Thinking About Marriage

Not So Prince Charming 2: Will You Marry Me?

I barged into my father’s office where I found him pacing back and forth. Once he got a glimpse of me, his eyes watered and he put his hand to his mouth. “It’s you…” He said, walking towards me and placing his hands on my face. “It’s really you.” I moved his hands away.

“How could you do this?” I asked.

“I don’t--”

“Excuse me…” I turned around to see Minki walking into the office.

“YOU?!” My father yelled, causing her to jump. “What are you doing here?!”

“I wanted to talk to you--” She started.

“Like hell you are!!!” My father said, pulling me behind him. “Stay away from my son!” He picked up the phone and dialed 911. I took the phone out of his hand and threw it to the ground, smashing it to pieces in front of Minki. My father looked at me with wide eyes. “What are you doing?”

“YOU’RE RUINING MY LIFE!!!” I bellowed.

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t you understand that I want to be with Minki!? She is the reason I went to New York! She is the reason I turned down the title of King and gave it to Kibum! And if you send her to jail, she’ll be the reason I’d be in jail right beside her!” I was so angry, I thought I was going to flip something. My father’s gaze shifted from Minki to me.

“May I say something?” Minki asked, filling the silence with her sweet voce. My father stared at her, his face filled with anger. “I know you think I took Jonghyun away from you and I know you must be very angry with me, but I don’t care.” I looked at her with wide eyes and I could tell that my father was just as surprised, Minki smiled at me. “I love Jonghyun and I want to be with him as much as he wants to be with me.” She turned her attention back to my father. “I don’t want to take him away from you or Mrs. Kim nor do I want to deprive him from being King. Like you, I want to see him happy. And keeping him away from me doesn’t seem to make either of us happy…” My father was not looking at her. Instead he was looking at the floor. “All I’m asking… is that you give me chance.”

Silence returned as my father continued to stare at the floor. You could literally hear a pin drop. Finally, my father let out a long, stressed-out sigh then cleared his throat. “This isn’t easy for me to say but…” My heart pounded at my chest, threatening to escape with every word he said. “I guess… I could give you a chance.” My heart stopped. “I know that I judged you too quickly and I am sorry. I can see that you two really care for each other and--” Before he could finish, I threw my arms around him and gave him a great big hug. I could tell that he was surprised, because it took him some time to hug me back.

“Thank you so much!!” I said, pulling away from him. “You won’t regret it, I promise!”

“Right… well…” He stuttered as he fought back tears. Understandable, it’s been a while since I’ve given him a proper hug. “You have to know that this won’t be a walk in the park. You must deal with the press and rumors that are being spread about Minki.”

“I already thought of that. Thank you again appa!!” I was so grateful, I could not stop bowing. Minki bowed as well, thanking him several times before pulling me out of the office. “I can’t believe you convinced my father to let us date.” I said.

“Neither can I.” She giggled. We walked up to Minho and Eunji, who were still waiting by their bikes.

“So?” Minho said.

“How did it go?” Eunji asked.

“I thought you guys would have left by now.” I commented.

“Well we would have, but when Minki went in to talk to your father, we had to wait for the outcome.” Minho explained.

“Now stop changing the subject and tell us what happened.” Eunji urged.

“Let’s just say I can take Minki out on a date without my father sending out a search party to look for me.” I explained.

“So what you’re saying is…” Minho started.

“He approved!?” Eunji asked excitedly. Minki and I nodded, the screech that came from Eunji was overbearing. I’m sure the whole neighborhood heard her. “I can’t believe this!” She screamed, throwing her arms around Minki and I. “Congratulations!!!”

“My goodness Eunji…” Minki said. “I didn’t expect you to be so excited.”

“Of course I’m excited! This is huge for the two of you!”

“Well… It’s not like we’re getting married.” Those six words hit me like a ton of bricks. Did this mean that she didn’t want to get married? My heart began to race at the thought of her rejecting my proposal.

“Well it’s definitely something to think about right?” I asked. Eunji, Minki and Minho all gave me surprised look. I cleared my throat and Minki smiled.

“Yeah…” Minki giggled. “It is something to think about.” My heart fluttered at those words. She laughed at my expression and wrapped her arms around my waist, giving me a gentle and loving hug. “I think it’s time I go home.” She said kissing me lightly. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“I hope so…” I said. “I mean, I is our anniversary tomorrow.”

“Right!” She said. “Where are you planning on taking me?”

“It’s a surprise.” She nodded, gave me one last kiss and made her way to the back of Eunji’s bike. They took off down the road and turned the corner. Minho walked up to me patted my back then lead me into the house. It was settled. Tomorrow I was going to propose to Minki.

**The Next Day**

I woke up early and went out shopping for everything I needed for my date with Minki. I got Minki some flowers and myself a new outfit so that I could look good for my proposal. When I arrived home, I noticed an unfamiliar car parked in our driveway.

“Appa…” I called, taking off my jacket and hanging it up. “Whose car is out--”

“JONGHYUN-AH!!!!” A female voice screamed as she threw her arms around me, nearly knocking me down. “It’s so great to see you!!!” She pulled away from me and I frowned. She had long, wavy blonde hair. She had the face of a doll, but she also looked a bit arrogant and cold. “Omo! You bought me flowers??” She said, snatching the bouquet out of my hands. “How sweet!”

I quickly snatched it back and she stared at me with wide eyes. “Who are you?” I asked angrily.

“Oh Jonghyun…” she giggled, hitting my shoulder lightly. “You’re so funny!” I continued to stare at her, expressionless, so that she knew I wasn’t joking. “It’s me Jessica.” I said nothing. She sighed, rolled her eyes and said the three words that made my heart stop, “I’m you’re fiancé.”

“WHAT?!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi~ I just realized that I've been updateing more than I usually do. That's a good thing right? Lol LIKE THE POSTER?!?! Thanks to --macaroon_kiss at Macaroon Graphics, I finally got my poster! YAY~ now to answer some comments:

-Animeotakupooh: I’m glad you’re getting into the story. I’m sure the king annoys everyone lol I am also glad her friends are back.

-ElmoBrew: Aww~ Thank you for loving my story! I lub you!!! ^^~<3 haha

-KimAmina: Yeah~ the king seems to be irritating everyone! Hopefully he gets better.

Thanks for your comments! They give me inspiration and motivation to continue this story. I hope you all liked this chapter! Comments are appreciated. ^^*