed. "Hyori !! Yoohooo", she shouted. Hyori? Thats the girl's name. Why is she in my dream? What in the world is going on? Heat rose up to my face while I slowly walk Maggie to her.

Hyori noticed us and gave out a pixie like smile with dimples on both sides. I've never been so mesmerized before. Maggie noticed me staring at her and stopped walking towards her. I felt her jealousy all over me. I know she didnt intended to introduce me to that girl Hyori. She just yelled out from the far distance "Bye,Hyori! Goodluck finding your class!" and forced me to turn around and walk with her the other way. I turned around to catch another glimpse of her. Maggie quickly gave me a peck on my cheeks and said "Lets go Luhan. You need to walk faster than this."

I felt like pushing her to the ground but it wouldnt be a nice first impression considering so many students are here. I looked back again hoping Hyori did not see the kiss she gave me. And there she was, still standing in the middle of the hallway, rolling her eyes in disgust.

My heart crushed. It felt like the whole world just fell apart from me. I am confused. Why am I feeling this way towards someone I just met? And the dream? I cant take this anymore.

"Maggie, I guess now you can walk on your own right? Im really in a hurry to somewhere else", I said to her sternly. I guess she knew that I was very mad about her pulling that trick in front of Hyori and she said "Sure I feel so much better now with your help. Thanks hun I think I can walk by myself now. You can go".

I walked away from her without saying a word. I need some time alone. I need to make myself up to Hyori. Prove to her that me and Maggie got nothing going on. But as if she even care about me. "Oh well first thing first, get these loans signed and off to class", I thought to myself.