Chapter 15 Hitting A Wall

The Last Song I Wrote for You

A/N: Since I got a good response, and I know you are eager to see his reaction. Here it is!

 

“Jung Jinyoung…” I said and felt my cheeks go brighter red.

 

“Hmm…” he said, amused.

 

I inhaled, closing my eyes in the process,  and

 

 “I like you and I’m falling deeply in love with you, Jung Jinyoung.”

 

In just one breath, it is over. My confession.

 

Opening my eyes, I glanced at his face.

 

He stood there frozen.

 

I just confessed. Finally, thank God.

 

I watched him closely and waiting for his reply.

 

He seems shocked. Well, I guess anybody would be shocked to hear a confession all of a sudden.

 

He still looked frozen standing there.

 

I can’t stand that for far too long. I need to hear a reply or anything, you know. Anything would do, just a word and the silence would drive me insane.

 

The silence stretched.

 

My heart beat drummed. My mind in a haze.

 

I laughed, nervously.

 

“You know, it would make me feel better if you say something.” I said followed by a nervous laugh.

 

After what I said, he seems to snap back to reality, like a bucket of cold water was splashed fully into his face.

 

His eyes grew large. Then he opened his mouth as if to say something and shutting it closed.

 

Once.

 

Twice.

 

Thrice.

 

I struggled not to laugh since for sure it would kill the moment. But really, he looks like a fish, his eyes like a saucer and opening his mouth and shutting it closed.

 

“I.. I..” he said, struggling for words. “I… I don’t know what to say.”

 

I let out a breath. I never thought that I was holding out my breath. Then I smiled, thinking that our roles now are reversed. A while ago, I was struggling to say something, for my brain to work. Now, he’s the one looking for words.

 

I giggled. “Well…” I dragged the moment. “What about a ‘Thank you’? That would be nice.” I said the same things he said to me a while ago.

 

He blushed furiously. I’m afraid that he’ll combust in a moment. He tried to hide his blush by putting his hand into his face.

 

I watched him closely, amused by his reaction.

 

Then he seemed to see my amused face and looked away, embarrassed.

 

He mumbled something. I didn’t hear it ‘cause his hand is muffling the sound.

 

“What?”

 

“Th-thank you.” He mumbled like a little kid. His face looks like cherry. His ears, too looks beet red. Then, his hand, that covers his face, is turning red too.

 

I turned sideways and grinned. Well, I haven’t got a reply but I love his reaction. (A/N: Ah… me too, don’t you agree??)

 

At the corner of my eyes, I saw him gulping. I ignored him, still amused by his reactions and replaying it into my mind.

 

Then, he blew into my ear.

 

I jumped, startled. I looked into him, crossly.

 

This time, it’s my turn to turn to be cherry red. My heart gallops and my knees are turning jelly.

 

He likes to turn tables.

 

I sit on the chair that’s near the piano. I really need something to support me. Something stable to calm my nerves.

 

He grinned, his blush is fading. Not fair.

 

He took my hand and looked into my eyes.

 

“Yoonshi, I..” he started.

 

“Jinyoung?” a female voice said.

 

I was quite hidden from the doorway by the grand piano. So, when I turned and leaned to look, I saw Lee Sara.

 

There’s a stabbing pain in my chest.

 

I looked into Jinyoung. He seems to be conflicted about something.

 

“Hey, Jinyoung.” Sara said, “But we need to go now. We’re in a hurry.”

 

Jinyoung looked at me, he looks like in pain.

 

Then, I heard Sara moved toward us. She took Jinyoung’s arm. She looked at me and was surprised to see me that I was actually sitting there the whole time.

 

“Hey,” she tugged Jinyoung’s arm “Let’s go.”

 

Jinyoung looked at my hand that he’s holding and then his eyes met mine.

 

“Sorry.” He said. And with that one word, he let go my hand and he let Sara dragged him.

 

My hand dropped into my lap. I stared now at the empty doorway where Jinyoung left with Sara.

 

Then my gaze shifted to my hand he held a while ago. I looked at it longingly, his warmth still lingers. Then, I saw teardrops falling into my hand.

 

Really? My first confession turned really bad. I smiled bitterly, still crying. I sobbed into my hands, then I caught a glint of silver.

 

His gift.

 

“It looks good on you.”

 

“Th-thank you.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

The stream of tears turned into a river one. I cried so hard that my shoulders began to shake and it’s so hard to breathe.

 

There’s still the stabbing pain in my heart.

 

A/N: *tears* What did I do? *tears* I'm sorry about that... It's turning into drama. m(_V_)m I'm really sorry. I know you're gonna hate me. But please continue to support and comment on what I need to do next!!  Lots of love and cherries! *still in tears*