Chapter 4

Seal It With A Kiss

~ L Joe's POV ~

"Oppa, what are you doing after school?" JanDi asked me during lunch.

"Nothing, why?"

"Do you mind coming with me to buy something?"

"What are you buying?"

"Well prom is tomorrow night and I don't have a dress." She nervously fidgeted.

"Fine." I sighed.

"Really? Oh thank you Oppa!"

"Yea, yea, yea just don't take the whole night." I rolled my eyes.

Once school ended JanDi ran up to me.

"Oppa, let's go!" We quickly got into my car and drove to the mall.

"So what type of dress are you looking for?"

"Simple, cute, not to formal, but not to casual."

"Goodness... Ok we should start looking now!" I sighed as she dragged me into a store.

A few minutes later I was sitting near the dressing room, waiting for JanDi to come out so I could see her outfit.

"To casual huh?" She asked me while she twirled around. I simply shrugged my shoulders. She quickly went back in the dressing room to try on another dress.

"Still to casual?" I gave a slight nod.

"So who are you going to prom with?" I curiously asked.

"No one. Just with a few friends." She shrugged.

"So you don't have a date? At all?"

"No." She walked back into the dressing room before I could continue asking questions.

"Ugh everything is to casual!" She pouted as she wore the third dress.

"How about this?" I pulled a simple blue dress off a rack and handed it to her. "I think it's pretty."

"If you say so. It won't hurt to try it on."

"It's perfect! Oh thank you Oppa!" She hugged me before continuing on with her cheering. "I don't know how to pay you back for finding the perfect dress!"

"Be my date to prom." She stopped cheering and looked at me with wide eyes. "Better yet, be my girlfriend."

"Uh what?"

"I'll take care of you, provide for you, and be there for you when you need me." I told her.

"Ok, but you have to seal it."

"Seal it?" I gave her a confused look as she giggled.

"Seal it with a kiss." She pointed to her lips while she simply smiled.

I leaned forward, making my lips inches away from hers. I could sense her tense up while she wait, but I never kissed her.

"What are you waiting for?" She asked me with a worried look on her face.

"Honestly, I'm not sure." I quickly walked out of the store before anything pressed on. Once I was out of the store I ran to the food court and sat down at an empty table.

Ugh what is wrong with you L Joe?! You should've just kissed her! What are you scared of?! Not being a good kisser?! You are such a loser!

I buried my head in my hands as I tried to stop the voices that shouted at me in my head.

"You can do this. Go back to the store and kiss her!" I stood up after talking to myself and marched over to the store that I left JanDi standing in, but when I went to the dressing rooms she wasn't there. I looked around, but couldn't find her. I scolded myself in my mind as I sat down on the chair I was previously in while JanDi was trying on dresses. A blue fabric caught my eye as I turned to my right. On the chair next to me was the dress JanDi thought was so perfect. I face palmed myself as my phone buzzed.

 

From: Chan Hee Hyung

To: L Joe

JanDi called me so I picked her up from the mall. I don't know what happened between you two, but her emotions seem everywhere. I'm dropping her off at her house and I suggest you come home now before MinSoo Hyung gets mad.

- Chunji

 

Ugh! Are you kidding me right now?!