Chapter 14 Charging Forward

The Last Song I Wrote for You

 

Crap! Where did my brain wander? Have I misplaced it somewhere? Or dropped along the way to school?

 

Seriously, how can I forget something big event such as the another exam before the Winter break?

 

There’s no way that I should let my studies to go down! My mom would kill me if I do that! I like studying and all, I kept my grades well… so it would be a shock to my parents if my grades flunk down, right?

 

That Wonk! Ha! I never thought that I’ll be calling him that again! I grinned evilly. Well, at least, I can call him that in my mind. Jung Jinyoung never went to school for a week. Then, our exams will be held the following week. Can you believe that? He got a lot of nerves!

 

I sighed, as I began to continue concentrate on my notes. Ah, the numbers began swirling in my sight.

 

Need to sleep.

 

I looked longingly at my bed. (A/N: I love my bed, especially on exam’s week~) Then my gaze shifted to the wall near my bed. I smiled to see the poster of Red. There’s a picture of a silver musical note.

 

I feel recharged and began to attack my notes, once again. Being a fangirl really has its advantages.

 

An hour later, I jumped lovingly to my bed and pulled my covers up.

 

Well, for sure, he’ll be there. He never misses the exams. Jung Jinyoung. I smiled to myself as I sleep.

 

**********

 

I began to stretch my neck to ease the tension. The class ends up early since it’s just the exam week. Really, this school likes to torture their students. The exams to all subjects are given in just two days, and just how many subjects do we have 12 at least. Aaaaaah… I’m really thankful that I haven’t gotten insane… yet.

 

I giggled and continued to bend sideways my neck. Finally, the exams are over… I’m free!! Just a little more and the school is over for this year!! I looked up to feel the air on my skin and closed my eyes.

 

“What’s so funny?” I heard a voice behind me.

 

I knew this voice really well. “Nothing.”

 

“Really?” I felt him sit beside me. My skin tingles at the mere presence of him.

 

I opened my eyes and looked at him. Jinyoung.

 

“Don’t look at me like that.” He said, there’s a twinkle in his eyes. He looks so boyish.

 

I continued looking at him, questioningly.

 

“I did fine during the exams. And there are some troubles on the business that I have to take a leave at school.”

 

“I’m not asking so you don’t need to tell me anything.”

 

“Let’s say that it finally became an obligation.”

 

“Well, you are not obliged to do so.”

 

“Really, then a habit.”

 

I pouted.

 

He laughed and mussed my hair.

 

“AH!” he exclaimed after ending his fits of laughter.

 

“What is it?” I asked, creating order on the chaos he done to my hair.

 

“I forgot something.”

 

“Well, you can get it when we get back to the room.” I said, patting my hair.

 

“Right…” he murmured, seems in a deep thought.

 

Watching him, I made the biggest decision of my high school life. I’m gonna confess to him what I really feel. After all, I might not see him this school break.

 

“Jinyoung…”

 

“Yes?” he answered me, still in the bottom of his ocean thought.

 

“Could we meet after school at the music room?”

 

“The music room?” he repeated. “That’s… perfect. I’ll meet you there.”

 

Then, the school bell rang.

 

*******

 

I never thought that I’ll be so nervous that my hands will begin to shake. This started happening since the last class are about to end.

 

Now, having my own way to the music room and dragging the moment before entering, I feel the beating of my heart twice faster, and my palms began to sweat.

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Please, get over with it!! Yoonshi! Don’t be a coward.

 

“Ah, I’ve been waiting for you.” He said, standing up and walking towards me.

 

My breathing stopped.

 

“Come inside. I got something for you.” He took my hand and dragged me inside.

 

He took a silver box from the grand piano and handed it to me.

 

I acted like I was on auto-pilot. My body just moved according on its own. My hands took it and carefully opened the lid.

 

My jaw dropped.

 

Inside the box was a beautiful silver musical note, like the real one on Red’s poster.

 

“I… I…” I stuttered. Really, brain? You need to work! Right now, would you? “I don’t know what to say.” What the heck? That’s all you can come up with?

 

He chuckled.  “Well,” he said, thinking “What about ‘Thank you’? That would be nice.” He said while smiling.

 

“I… I… Thank you.” I said, with a bright red tomato face.

 

“Here, let me put it to your neck.” He took the necklace and began putting it on my neck. He’s standing again dangerously close to me. Just a few inches is the distance between us. Oh no, we’re so close. Could he feel the drumming of my heart? Could he feel the heat from my cheeks? I’m sure even my neck is now bright red as well. I shivered as I felt his touch. It sends tingle to my spine and I felt my knees gone weak.

 

I inhaled deeply. Right now is a good chance, I thought. This will be a ‘now or never’ chance. Must take it or else I’ll regret it later. I don’t like that.

 

“It looks good on you.” He said, looking at me closely.

 

“Jung Jinyoung…” I said and felt my cheeks go brighter red.

 

“Hmm…” he said, amused.

 

I inhaled, closing my eyes in the process,  and

 

 “I like you and I’m falling deeply in love with you, Jung Jinyoung.”

 

In just one breath, it is over. My confession.

 

Opening my eyes, I glanced at his face.

 

He stood there frozen.

 

A/N: Happy New Year!! This is my present for you, my awesome subscribers!! Comment! and share the love to the whole wide world(My motto for this year, maybe :D) Lots of love!!