-Five-

Days with You

(five)

 


 

“Donghae! Yah!” I burst into the rooftop, a number of nights later.

 

“What?” he asked, looking up from his telescope.

 

“C-can you fix this? Please!” I said, holding out a half broken LED light. From the way he'd fixed my bracelet, I deduced he was very good at it.

 

“Oh… sure” he said and took up the pieces and proceeded to fix it.

 

I watched him. The past few weeks, we’d gotten to know each other pretty well. He was nice - not all the time, sometimes mean - and I was really comfortable around him. I was glad I'd found someone like him. We talked and I got to understand him.

 

He was from Seoul, yes, but he enjoyed quiet scenic places more. And he was really interested in astronomy. He knew a lot about it, the universe, galaxies, the black holes… you name it. He was good at fixing things. His dad wanted him to study mechanics but his heart wasn’t in it, so he just packed and came away here. Apparently, that telescope of his had a special place in his heart. He’d worked really hard to buy a good, sturdy, professional telescope; he wouldn’t let anything happen to it. Nope, not even an ant could climb onto it. He kept it spick and span.

 

But there was also a mysterious side to him. Sure, he loved astronomy and that was why he was working at my dad’s planetarium, but he really seemed feverish about finding something up there, in those skies. I didn’t know what. Nor did I ask him - until tonight.

 

“Donghae,”

 

“Hmm?” he hummed, his head bent low on fixing the light. He had dexterous hands.

 

“What do you… actually stare at the sky for? I mean, haven’t you looked at the moon and the sky enough to know it really well?”

 

He chuckled.

 

“I want to find a star.”

 

“Oh… a star?”

 

“Yeah. A new star. A star nobody’s discovered until now. I really want to, it’s my dream.”

 

He seemed really serious. In many ways, Donghae was a lot like me.

 

I just shrugged and kept quiet. At that time, I still didn’t really know the real meaning behind those words.

 


 

Another week had passed. And something which really holds a place in my heart now, happened.

 

It was just a week before Christmas. And every year, at this time, there would be a party in the village. A huge party, with music and lights. And everyone would turn up with dates and have fun.

 

Not that parties and frilly dresses were really my style. I hardly ever took notice of them. I was more of the day-long-wearing-sweatshirts- type.

 

But this time, I didn’t have anyone to go with.

 

I know, it doesn’t seem like something I’d say, just after I mentioned that I’m not the party-type. But I got used to it. Last year, and the year before last, Eunhyuk took me. We were the hot topic for some 3 to 4 weeks after that, and I just liked it.

 

I guess this year; I was going to be alone.

 

“What? You look like an ogre.” Donghae snickered before I hit him with a book.

 

I was sitting with him on the rooftop, trying to read about spiral galaxies, but I couldn’t concentrate. So, I found more interest in hunching up on the benches and sighing maybe about, three million times.

 

“Yeah, thank you very much. And I like it.” I retorted, sarcasm dripping from my words. I told you didn’t I, that Donghae was sometimes the , mean type? He was being the mean type right now.

 

“So tell me, it’s irritating to hear you sigh.”

 

“Well… there’s this annual before Christmas party…”

 

“Oh… okay?”

 

“And… yeah, I’m not going.”

 

“Oh, so you want to go? Just go.” he said, perplexed, donning a totally blank look on his face. I tried to glare at him, but didn’t have the energy.

 

“Donghae, you need to go with a date… and I don’t have a date anymore.” The last words were barely audible. But he caught on fast.

 

“When is this party?” he asked.

 

“Well… um… it might be starting now-”

 

“NOW?!” he yelled. I looked up alarmed only to see his face filled with shock and… more shock.  “Now?! Are you serious?!” he repeated, a bit more softly.

 

“Um… yeah. Why?”

 

“You're stupid!!” he said and yanked me up by the arm. “Let’s go!”

 

“Eh?! Donghae, I don't even have a dress!”

 

“So? Is there some rule that says you can party only if you wear a dress? Those jeans and t-shirt look perfectly fine to me!”

 

We ran through the street, well, he was actually making me run. Finally, we arrived at the town’s hub and it was filled with lights and noise. The party was in progress.

 

Huffing and panting, he dragged me to the place were everyone was dancing and he came to a standstill. I could feel everyone stop and stare. Me, with this more than just handsome guy. I could feel stares being drilled through my head.

 

“Your hand on my shoulder.” he said softly.

 

“Huh?” I jerked my head up. Only now did I realize that he was tantalizingly close to me and one arm of his was around my waist. I immediately blushed. Maybe he noticed, I don’t know.

 

A bit nervously I reached up and put my arm around his neck. The whole thing was awkward. One, he was so close to me. Two, his arm was around me. Three, we were dancing to some ridiculously slow song, and we were wearing casuals.

 

Have you ever really put your hands around a guy’s neck and sort of… hugged him? Well, it’s a really great feeling. It makes you realize the difference between a girl’s and guy’s physique. Especially, someone like Donghae. He was tall and becayse I was being pulled towards him, we were… really close.

 

He started swaying and slowly, so did I. The thing about the place was that, it was in the open. So as always in this village, the sky was ablaze with the stars.

 

Before I knew it, my face was buried in his shirt and… I’d fallen in love with this guy.

 


 

Author's Note

(So...yeah here's the new chapter. Haha, so much to say, you've already finished reading it =_="

the story is just going to get interesting. the important parts are just coming up, so be patient ^^  Ne ja. My head is throbbing.

No more for tonight. Tomorrow ^^

Comment. )