Chapter 5

In Another Life

"KEEP RUNNING !! DONT WORRY ABOUT ME!!", I woke up on the floor, panting. Gosh not this dream again. I've been having the same dream over and over. It is so troublesome. Although the girl in my dream is cute but she isnt real. Ugh I just want to get on with my life.

"LULU", my little sister came in to my room and started pouncing on me. "I... cant... breathe...", I gasped and she kept on laughing like a maniac. "You know you love it, Lulu"."Think again", I said to her.

"Lu Jin, let go of your brother", my mother said disapprovingly, leaning against the door. My sister obediently let go of me and ran to her side. "Now Luhan", my mother said to me, "You take good care in school and try not to get into any fights alright. I do not want to see you get kicked out from school like the last one. Be a good boy and try not to mix around with those inappropriate girls. Make mama proud kay". 

"Mom I've changed. I promise to be a good boy and not get into any trouble", I replied while making my way to the toilet. I closed the door behind me and look at myself in the mirror. This is a new change. Im not going to create a bad boy image in my new school. Im going to lay low. 

I put on my t-shirt with a big skull picture printed on it. "Hmm this might be too punkish but its the only long sleeve shirt I have that can cover my snake tattoo on my whole left arm", I thought to myself worriedly. I regret the decisions I made back then. I was foolish. I often go out clubbing and pop pills with other fools that I thought were my friends. There were times where I drink too much and black out then end up on the roadside. 

But all of this is going to change now. The day I got kicked out from a prestige school, I saw it on my mother's face. The big disappointment but still can manage a smile. She is a single mother working two jobs to support her two children ever since her husband ran away with another woman. I guess thats why I have been acting such a douche. I hated my own life but its all going to change. Im not gonna let faith decide for me.

"Luhan, you need money for bus fare?", my mother asked, standing at the front door looking at me walking out. "Nah Im good. I'll see you after school okay. Take care mom", I replied and wave goodbye to her.

"New school, here comes the goodboy", I thought to myself, looking forward for it.