-Final-

Days with You

This is the final chapter of this story. I wanna thank everyone who gave me support until now ^^

 

The stars above... will keep twinkling, as long as I want them to

 


 

 

“They say there will be up to a hundred shooting stars in one night…” I said cheerfully as I set the telescope upright.

 

“What should I do? I can have as many wishes as I want… what should I do Donghae?”  I turned to the chair beside me.

 

Realization hit me only then. I sunk to the floor. I couldn’t help but cry.

 

There was no miracle… to speak of.

 

“I'm so sorry! It was all my fault!!” I screamed, only to hear my voice be carried away by the winter night wind.

 

If I hadn’t said something so selfish, maybe you still would be alive.

 

I could… hear that voice again. I could… see that smile again. To see you enjoy looking at the stars again…

 

For the sake of your precious promise… I wanted you to live. But I stole the time you had for the sake of granting it.

 

Holding on to the telescope’s cold legs, I shook violently, hot tears escaping my eyes.

 

Clack.

 

Something had fallen down. The telescope’s lens cap. With eyes that felt heavy, I looked at it, blearily.

 

Inside the cap, there was a note stuck with tape. It read “Lee Jin Hee-ssi.”

 

To Lee Jin Hee-ssi,

If you are reading this, then it most likely means I’m no longer in this world. However, I don’t regret having the operation. Because I made this choice so that I could live along with you.

…the truth is that I realized my girlfriend had distanced herself from me a long time ago.

However, I pretended to ignore the truth, so that I could use it to support myself. Before I realized it, I lost many things, and I gave up on everything during those days.

Laughing, believing and loving others…I thought I would be the only one swallowed up when death arrived.

 

That was until I met you.

 

Hot tears smudged the words.

 

My life changed in a huge way when I was attracted to your gravity.

 

“Jin Hee!” my dad appeared at the doorway and panting slightly ran up to me and crouched by my side.

 

“App-“

 

“Did you see this?!” he breathed, and pointed at the paper.

 

I laughed again. I was able to feel that I could love someone again like this.

Also, I had the power to believe in miracles…

 

My eyes widened when I saw the headlines.

 

“A new star found!

  • Discoverer: Lee Donghae

 

“No way… no way!”

 

Through the ever moving darkness, I will shine for you.

 

“The star has been named by its Discoverer as Jinhee…”

 

I was really looking for the star for you.

No matter how long we’re apart, I’ll always think of you.

 

I will always… be praying for your happiness from the distant sky.

Forever yours only,

            Donghae Lee.

 


 

Donghae changed my life too. I still have that letter.

 

It wasn’t only love. I can’t describe what I felt for him as something quite simple as love. It was much more.

 

As of now, I’m content.

 

One day, I’ll join him with the stars.

 

 

-end-

 

 

 

 


Important A/N. Please do read. (Contains some facts about the fic you may wanna know)

  • So I'm pretty sure you already understand Eunhyuk's character. He wasn't sure about who he really loved. When Eunhyuk went out with Jin Hee, he took good care of her and seemed to really be in love with her. Then, he started to take her for granted; as a naiive girl who wouldn't mind whatever he did. Soon he fell in love with Jang Shwi Sul, ignoring the fact that it hurt Jin Hee beyond measures, and acting in front of her as if nothing ever happened. Shwi sul isn't a honest and kind girl as she seems to be. She's got a double character. Soon, he's confused and frustrated when he finds out that Jin Hee loves someone else (it was a complete shock. As in his POV, he said that he always thought she'd love him). I tried to put this into the story in a subtle way. I don't think it succeeded though. - -'
  • In an A/N note somewhere in the previous chapters, I mentioned I'd tell you why exactly this won't be a tragedy.

    Well, think of it from an angle. It isn't a tragedy. Donghae left the world without any regrets. And as long as they think of each other, they will never be gone.

    So I won't be tagging it as a tragedy either. ^^

 

 

(Thank you guys SO MUCH for subscribing and staying with the story until now. It really means a lot to me.

Also, I couldn't end this story any other way. I'm sorry Donghae had to pass away, but according to me, that is what will make this story what it has been until now.

Thank you for giving it much love till the end. I hope people will continue to do that too ^^  *bows*

Oh, if anyone wants, I'd highly reccomend reading the manga, (Koikyoukusei) and the drama (Koikyoukusei TV Drama) ^^ I think you get it subbed in english in some J and K drama sites. (Don't really know cuz I've never watched the subbed ones)

[PS: this will be the very first and last sad story I will write. There were parts which got me really depressed = ='.

More romantic comedies for me, thanks very much. LOL]

^_^ Arigatou!)