Content.

A Sick Twist of Fate [FRIEND LOCKED]

 

They were pounding on the locked door, crying out his name… but the door stayed locked. A few minutes later, they gave up knowing that the door will stay that way. He went back to where he was sat deep in thought. He took his phone out but then let out a frustrated growl to find that there was no reception.

 

 

 

She watched his every move.

 

 

 

"This is your entire fault!" She shouted making him look up. Her eyes shone with absolute hatred, mirroring her expression, he stood up. He pointed a finger towards himself with an incredulous look.

 

 

 

"MY fault?" His voice boomed throughout the whole room and she jumped back a bit with shock but then almost instantly composed herself. "Enlighten me," he continued as he stared her down.

 

 

 

She didn't say anything, just stared right back – she didn't even blink when a tear slipped out of her eye. He scoffed and silence fell on the atmosphere. He turned away from her not wanting to see her.

 

 

 

"Did you really not believe in me?" He whispered his voice coated with think pain and sadness. "Did you really think I could hurt you Dara?" He was feeling helpless and pathetic. He sounded like a lost child and it made her heart clench.

 

 

 

"But it's okay," He turned around to face her, now with a smile on his face. It was forced and she could tell it took him his all to show her that smile. "Even I didn't believe in myself," He chocked out a chuckle. "Who would though right?"

 

 

 

He sat back down staring into nothing… waiting for her to speak. But she was rendered speechless. His words smashing her heart into pieces. She was the one at fault not him. She should have listened. She should have kept her promise. She should have kept her faith in him when he didn't even keep some for himself, because he trusted her completely.

 

 

 

But she ruined it all.

 

 

 

All because of her stupidity and insecurities.

 

 

 

"Ji," she called out, her voice just above a whisper but he managed to catch it. He looked up to see her walking towards him with a pained expression. She stopped in front of him and sat down. She couldn't face him.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry," Her head hung low, her shoulders drooped down and her back arched forward. She felt defeated and ashamed. He felt the instant craving to just hold her tight. "I was wrong," Her voice was soft and he felt his heart flutter.

 

 

 

It's been a year yet she still had that effect on him. He smiled inwardly, happy that she wasn't screaming or looking at him with hatred… but she still wasn't looking at him.

 

 

 

He placed his fingers under her chin and guided her head towards him. He offered her a smile but she just stared right back. Her face was void of any emotion. She was pale and lifeless. A sudden pang of longing hit him.

 

 

 

His face lowered going for her lips. His eyes closed shut as he felt her lips. The longing he felt was long gone the moment she kissed him back. His heart was pounding against his ears.

 

 

 

Finally.

 

 

 

They pulled apart. He leaned his forehead on hers with eyes closed. He pulled her closer to him. He didn't want to let her go – not anymore.

 

 

 

There was silence as they held each other close.

 

 

 

"So what now?" She breathed out as she leaned her head on his chest, listening to his beating heart. He placed a kiss on her hair before speaking.

 

 

 

"Honestly," He scooted her closer to him, making sure there were no gaps in between their bodies. He didn't want to be away from her anymore. He guessed a year was long enough. "I don't know."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I ran out of the restaurant and headed my way to a club. I needed to relieve myself. At times like these, alcohol is a man's best friend. I just hope they're happy.

 

 

 

I entered the club. The music blasting out of the speakers as grinding bodies filled the dance floor. I headed to the bar and asked for a Dirty Martini, once I got it I drank it all in one go. I asked for another one and told them to keep it coming. I dropped my head low after drinking another glass, the alcohol ripping and burning my throat.

 

 

 

"Whoah there, Big Guy," It was a girl. I looked at her with a smile on my face, being the polite person I am but I ended up bursting out laughing upon seeing what she was wearing. The other girls were wearing skimpy outfits, showing more than they should but the girl next to me was wearing a formal gown. She smiled.

 

 

 

"So what's a girl dressed up like that doing in a club like this?" I couldn't help but ask after I had calmed down. The smile on her face was replaced by agony. I regretted asking. "Sorry, not my business." I apologized but she shook her head.


 

 

"No it's okay," I watched her order her drink. Needless to say, she was stunning. She turned to me but then raised her perfect eyebrows the moment she noticed me checking her out. I looked away and I heard her let out a laugh.

 

 

 

The music, the wild screaming drowned in the background for all I could hear now was her steady breathing. "My wedding is off," her voice held sadness. I looked at her face and I was right. She was torn. I watched her as she tried to hold back a tear.

 

 

 

"You're not the only one," I said to try and cheer her up as I drank another glass. She looked at me with shock in her face.

 

 

 

"Y-you mean," she stuttered and I nodded in response. "Aren't we just the luckiest?" her voice oozing with sarcasm and I chuckled at her statement.

 

 

 

We shared a moment of comfortable silence until she broke it. "So what do you think about strangers hanging out?" she turned to me with a wide smile, her eyes shining with excitement.

 

 

 

Damn.

 

 

 

"E-errr," I hesitated. She pouted and gave me a look I couldn't resist. "What'd you have in mind?" She beamed and pulled me up.

 

 

 

The ground shook for a moment. Guess that was the alcohol kicking in but I let her drag me anyway. She was now driving the car and I sat in the passenger seat.

 

 

 

I closed my eyes for a bit to sober up but then I felt the car stop. She stepped outside, her excitement radiating around her. I followed suit and looked outside. The beach. A smile appeared on my face but it suddenly disappeared the moment I remembered it was the exact same place I met her.

 

 

 

I shook all the thoughts and emotions away as I heard the girl calling to me. She took her heels off and hiked her dress up not to touch the sand.

 

 

 

"Come on, stranger!"

 

 

 

She ran towards the wateer as she waved to me.

 

 

 

I couldn't explain it but I felt a weird bubbling in my stomach as a smile crept to my lips.

 

 

 

 

And somehow... I felt contented.

 

 

 

 


 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

 

Firstly, I want to thank you guys for taking your time reading this!! 

Oh, and Shout Out to mbie07

Do you like the poster she made?? >.< Kamsa unnie!!!

Secondly, I'm kinda contemplating right now... Am I gonna make this a long fic... or am I gonna keep it short...? What do you guys think???

Lastly, I'm getting mixed signals from you guys too... 

 

 

 

Please vote so I'd know how I'd end this... Kamsa again guys!!