What Just Happened???

Not So Prince Charming 2: Will You Marry Me?

I walked up to Minki’s front door with the flowers I had bought. I knocked a few times and after a while the door opened. Without thinking, I held up the flowers, hiding my reddened face. “Happy anniversary!!” I announced.

“For me?? Aww~ you shouldn’t have!” Wait a minute… that isn’t Minki’s voice. “But if I accept, Kibum oppa might get angry.” I lowered the flowers and chocolates to see Kyu-Mi standing at the door smiling at me.  “Annyoung!” She greeted with a small wave.

“Kyu-Mi… What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Discussing stuff with Minki…” I froze. Oh no! Do they already know about the engagement? Kyu-Mi must know because Kibum knows! He must have told her and Kyu-Mi can’t keep secrets! She could have told Minki. “You know, just because your father approved of the two of you dating, doesn’t mean you can actually be late for a date.”

“R-right…” I stuttered. “I-I’m sorry…”

“It’s not me you should be apologizing to.”

“Stop tormenting my boyfriend.” Minki said, finally appearing at the door and pushing Kyu-Mi out of the way.

“Minki, I am so sorry I’m late!!” I apologized. “I had some things--”

“It’s fine!” She said, cutting me off. “Are you ready to go?”

“I’m ready if you are.” I said, gesturing towards the car. She smiled and turned to Kyu-Mi.

“I’ll be home soon.” She said. “You girls behave and don’t break anything.”

“No promises.” Kyu-Mi joked. We made our way to the car and I opened the door for her, then jumped in the car and drove to the aquarium where we had our first date. She smiled as we walked into the aquarium and watched as the fish and turtles swam around. We finally ended up at a table that was lit by candle light and was decorated with flowers.

“It’s so pretty.” Minki commented.

“It’s a special night.” I said. “I want it to be perfect.” After eating dinner and talking for a bit, I was getting more and more nervous about proposing. What if she saw the posts Jessica put up? Would she turn me down? I should just wait until this marriage whole thing blows over. No! I love Minki and if we have to leave Korea in order to get married, then that is something I’m willing to do. As I argued with myself, Minki looked up at me and giggled. “Are you okay?” She asked. I nodded and pushed the negative thoughts out of my head as I finally made my decision.

“Minki-ah…” I called. “You know I love you right?”

“Ne…”

“And I chose to love only you for the rest of my life.”

“What do you mean?” I smiled and reached into my pocket.

“Minki will you…” Oh no! Where is it? I searched through my pockets frantically, but I couldn’t find the ring!

“What is it?” Minki asked, looking extremely curious.

“Nothing!” I nearly shouted, making her jump a bit. “I-I’ll be right back!” I jumped up from my chair and made my way to the car keeping my eyes on the ground to be sure I didn’t drop it. “Where could it be?? How could I be so careless??”

“Looking for this?” A voice asked. I looked up to see Jessica standing before me holding up her hand with Minki’s ring around her finger.

“Yah!!” I said, pointing at the ring. “Where did you get that?”

“I found it on the ground in front of your house.” She explained.

“What were you doing at my house??”

“I wanted to spend some time with you but your mom said you weren’t home. That’s when I found the ring and a sticky note that said ‘Aquarium. 7:00’.”

“Give it to me. It’s not for you.”

“But the box said, ‘To my future wife, from Jonghyun.’”

“It’s not meant for you.”

“But I’m your future wife.”

“No, you’re not! I told you, I’m not going to marry you!!”

 “Oppa?” I turned around to see Minki walking towards us. “Is everything okay?” She asked as she turned her attention to Jessica. “Oh hello…” She greeted with a bow. Oh no!! This is not how I imagined they would meet! I didn’t want her to know about Jessica at all! What do I do??

“Uh…  Hey Minki!” I started. “T-this is--” Jessica cut me off by pulling me towards her and linking our arms together.

“I’m Princess Jessica.” She said. “Prince Jonghyun’s fiancé.” Minki showed no emotion. Oh no! The calm before the storm! She’s going to explode like an active volcano! But as I waited for the fireworks, it never came. Instead Minki smiled brightly. “It’s very nice to meet you.”

Wait…. What? Did I just hear what I thought I heard? Jessica smiled and said, “It’s nice to meet you too. May I ask who you are?”

“Yoo Minki…” Minki said. “I’m Prince Jonghyun’s…” She trailed off, thinking about what she was going to say next. She looked at me and smiled. “Fan.” She said. Fan?

“You don’t seem surprised by our engagement.” I stated, trying to figure out why she was so calm.

“Should I be?” She asked. I glared in disbelief.  “I heard about you engagement on the internet.” She continued. I knew it!! “Congratulations.” Minki finished.

“Thank you!!” Jessica said happily. “What a wonderfully loyal fan.” She turned to me and pulled on my arm. “Let’s go into the aquarium now.”

“You go first…” I told her. “I want to talk to my ‘fan’ for a while.”

“Okay… But don’t take too long.” She walked away and I continued to stare at Minki. When Jessica was out of earshot, Minki smiled at me.

“She seems nice.” She said.

“I guess…” I said, continuing to stare.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“What’s wrong?!” I asked. “How could you just stand there and congratulate some random girl who ‘assumes’ she’s my fiancée?”

“But she is your fiancée…”

“T-technically yes… but I--”

“Jonghyun… it’s okay.”

“No it’s not! You don’t get it! I don’t even want to get married to Jessica!”

“I know…” I gave her questioned look and she smiled. “Your father called and told me everything. He apologized countless times and it took me a while to process everything, but when I did, I accepted it.”

“What?”

“You can’t change the royal councils mind. Your engagement is basically set in stone, you can’t take it back.”

“I can try!”

“I don’t want you to!!” I was in shock. Her voice was bitter and angry, somehow I knew she didn’t really want me to get married, it was just something she had to deal with. “I’ve told you many times before that you have a duty to the people of Korea--”

“And I’ve told you that I don’t want to be king if you aren’t the one standing right next to me when I am crowned!” Minki didn’t even want to look at me as she tried to hold in her tears. I walked up to her, putting her hands in mine and sighed. “I want you and only you.” She wiped away a few tears from her cheek.

“I can’t do this anymore…”

“I thought you said you loved me and you wanted to see me happy.” She glared at me.

“I do love you Jonghyun.” I smiled lightly, grateful that Minki finally understood. “But I can’t keep dodging the media and hiding from fan girls just to make you happy. What about my happiness?”

“W-we’ll leave.” I stuttered, trying with all my might to convince her to stay with me. But she refused to let this go.

“I don’t want to be accused of things again. I’m tired of it!” Instantly I was speechless. I couldn’t do anything anymore, she had made up her mind and it wasn’t something I could argue with. This time, my tears had escaped and I couldn’t stop them. Minki turned away and took a deep breath. “I have to go.”

“Please don’t.” I begged.

“I’m so sorry.” She whispered as she placed a small kiss on my cheek and walked away. I watched as she hurried down the road.

“MINKI!!” I called, but she ignored me. “YOO MINKI!!” I tried once more, falling to my knees as she disappeared into the night. “Please don’t leave me…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so upset................. with myself. >:p I was bragging about how I'm updateing regularly and I end up slacking off and not posting a recent chapter after a month. T~T I'm sorry... I've been busy with school AND I'm trying to look for a job. *Sigh* life after high school is so crazy! Anyway, to make it up to you guys I have decided to post two chapters! Hope you enjoy them!!! Comments are appreciated! ^^*