Chapter 11 Sweet Opportunity

The Last Song I Wrote for You

 

Is my decision correct?

 

No, I shouldn't ask like that. It is correct. It is what is right.

 

I wasn't able to face him last Friday. I seriously avoided him. And I still continue to avoid him when I see him on Monday.

 

And I will continue so if only it wasn't that obvious. Until Jinyoung and I met at the music room.

 

I really want to run away and never faced him. But I can't do that. Jinyoung didn't know what I feel for him and we're still friends.

 

Jinyoung was sitting at the same spot I saw him before, far away from the grand piano holding his black, battered notebook. He noticed me standing at the corridor and I can't believe what I saw, his whole face lit up and he smiles at me. My heart betrayed me since it keeps beating really hard. I reluctantly moved closer to him.

 

Hey” he said, smiling brightly at me.

 

I didn't say anything, afraid to say something that later I'll regret. I just looked at him.

 

I'm sorry.” he said as he moved towards me. “Something came up at home and I got to fix it. And I was going to tell it to you last Friday but you leave early.” He smiled, apologetically.

 

I looked up to him. And there!! The popular butterfly flattering happily in my stomach!! Gosh!! I quickly looked away, avoiding his gaze.

 

Why are you telling me this?” I asked him.

 

He grinned. “I'm telling 'coz I know later you'll be pestering me!” He said, then he ruffled my hair.

 

The promise that I made is so easy to break when I am with him.

 

And since you won't forgive me with just that. I'll play something for you.” he said, taking my hand and pulling me towards the grand piano.

 

He played the “You're My Girl” (B1A4). He keeps looking at me and I can't help but stare at him.

 

After playing the song, he grinned, “Forgive me?”

 

Shut up! It's not like I'm mad at you.” I said, shoving him away. Then, I stood up and left him.

 

The, next few days, I deliberately avoided him.

 

No snack together, no lunch together. It's not that hard, it is just simply painful.

 

And it seems the weather is agreeing with my emotion. It is stormy. And my umbrella got lost. How unlucky.

 

I was standing at the entry way to the school building. Being miserable. Thinking about Red. And admitting to myself that I'm always thinking of Jung Jinyoung.

 

This things, being heartbroken and all, never happened to me when I thought myself in love with Red.

 

I looked up at the sky, filled with black clouds and it look likes that the rain won't stop for at least a few hours. I sighed, really agreeing with me.

 

Hopeless, I leaned towards the wall. I guess I'll wait until the rain stops even it get dark.

 

Then I heard someone opened up his umbrella.

 

Yoonshi. I'll walk you home.” a low, somewhat cold voice said.

 

I suddenly stood straight and faced him. Jung Jinyoung.

 

No, you don't need to.” I said.

 

It will be dark soon and the rain will continue to pour. Let's go.” he said, and held out his hand. “Don't be stubborn!” he said, irritated and took my hand. Jinyoung smiled, as he held my hand.

 

I closed my eyes. If he continues being this sweet and kind, it will be impossible to fall out of love with him.

 

Alright, let's go.” I said, looking up to him. There's no way to escape him, and denying myself the sweet opportunity.

 

A/N: Vote and comment, onegai??