Dinner with Byunghun

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

I got ready and prepared to leave home.

I took my jacket and went outside. “Hey. Thanks. If it weren’t you, I would get a boring time.”, I greeted Byunghun that was waiting for me. “Hey. I guess my little finger got it right again.”, he joked.

Byunghun was funny sometimes shy around girls. It wasn’t really the case with me, at least when we were younger.

I got in his car, since he had already the driving license. He went to the driver’s sit and started the engine. “So, where are we going?”, I asked, “Do you like Italian food?”, he asked back, “Well, I never tried it before.”, “You’ll try it now.”, he said.

We were on our way to a Italian restaurant, I supposed when I decided to start a conversation. “So, where are you living? Since you moved we haven’t contacted each other.”, “I’m living in my parent’s house at the moment. The college where I’m at is nearer to my parent’s house than to mine, so I’m living there now.”, he explained, “Woaaa. I decided not to apply to college since my life will get pretty busy from now on.”, I looked out the window, “Oh yeah, I almost forgot that you’re an SME trainee now. What is your specialty?”, he kept on with his eyes on the road, “Dancing.”, I simply answered, “You’ll have to show me someday.”, he glanced at me, I chuckled, “Okay.”.

We got to the restaurant and we sat waiting for the waitress to come.

She came with the menu. I let Byunghun choose for me since I didn’t know what really to eat.

“I saw that you were pretty close with Taemin earlier today.”, tried to know more, “Well yeah we’re … kinda close.”, I nodded. “Kinda?”, he raised an eyebrow, “Yeah. It’s a long story.”, I sighed. I wasn’t feeling like telling him the whole story, I mean, my life since I became a trainee.

“And you? Any progress in relationships?”, I turned to him, “Nah. I think I haven’t found the right girl.”, he shook his head.

The waitress came with our orders and put them in front of us. “Have a nice dinner.”, she said and left.

The food looked delicious. I grabbed on the fork and eat a bit right away. Byunghun that was watching me asked, “Is it good? You like it?”, I thumbed up since I was still munching the food. He smiled and started eating his.

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrating. I went to check it and Taemin had just texted me. I read it and my expression became sad for a moment. “What’s wrong?”, Byunghun noticed. “It’s nothing.”, I attempted to smile.

I texted back to Taemin, “I’m sorry Taemin. I’m already having dinner with a friend. I’m really sorry. :c”, he had asked me to go have dinner with him since the other SHINee members weren’t at home.

I felt sorry for him. He could think that I didn’t want to go have dinner with him, which it wasn’t true.

“It’s everything fine?”, Byunghun was worried, “Yeah yeah. This food is really good.”, I changed the subject.

He looked at me as if he knew I was lying but he didn’t insist on knowing any details.

We finished eating and we got back to the car.

“I forgot to ask. How has been Kai?”, he put the seat belt, “He has been fine. He has a girlfriend now.”, I informed him, “Really?”, he got surprised, “And it’s a stable relationship?”, he questioned, “Hahaha I think so.”, we laughed.

When we were younger we would always see Kai with a different girlfriend every week. We could say he was a player.

“I hope that kid has changed. If not or we will be heartbroken or we will never have a real love.”, he spoke, “Haha Kid? I don’t think you’re in position to say such things.”, I , “What? Oh I got it.”, he then started tinkling me, “Stop, stop, stop! Alright, I take back what I said.”, I tried to take a breath. “You still have the same weak points.”, he stopped.  

“Yeah. Remember when you made cry from tinkling me?”, I remembered, “Hahah yeah. It was really funny.”, “Good times.”, I spoke while remembering our moments when we were younger.

“Well we should go, right? Mrs. Park will be mad at me if I don’t bring his daughter early to home.”, he grinned and we drove off.

We arrived at my house and  I got out of the car. “You don’t want to enter?”, I asked him, “No, no. Another day, okay?”, he said from inside the car, “Okay then. Bye.”, I waved, “Bye.”, he also waved and he left.

I entered at home and went to my room.

“Yah, I was just going to call you. I was getting worried.”, Jihae spoke as soon as I entered in the room. “Calm down, I just went out.”, I answered not giving much details, “With Taemin?”, she asked thinking that it was with him. “No.”, I shortly answered as I was preparing to go to bed, “With who?”, she kept on asking, “With Byunghun.”, I went to the bathroom, “B-Byunghun?”, she stammered, “Hum hum.”, I made sounds since I was brushing my teeth and couldn’t talk. “Oh why didn’t you tell me? How is he? He has changed a lot?”, she got excited with the idea of maybe getting to see Byunghun again, “He’s fine and I don’t think so. He just dyed his hair and grew taller.”, I said as I was exiting the bathroom.

“We need to have a friend’s dinner. We should go have dinner together me, you, Byunghun and Kai. What do you think?”, Jihae shared her idea, “I think it would be awesome.”, I agreed. “I’ll tell Kai tomorrow. Now I Just want to go to bed.”, I laid down and curled in the warm sheets.

“Okay then. Good night.”, Jihae got up from the bed, “Good night.”, and she left to her room.