A Wish Upon a Shooting Star

From Picture to Reality

 

 

“When will I ever see you again?” Jaejoong sighs as he looks at the picture he held in his hands. It was a picture of a little girl that captivated him from when he was still a kid. Memories came flooding in as he remembered the first time he saw that picture.

 

Jaejoong was still young and was playing with his friends. He got tired and went to seat on one of the benches in the park. By the bench, he saw a little girl around his age wearing a straw hat and summer dress with flats. At first he didn’t mind it and continued resting. By then, the little girl started to head off the bench leaving Jaejoong alone on it. But what she didn’t know she dropped something on the bench that Jaejoong saw and was now in his hands. He looked at the picture and saw her and her family, but she was covering her face with her hands. “She has pretty hands.” Jaejoong complimented.

 

“…..She has pretty hands….” Those words kept repeating in his mind He would know ‘cause not all the people he saw had pretty hands. Yet, this little girl had it in her. “Someday, we’ll meet again.”

 

“Hey Jae-hyung!” someone banged on his door that brought him to reality.

“It’s time for dinner, you have to cook us.”

 

“alright, alright, I’ll be there.” Jaejoong got up and hid the picture in his drawer next to his phone. He went down and cooked dinner for his friends.

 

Meanwhile at the Café,

 

“____ah~! Order in table 4.” The manager called her.

 

“I got it” You answered and went to Table 4.

 

You went to table 4 and took the costumer’s order. You were working as a waiter/coffee girl in a Café. This was the only job you can get since your family was just average. You only graduated high school since your father died. He was the one that supported the family and now that he was gone you were the one that had to take his place. Though, you’re mom is just a housewife, she too is finding a job.

 

Day and night you work with minimum breaks but it was all worth it since it helped your family a little.

 

“Unnie~~~~” your little sister called you from her swivel chair.

 

“Not now Yeonhee, I have to work.”

 

“Ok, unnie.” She went back to coloring in her coloring book you bought her since you know she gets bored just waiting.

 

The night was almost over and you were through with your last costumer. You took off your apron and got your pay and bid goodbye to every staff and the manager before taking Yeonhee with you.

 

“Bye guys, see you tomorrow.” You said as you opened the door.

 

“See you too!” one of your workers said.

“Yeah, be careful on your way home.” Another one said.

 

You and Yeonhee were strolling by the park happily eating some left-over by the Café. You suddenly remembered something about the past and went to the bench.

 

‘I wonder where my picture went.’ You thought as you sat down on it. Yeonhee followed in pursuit. You two just stared at the stars above suddenly your little sister noticed a shooting star.

 

“Oh LOOK!!! A SHOOTING STAR UNNIE~!” your sister jumped up from her seat.

“Let’s make a wish now Yeonhee.”

 

You two then closed your eyes and thought of what to wish but for you, there was one wish that you really wanted to make.

 

“I want to know who took my picture, please let me know soon, That’s the only family picture I had left since dad was gone.” You said in your mind as you wished on the shooting star.

 

By then you opened your eyes and peeked at Yeonhee who still had her eyes shut.

 

‘But I’m sure that picture’s long gone.’ You thought to yourself.

 

“Unnie~~ I just made my wish.” Yeonhee said a little surprising you from your thought.

 

“Oh that’s good, come on…..” you sat up. “…….let’s go home, we’ll need to sleep.” You held your hand for Yeonhee to reach and grab. She took it and the two of you went home.

 

Meanwhile back at Jaejoong’s place,

 

“Wow, hyung, your food’s the best.” Changmin, the youngest, said as she chomped down more food to his stomach.

“Yah! Slow down you monster, you’re going to choke.” Yunho said as he looked at Changmin.

“Just let him be, he’s a growing boy.” Junsu added as he ate some chicken.

“Well, he’s already a grown boy, in fact a little too grown.” Yoochun retorted at Junsu.

“Guys stop it, you’re acting like little children and thanks Max.” Jaejoong finally spoke.

“No problem, you’re welcome”Changmin said.

 

The guys finished their food and were now ready to leave Jaejoong’s house. Jaejoong is actually  a heir of his father’s company. His friends comes by to visit him and in return Jaejoong cooks them food personally from him.

 

The guys bid goodbye to each other and went off. Jaejoong went to his bedroom and opened his drawer to find the picture again. He held it and imagined what you would look like now.

 

“You’re probably really beautiful right now.” He said to himself.

 

Just then he had this crazy idea of going out just for some air. He had to let himself relax from the stress of the company.

 

He then grabbed his jacket and phone and the picture. He went down and was greeted by one of the trusted assistant of his father.

 

“Sir, where are you headed to?” he asked.

“I’ll just take some walk by the park, don’t worry I won’t be too long I’ll come back as soon as possible.” Jaejoong answered while he wore his jacket.

“Would you want someone to accompany you?”

“Oh no, that’s alright besides, the park’s just near.”

“Alright sir, then be careful.” The assistant said and went to open the door.

 

Jaejoong said his thanks and walked off to the park.

“Nothing like fresh air from the outside.” He stretched his arms wide and yawned.

 

He decided to go to the park’s bench and there he found it empty. It was the same bench where he found the picture and where you were just a while ago. He sat down and rested his head back where he was now facing the stars in the sky.

 

“Pretty…just like you…” he said as he continued to stare at the sky.

 

Suddenly a shooting star appeared. That got Jaejoong’s attention and straightened himself. He closed his eyes and said that one wish he always say.

 

“I wish to find this person in the picture…”

 

From there he opened his eyes and instantly doubted that it would work, but who knows maybe it will.

 

------------

 

Looks like its going to be just a 1 chapter story..

oh welll.......

shall update soon