Lee Sungyeol and Kim Sunggyu.

Maelyeog Korean School of Wizardry and Witchcraft (Harry Potter AU)

 

" no," muttered Sungyeol. "No, no, no. I knew it wasn't a good idea."

"What are you complaining about?" asked his housemate Sunggyu in an irritated tone. "Think about it, I'll be in Slytherin. What am I going to do there? It's seriously the worse thing ever."

Sungyeol looked at his friend with wide eyes.

"Didn't you hear? My partner is Kim Myungsoo, you know, the jerk that ruined all my hope in human kind a few years ago."

"Well maybe it's time to make up?" suggested the Head Boy. Kim Sunggyu was a perfect student. Almost. He was a Head Boy this year after having been a prefect for the two last years. He also managed to combine his duties as a Head Boy with being a good student and a loveable friend.  But he was still a Gryffindor and as a good Gryffindor he kind of liked to break the rules and to take risks and make bad things and just do whatever he wanted to do.

"No way. He betrayed me and I will never, ever forgive him." The past story between Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo was known by only a few privileged persons, including Kim Sunggyu and Sungyeol's brother, Sungjong. The boys were neighbors and friends since young and during their 4th first years at Maelyeog. Unfortunately, they started growing apart and when Myungsoo started to date Krystal they just didn't talk to each other anymore. Sungyeol thought of Myungsoo as his best friend, the oldest and the most precious but in the end, it appeared that he was the only one thinking this way. Myungsoo didn't seem to care anymore. Maybe he thought Sungyeol wasn't interesting anymore, maybe he made new friends, and maybe he just changed.

But this story left a huge impact on the young Sungyeol. It wasn't a good time back then. Sungyeol was hardly going through puberty changes and it wasn't the easiest thing ever. And he even considered stopping studying at Maelyeog. And even though he eventually came back to the school he still misses a lot classes just because he feels like it. In a word, Lee Sungyeol isn't the most prestigious student of his school, house or year. He was just average, not stupid, but he just didn't want to try harder.

"Look, Sungyeol, being resentful is just going to make things more difficult. You can't spend the three next months ignoring Myungsoo. It's impossible. Because you'll be together more than often and you know you can't spend more than 30 minutes without speaking." remarked Sunggyu.

"I'll manage. And it won't be that difficult. I don't think Myungsoo really wants to talk to me."

 

On the table behind, Kim Myungsoo was chewing casually on his food. Being with Lee Sungyeol wasn't a big shock to him. They used to be close and even though they weren't anymore because of various reasons, they didn't hate each other, or so Myungsoo thought.

 

"I'm sure the spell was rigged. How come you'll be in the House you wanted and I'll be in the House I didn't wanted to be in?" said Nam Woohyun in an accusing tone.

"You didn't want to be in any House hyung, I don't even understand why you participated, you knew no option would please you," answered Lee Howon.

"Yeah but Gryffindor is the worst out of the three. They'll hate me and bully me and it will be hell" whined the dark haired boy.

"Oh don't worry I'm sure you'll be able to defend yourself against the big bad lions!" said Howon, laughing.

"It's not funny! It will be terrible. And I don't even know who Kim Sungsomething is."

"I think he's the Head Boy" replied his friend.

"Oh yeah, even better," said Nam Woohyun sarcastically. 

 

Thanks to my suscribers for following and I'll see you in the next chapter <3