Chapter 3

In Another Life

*GRRRRRRRRINGGGG*

"Oh no, I wish Maggie booked a seat next to her for me", I sighed while walking super fast to the cafeteria. I really don't feel very comfortable sitting beside strangers. I feel even more uncomfortable if any of them students decided to shun me out like this morning. 

I reached the cafeteria and the first thing I saw was Maggie, sitting with a crowd of glamour students. They look very rich and like Maggie, with their tight fitting outfit, luxurious heels and handbags, styled and permed hair, and of course, a face caked with make up. I took a deep breath and walk towards her as I saw there is an empty seat just right at the end of the table. "Great, at least I dont have to sit so close to them and choke on their perfume", I mummered to myself.

As I was walking, Maggie noticed me and she look straight at me, shooking her head. I know that look on her face. Thats the no-I-do-not-want-you-to-come-any-closer- look she always gives me whenever she is with a guy. I stood there frozen for awhile, and I saw another one of her glamour student friend notices me too and she quickly put her schoolbag on the emtpy seat. 

"I guess I'm not cool enough for her to have anything to do with me in school", I thought to myself tragically. I turn around and walk out of the cafeteria and while walking, I can hear one of them asking who is that weird girl, then I heard Maggie's voice replying "just someone i bumped into this morning". I heard fading laughters as I walk futher down the hallway.

"Not hungry?" I quickly turns around and there he is, standing behind me smiling so perfectly. Just by hearing his voice it took away all my pain and sadness from back then. Jun came closer to me, putting his palm on my face and wiping away my tears. "Why are you crying Hyori??", he asked with full intensity in his tone. I didn't even realised I was crying. I quickly pushed his warm hand away from me and wiped my face using the sleeves of my sweater. "Im not crying, there's some dust caught in my eyes and it hurts",  I tried to explain, while sobbing.

"Don't pull that act on me. I was passing through the cafeteria and I saw everything", he said to me angrily while grabbing me on both of my shoulders. Then he let go and let out a sighed. He looked away from me probably feeling very disappointed that Im not sharing anything with him. But then again, its only the first day of school. I trained myself not to trust anyone blindly.

"Look I know you are curious but its really none of your business, Jun. I don't want you to get involve in any sort of drama going on with me considering we barely know each other", I said to him, looking down, trying my best not to look him straight in the eye because deep down I know Im lying and dying for his care.

"Do you really mean it?", he asked curiously while docking his head closer to mine. I looked at him for one second and was mesmerized. I blushed in embarassment and he laughed at me. Without saying a word, he suddenly clenched my hand to his and pulled me closer. He said to me, "Come Hyori. I will make your day better". I never felt more secured and safe with anyone else that Im feeling with him. I followed him down the hallway and the next thing I know, we are both standing in front of the cafeteria. I looked at him with curiousity and he looked back at me saying "Are you ready?"

"Yes", I whispered under my breath to him.