{ MISS SONG } Act like a man, Think like a women.

❥❥ Review Paradise || Review Shop ❤ {OFFICIALLY CLOSED} Layout 2.1

    Title : Act like a man, Think like a women.
    Author : MissSong
    Chapters : 6 [On-going]
    Reveiwer : nikatsu

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

 

Title: 6 /10
I have a bit of a problem appreciating your title because it gives away exactly what your fic is all about. That doesn’t necessarily mean it doesn’t work – but I do feel that it could be better.

Description/Foreword: 8/15
Your description basically summarized the gist of your fic. Again I’m not sure how I feel about that… but since it does say ‘description’, I also thought what you filled into it fit well. You didn’t have a foreword so I’m basing the score over what you wrote on your description.

Poster: 2/5
My first thought was that this was a Taeyeon/Heechul fic. The poster is very simple and actually looks more like a character banner than an actual poster. Kudos in trying to successfully isolate the pink of Tae’s lips though!

Story Format: 4/10
I am not a fan of changing POV’s several times in one chapter, especially when the thoughts are all too short and jumbled together. However, it does go with what you are going for with your fic – which is to say, it’s about two people who were switched together – so the changes in POV’s kinda… fit, I guess.

Characterization: 5/15
I think you gave Kyungmi a very one-dimensional personality. What I mean by that is that there’s not much going for her for me to feel for. She’s abrupt, blunt and rather tactless sometimes. Clumsy too, which is alright but I kinda hoped that with her apparent ‘witch’ abilities, she would be a bit more interesting. It’s unfortunate that she isn’t though.

As for Heechul, I don’t quite get the 180 switch on his personality. One minute he’s raging on being turned into a girl and then next he’s all shy and sweet for Kyungmi’s friend, Hee-young. I thought it’d be a little difficult for him to tone down his brash personality but instead in this fic, it was like a switch had been flipped. Also, he seems to think a lot about .

Grammar: 7/15
A ‘C’ for Effort!

I can tell right away that English is not your first language and that’s totally fine. I’d just like to point out some immediate kinks I found. All of these are just mistakes I found in your first chapter:

Mainly I noticed that you have trouble with using proper tenses. For example:

“Wait… did he just called me a ? I’m going to curse that dude! My grandma is a witch and she learned me how to do that.”

‘called’ should be ‘call’ – as in “Did he just call me a ?” This basically mean that action of calling her a ‘’ had happened presently.

‘learned’ should be ‘taught’ – as in “My grandma is a witch and she taught me how to do that.’ Using the word “learned” says that you gained a skill by practicing/studying it by yourself, whereas ‘taught’ means that someone had helped you. In this case, Kyungmi’s grandma taught her witchcraft.

Don’t forget your punctuation marks. I saw you forgot to use a lot of apostrophes, quotation marks and periods.

Plot: 11/20
This is a plot that works really well for supernatural-romcom enthusiasts but it is also one of those plots that’s hard to navigate through without proper planning. I wished you had expounded on how and why Kyungmi studied witchcraft and why the heck Heechul was there when he first met Kyungmi and called her . Explaining points, histories and others would help a lot in engaging your readers into understanding your characters. The way it’s written feels a little bit like it’s more of a ‘actors reading’ instead of an actual story.

Others: 10/10
I’m giving you an “A” for effort though because writing a fic in a language you’re not familiar with takes guts!

Total: 45/100