The Beginning of a Relationship Part 1/2

A Romance in Seoul

The night where I realized that Minho actually cared about me was really memorable; we had all been at a club and we had been having a lot of fun. But things took a turn for the worst when Paul got drunk and started leaning on me and acting really inappropriately. Talking about how I used to like him and how desperate I was and how stupid I was for liking him.  How there was never any possibility of him liking me back. Then out of nowhere something hit me in the head.

The glass pierced through the air and sailed across the table until it cracked against my forehead causing a small cut, which I tried desperately to cover up. Good thing for me Paul had chosen to take care of the girl who had thrown the glass at me. Who in the process  of trying to clean up the glass had sustained a small cut on her hand. After cleaning up the mess I left the club early citing some random excuse for why I could no longer stay. I tried to leave quickly, hoping and praying that no one had seen the cut on my forehead and the cuts on my hands from cleaning up the glass. But my hope was to no avail, as Haneul Unnie and Minho quickly ran after me. They had seen the cut before I had a chance to hide it and they were worried. Seeing as how he probably had no idea why Haneul Unnie was so worried, I was surprised that he actually cared and that he followed  Hanuel Unnie out of the club to catch up to me and check up on me. Unnie was really worried because she knew about my bleeding disorder and how it takes me a while to clot, thus making her worry about me losing too much blood. Because the glass hit my head and there was a small cut, Haneul Unnie wanted me to go to the emergency room to check for internal bleeding at the impact spot.

This was the night when my feelings towards Minho started to grow, I think after seeing him care about me i realized what a good person he is. He had seen me at my lowest, feeling so miserable over my failed attempt at a relationship with Paul and crying myself to sleep over the heartbreak. I realized that I could trust him with my feelings, that he would respectful of my values and  respect me as a person. I knew that he would be  trustworthy because of the promise he made to me. He told me that he would never hurt me like that because he wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he was the reason for me to cry like that again.