A Sudden Death

A Romance in Seoul

Paul died a few months after the incident at the club, when he drove off of a cliff in a drunken state. He had been drunk- driving around early in the morning and a semi- truck had  drifted into his lane, causing him to swerve to avoid the truck and sending him flying off of a cliff where he fell to his untimely demise. His funeral was a sad event, even though I disliked Paul for how he had hurt me, I still felt sad by his death. Any romantic feelings for Paul had left the moment the shot glass had hit my head in the club that night, but still deep down I cared for his well- being and I felt bad about the tragic event of his death. Minho was there for me after Paul died, even though I wasn’t in love with Paul anymore, I still felt really sad and distraught about his death. It shocked me because I never thought that someone around me could ever possibly die so early, especially someone like Paul who was really healthy. Although his health had nothing to do with the reason that he died, I still felt that it was impossible that this could happen. Minho had been very understanding and he was there to comfort me throughout the process of grieving for Paul.  Although there had always been tension between Minho and Paul after the club incident, he also felt bad. I was so shocked to the point that I was hysterical after Paul died, I could not believe the fact that he was really gone, that I would never see him again. My heart ached and I couldn’t stop crying, I had no idea why I was so hysterical when I did not even like Paul that much anymore. Despite my lack feelings towards Paul in a romantic sense, I still felt angry and wronged by his early death. Although I didn't like Paul very much towards the end, I decided to only remember the good memories that I had of him so that I would not resnt him even after his death.