Chapter 4

In Another Life

*Thump thump thump thump..........*

I can hear the sound of my heartbeat beating fast and feel the weight of Jun's arm around my shoulder. Almost everyone in the cafeteria were having their eyes on me and him as we were walking towards an empty table. I turned to my left and see Maggie staring at me in shock with both of and eyes wide open. "Don't look. Just keep walking with me and act like everything is okay. Forget about everyone else but me", he whispered under his breath while pulling me closer. 

That 3 minutes walk felt forever. We finally sat down at a four-seated table and Jun placed his schoolbag on the seat next to him and stood up. "Im going to be right back Hyori. Anything you want for lunch? A celery maybe?", he teased me.

"Are you calling me fat??? I want everything on the menu!", I did a sulking face to him and pouted my lips. He bent over the table and flick my nose. "Ouch that hurts", I said to him in a furiously cute way. I wasnt even aware I was acting like that. I never do.

"Owwwwhh sowwieee little princesssyyy", he pleaded in a cute way too and did a little bow before walking off to get our lunch. I looked down trying not to let him see the smile on my face. 

"HYORI!!", Maggie said said enthusiastically as she jumped to give me tight hug. "Hey why didnt you wait for me? I thought we were having lunch together right? Ughh you totally ditched me but its okay now that Im here we can have lunch together. By the way yea, you know Jun?? How did you all know each other? Why didnt you tell me? What now you got a new famous senior as your friend and you completely forget about me?", Maggie said to me while helping herself on the emtpy seat next to me. 

"I walked in here earlier and you didnt notice me", I said, rolling my eyes to another side. How I wish I can stand up to her right now but I dont want things to get awkward between us because technically we still are roomatesShe glared and me then soften herself and said, " Oh well lets forget about that okay. And make sure you introduce me to your friend!!". "Hahaha knowing you Maggie, you will definitely introduce your way in", I talked back to her, grinning. She didnt like what I said at all by the look of her face. "Okay Hyori behave. I see your friend walking back"

"Umm hello there ladies. I am back but only with meals for two people. Didnt expected company. I guess you will have to get your own lunch", Jun said with a raised eyebrow. Maggie laughed out a fake polite laughter while saying " Oh you are so funny!!! Im not eating today hun. Kinda on a strict diet here. Gotta keep this precious body fit and curvy".

"What curves? All I see are bones", I shrugged. Maggie glared at me and gave me the please-shut-up look. "So, let me introduce myself. Im Maggie, Hyori's bestfriend", she stood up, grabbed Jun's schoolbag which was placed beside his seat, threw it on the empty seat beside me and sat herself beside Jun. "Okay. Im Jun, her new friend", he nodded while replying to her coldly.

Maggie slapped his arms gently and laughed while saying "Well looks like you are my new friend too now" with a glint in her eyes. Jun looked up at me and gave me signal. Somehow I know what he is trying to say. He wants me to follow his lead and keep ignoring Maggie. I nodded and continue eating my pudding. 

"Maggie!!! Lets go take a smoke before class starts!!!", someone guy yelled across the table to her. She turned over to him and hissed at him. "Gosh you idiot, hold on". She turned back to the table and said shyly, "Geez these people think I smoke. I am so not a smoker." I rolled my eyes and muttered under my breath "Yea right". Jun heard me and grinned. 

She was still getting a cold treatment from us and she felt it too. She took a deep breath and plastered a fake smile on her face while saying "Oh well guess I should join the guys. Not to smoke, just hang with them a little bit. I'll see you soon  Jun", with nods and smiles, she rose and tap his shoulder before walking off. "Oh and you too Hyori."

Jun watched me with a smile on his lips,"You look cute when you are angry". "Oh really? Then I really should learn how to control my anger", I laughed at him. "I'll see you soon Jun... Oh and you too Hyoriiii", he mocked Maggie dramatically. It made me laugh. "Shut up", I giggled. He pretend to choke on the energy drink he was sipping, "What?! How are you ask me to!! I am the most prettiest girl bla bla bla bla", he continued on mocking. 

We laughed and continue our lunch, as if nothing in the world is bothering us.