Happiness

A Sick Twist of Fate [FRIEND LOCKED]

 

Her eyes fluttered open as she looked out to the horizon. A smile escaped her lips as she observed the opalescent ocean glisten under the setting sun.  The gentle breeze passes by leaving butterfly kisses on her smooth skin. She had her toes dipped into the grainy sand, making it feel tingly.

 

 

 

She walked closer to the water, her hair blowing with the ocean breeze. She sighed as she soaked her feet in the sea. A shiver crawled into her spine as all of a sudden she felt cold. She hugged herself, hoping it would keep her warm. She sighed as another smile slipped from her lips.

 

 

 

She became rigid when she felt a pair of sturdy arms envelope her petite frame. Her muscles then relaxed the moment her nose picked up on the person's perfume. She let out a giggle as she felt him plant his luscious lips on the side of her neck.

 

 

 

"So," he breathed out, "Is it to your liking?" He turned her around to face him and she startled him with a kiss on the lips.

 

 

 

"Liking?" her nose scrunched up in disgust and his brows furrowed. He was almost sure she was going to like it. He suddenly became sad having to find out it was not to her standard. She suddenly flung herself to him and thanks to his quick reflexes; he was able to catch her. "I love it!" She exclaimed then quickly stole another kiss from him… but this time, he didn't let her go.

 

 

 

He hugged her waist closer to him as she wrapped her legs around his torso. One of his hands found its way to her neck deepening the kiss as he showed her just how grateful he was she was in his life.

 

 

 

They parted trying to catch their breaths. He let her down gently as he took her hand in his. She looked ahead, as she tried to take in the view. The moment she saw it, she instantly knew it was the one.

 

 

 

The house wasn't too big and judging from the outside it didn't look very nice either. To others, it gave out a creepy feeling but to her she instantly thought it was gorgeous but she was rendered speechless the moment she opened the door.

 

 

 

It may be small but it was cosy and it gave off the comfort of a home. Just the way she liked it.

 

 

 

She turned to him and she met his mischievous eyes. Her eyes widen upon catching it suddenly worrying about what he was about to do. He wiggled his eyebrows and gave him a seductive smile. She glared at him as she pouted.

 

 

 

She pulled away from him and he let her go only to advance towards her again. Upon being hit by realisation, she started running away from him and he chased her. He caught up to her lifted her off the ground. She let out a laugh that resounded through the whole place.

 

 

 

"O-okay stop," she panted. He placed her gently on the ground as if she was fragile and that one wrong move, she'd break into pieces.  As he laid her down on the smooth surface with him pinning her hands above her head, he stole a kiss from her in which earned him a glare.

 

 

 

She was still breathing hard with the whole fiasco and he noticed it. "I'm sorry," he said as he let go of her hands and rolled over next to her. She sat up and he mirrored her action. Silence then engulfed them as she stared ahead. She gasped upon feeling his head on her lap, and like an automatic action, she ran her fingers through his hair.

 

 

 

He turned to his side, facing her stomach and a smile appeared on her lips. "Do you think it'll be a boy or a girl?" he asked, looking at her in the eyes.

 

 

 

"Does it matter?" she replied back and he shook his head in response. He placed his hand on her flat stomach and caressed it.

 

 

 

"Daddy loves you baby," He cooed. She was looking down at what he was doing and she suddenly felt pure bliss the moment she saw the amount of Love contained in his eyes. She sniffed, feeling very emotional all of a sudden which made him jerk his head towards her face.

 

 

 

He saw the tear that dropped from her eyes and he panicked. He sat up straight as he cupped her face, making her look at him in the eye. He had his brows furrowed with a serious expression on his face.

 

 

 

"W-what's wrong?" Every word dripped with worry and she couldn't help but smile. He just looked to adorable.

 

 

 

"Nothing," she replied as she cupped his face and pulled it closer to hers.

 

 

 

"I love you," He said as he held her close.

 

 

 

It's been almost 2 years already since that day they were locked in that room… and every day from then on, he had never failed to say those three words to her. They got married after a year and are now expecting a baby in less than 8 months.

 

 

 

She recalled back to three years ago when she walked out on him…

 

 

 

A year ago, if you had asked her if she regretted what she did, she would've said 'yes'. But now looking back, her answer would be a 'no'. Why? Because if she hadn't walked away she wouldn't have learnt things the way she had. And deep down she knew that if she had stayed, they might not even be together anymore.

 

 

 

And plus, if she hadn't walked away… she wouldn't have met a great man – the same man who had put her happiness first rather than his own.

 

 

 

She closed her eyes as she soaked in the happiness she felt.

 

 

 

'Thank you, Tabi-ah,'

 

 

 

She smiled. Now, everything is perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the distance, behind the massive stacks of rocks his eyes observed every move they made as they entered their own little world. A slight feeling of contentment washed over him, but there's no denying that it was accompanied by pain.

 

 

 

'I'm glad you're happy,' He smiled inwardly.

 

 

 

"You still love her," a voice came from behind him and he said nothing, his eyes still watching them. The air was still as they watched the two figures in the distance show their affection with each other.

 

 

 

"They're happy," he stated.

 

 

 

"But you're not," she countered as her head turned to his direction.

 

 

 

"That may be," he met her eyes. "But I'd rather see her genuinely happy rather than seeing her pretend she is…"

 

 

 

He looked up to the sky.

 

 

 

"Besides, I'll find the right girl…" He then turned to her with a serious expression. "Who knows, maybe she's hiding right under my nose…"

 

 

 

She beamed as she saw a quick flash of sheer happiness pass his eyes.

 

 


 

 

 

So I'm doing 2 or maybe 3 different endings to this one... which was suggested by myjoyce1986 

And this is ending Number 1 - Daragon!!! >o<