Chapter 9 A Date (Part 2)

The Last Song I Wrote for You

 

We walked together to the part of new musicians. Then I saw Red's name.

 

So it is here.” I said as I looked around the area. As expected, there's no picture of him. There's only the lyrics and the music instrument he used. There are the grand piano, electric keyboard, acoustic guitar, and the electric guitar.

 

It seems so empty.” I said, a bit disappointed.

 

Jinyoung said nothing.

 

Then I looked around and saw the last song in his latest album framed in the wall. I came closer to it and read it slowly and carefully. I felt my tears welling up in my eyes. “It's really sad.”

 

Jinyoung move closer to me. “What is it?”

 

That this is his last song. He gave too much love to his first love and that he actually made the most romantic confession by releasing his songs from his year of one-sided love.” I giggled and then sigh, “But it ended too soon. He can't continue now. His first love ended and it hurt him so badly.”

 

My tears now continue to flow from my eyes. I tried to stop it but it is unstoppable.

 

Oh, how I wish that – that he didn't stop singing.”

 

Why?” he whispered in my ear.

 

Because singing and music are part of his life. I realized it the first time I heard his songs, his love for music, his need to be heard, to spread his talent to everyone. But his dream was shattered.” I said and sighed.

 

There was silence, as we both absorbed what I said. Jinyoung was standing behind me, so dangerously near. Could he hear my heart beats so loudly? I kept my head low and stared at my shoes, this way he won't notice my blush, right?

 

He must fall in love again.” I whispered.

 

What?”

 

I said he must fall in love---” I said, louder this time and facing him. He was leaning and his face is way too close to my own. Our noses is barely inches apart. And he was intently looking at my face. I looked away and quickly moved away.

 

He must fall in love again,” I said again, irritated that my voice was kinda shaky and I swear that my face is now burning. I can't face him yet, not with this face as red as tomato. I acted as if studying a musical piece then continued explaining what I said earlier “In that way, he'll quickly learn that love can bring also joy to his heart as well as he'll be reunited to his passion, music.”

 

I took a deep breath and faced him. He looked shocked but then his facial expression gradually changed into a genuine smile. The smile that I swear that million of girls will go crazy and will dream into their sleep. And you are so lucky, Park Yoonshi, you are able to keep it for yourself.

 

Jinyoung moved and he got himself a handkerchief. “You look terrible.” he said, and he gently wipe my tear-stained face. “You always keep surprising me.”

 

Then, he continued to smile at me.

 

I stared at him. My heart skip a beat. And this thing happens quite a lot this day, whenever I'm with Jinyoung.

 

Come on,” he said and held my hand. We went outside to the park. Jinyoung bought ice cream for both of us. It was one of my favorite, the strawberry yogurt sundae.

 

Thank you.” I said after receiving my ice cream. I smiled.

 

And then I looked around, there are couples everywhere!! I blushed. Do we look like a couple? I watched Jinyoung. He is back to his cheerful self. He seems much more relax and he smiles a lot. And that put too much pressure to my poor heart. He turned and saw me looking at me. He smiled and my heart gallops. I hurriedly return eating my ice cream.

 

Hey, Yoonshi.” he said, after a while.

 

Hmm...” I replied, I'm concentrating on eating my ice cream.

 

Thank you.”

 

I looked up and stared at him. “For what?” I asked, confused.

 

For everything.” he said and smiled. Then the smile turned to evil grin as I continue to stare at him. “For looking very dumb.”

 

WHAT??!!” I asked, incredulous. Then he laughed so hard.

 

When I got home, I'm so happy. And I just can't wait to see him on Monday.

 

A/N: Got a poster yesterday. And I'm sorry for updating only today. There's a trouble with my connection yesterday. Anyway, guys thank you for supporting this and I hope you continue on reading it and commenting!! ^^