-Ten-

Days with You

(ten)

 

 


 

“Haha, they’re saying they’re conserving energy by switching the electricity off for an hour every night.” Jin Hee laughed. Donghae chuckled.

 

“Well, great. Did you see the paper this morning?”

 

“What? No, why?” she asked, chewing on a cookie beside him. He patted the seat.

 

“Here, read it.” he handed that morning’s newspaper to her. Her eyes grew wide from seeing the headlines.

 

No more the Village of Fallen Stars!

In the past week, the people of the village have decided to throw away the present routine, going back to star gazing, and thus giving the village back it’s original name “The village of stars! The entire town has had an astronomical boom…

 

“Woah! That’s great! This has been continuing for about a week now…” she said, her voice trailing away.

 

Donghae was staring into space.

 

She put her hands on his shoulders.

 

“If we don’t hurry, someone else might snatch the star away.”

 

“Brat!”

 

“Hahahahaha!!”

 


 

Author's pov

 

Donghae was sitting up on his hospital bed, propped up by a lot of fluffy pillows. He was reading the paper again when he overheard some of the nurses and maids conversing.

 

“The stars were pretty last night too ne?”

 

“Yeah! It’s almost as if the entire town’s resurrected!”

 

“I feel really grateful to that high school girl now.”

 

That caught his ear. Curious, he got up and walked to the edge of the doorway, being careful not to show himself.

 

“Yeah. I thought she was being ridiculous telling us to turn it off for one night.”

 

“Excuse me!” Donghae finally asked, appearing at the doorway. “That girl you were talking about… what's her name?”

 

The nurse shrugged and smiled. “Who knows? All we know is that her father is the head of the planetarium…”

 

Donghae’s eyes widened in total shock.

 

“She was really desperate, groveling in the snow. She would beg and plead from door to door. She even went to the mayor to ask him.”

 

“Yes.” the maid near her nodded. “She said she wanted her treasured person to see the stars clearly, so much. So she wanted everyone to switch off the lights, so that the stars would be clearly visible. Touching isn't it?”

 

Donghae just stared and stared.

 

“Come to the roof Donghae! It’s amazing!”

 

“Jin Hee-ah…”

 

“That isn’t all.” a male voice sounded and Donghae turned around to see Eunhyuk walking up to him, angry.

 

“That telescope - Jin Hee used up all her money which she’d saved for Seoul, on that telescope.”

 

Eunhyuk grabbed Donghae by the collar.

 

“If you don’t try to desperately live now... I’ll kill you!”

 


 

 I want to see you now, 1 year later, 5 years later and 10 years later…

I want to see you always and al-ways from now, Donghae.

 


 

“Even though you’ve been rejecting it… are you sure Donghae-ssi?” asked the doctor.

 

“I’m sure. I want to have the operation.” Donghae sighed and smiled, a peaceful smile.

 

“Then… I’ll leave it to you.”

 

He remembered that night, when he had gazed into the telescope; he saw something he never expected to see…

 


 

“Dong-Hae~” Jin Hee called, looking around his room for him.

 

“Where is he, he’s not in his hospital room today…” she murmured and walked on searching for him.

 

“Donghae!” she suddenly saw him lying on the stretch-bed, eyes closed. “What’s wrong? Aren’t you feeling well?!”

 

Donghae opened his eyes and smiled reassuringly at her. “Anii, I’m okay. What’s that you’re carrying?”

 

“Eh, this? It’s the newspaper… I well um… you can see a lot of shooting stars tonight so that’s why I thought… with Donghae…” she fidgeted around, embarrassed.

 

Donghae chuckled. “Then, I need to do my best.”

 

“Huh?” Jin Hee looked confused.

 

“Because, I’ve got a 5 percent possibility right?” he said, still smiling. He took her hand in his.

 

It finally dawned on her, what he meant. He had finally consented to taking the operation.

 

“Right!”

 

“I’m going…” he said and still smiling at her, his hand slowly parted from hers.

 

“D-do your best!”

 

 

And the door shut.

 

“Currently Operating”

 


 

Author's Note

(So...it's a cliffhanger.

Days with You will come to an end tomorrow.

I feel kinda sad but...I can't stretch the story forever =='

I hope everything in the story has connected until now. I don't want to have any loose strings left. So I'll re-read it.

So...be patient guys ^^ and I hope you'll like this story on a whole after It comes to an end.)