Everyone Knows?!

Not So Prince Charming 2: Will You Marry Me?

“You’re Princess Jessica?” I asked. “The girl everyone thinks I’m marrying?”

“You mean, the girl you are marrying.” Jessica stated. I really couldn’t understand what was going on. How could this be happening? I just got my life back yesterday and now I’m back to square one. “Where is my father?” I asked.

“He should be in the study with my father.” Jessica said with a smile. I grabbed her wrist and marched down the hall into my father’s study to find him and another man talking. Once I walked in, they both stood up. “Jonghyun…” My father called, sadness and guilt written all over his face. “Is something wrong?” Hmph, as if he didn’t already know.

“What is the meaning of this?” I asked, holding Jessica up by her arm as if she was some sort of rag doll. She quickly snatched her hand back and glared at me.

“Is that any way to treat your future wife?” She asked.

“Will you stop saying that!?” I asked, a few seconds from exploding. “I just met you a few seconds ago!” She rolled her eyes and I turned to my father. “Can you please explain to me what is going on??” He sighed and gestured to the man standing at the other end of his desk.

“I would like you to meet Mr. Jung.” He said. The man walked up to me and smiled as he grabbed my hand and shook it vigorously.

“It is an honor to finally meet you.” He said gesturing towards Jessica. “I see you’ve already met my daughter. We’re both very excited about your marriage this December.” December? That was three months from now.

“May I speak with my father alone for a moment?” I asked.

“Yes, of course.” Mr. Jung said as he walked out of my father’s study, taking Jessica with him. When he closed the door behind him, I began pacing back and forth.

“This can’t be happening!!” I grumbled, turning to my father. “I thought you were going to give Minki a chance!!”

“I tried my best to talk him out of it, but it was too late.”

“What do you mean?”

“I arranged for you to marry Jessica way before you met Minki. Yesterday, after being convinced, I tried to get the royal council to cancel the marriage, but they thought it was ridiculous to cancel a wedding that was only three months away.”

“Well did you tell them that I renounced my title as King and gave it to Kibum?”

“Yes… but they insisted that if you have returned to Korea, you are the rightful king.” I was at a loss for words. Kibum was so excited about being king, he must be really upset. “Mr. Jung and Jessica came to get more information about the wedding,” My father continued. “But before I could tell him anything, you came barging in.” I groaned in defeat. My father placed a hand on my shoulder. “I’m so sorry son… I really did try.” I could tell that he was sincere about his apology.

“Thanks appa…” I said, patting his back.

“Are you going to tell Minki?” My father asked. I hadn’t thought about that. I was too busy trying to figure out a way to get out of this random marriage.

“I don’t know.” I told him. He nodded slowly, as if regretting everything that had happened today. “I have to go… I’ll talk to you later.” I said, walking out of his study. Jessica and her father were standing at the entrance, waiting to be asked back in. I bowed low and smiled the fakest smile. “It was really nice to meet the both of you. Now if you would excuse me, I have to be somewhere.” I pushed my way passed them, but Jessica grabbed my hand and turned me right around.

“Where are you going?” She asked.

“Why do you want to know?” I asked, my tone becoming harsh.

“I think I have a right to know where you are going.” She said, folding her arms. I scoffed.

“We’re not married yet.” With that said, I made my way to my room leaving her shocked and fuming. I needed a few minutes alone to think before my date with Minki. How was I supposed to tell her about this? I shook my head and opened my laptop to send an Email to Kibum. Luckily he was already online, so I sent him and IM.

King Jong: Hey!
Drama_key: Hey…
King Jong: Did you hear the news?
Drama_key: Yeah. I can’t believe you didn’t tell me!
King Jong: I’m really sorry.
Drama_key: You shouldn’t be apologizing to me, you should be apologizing to Minki.
King Jong: What are you talking about??
Drama_key: Your engagement to Jessica. I’m sure Minki is pretty upset.
King Jong: Where did you hear that?
Drama_key: Are you kidding? It’s all over the internet.
King Jong: WHAT???!!!
Drama_key: Yeah… apparently Jessica posted it all over the place. Her fan site, her twitter, her facebook…

I can’t believe this!

King Jong: I have to go. I’ll talk to you later.

I slammed my laptop closed, not even waiting for his reply and ran down to the living room. Jessica was at the bottom of the stairs, smiling at me. “What is wrong with you?!” I asked.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“You posted our engagement on your twitter!!”

“Don’t forget my fan sites and facebook.”

“Why would you do that?!”

“I want everyone to know that I am about to marry the most handsome man in the world.”

“I’m not going to marry you!” Her smile faded and her eyes became dark and scary. She looked like she was about to kill someone.

“We are getting married!” She said coldly. “Whether you like it or not.” Before I could say anything else, her father walked up behind her.

“It’s time to go princess.” He said, then turned his attention to me. “It was nice meeting you Jonghyun.” He bowed low and I did the same. Jessica smiled and waved as they left. I let out an angry sigh. I can’t believe she would do that! What if Minki was to hear about this?

I looked at the time on the grandfather clock and saw that it was already 6:30. I’m going to be late for my date with Minki! I ran to my room and began getting ready. ‘This is all Jessica’s fault!’ I thought. ‘This is the worst time to hear about a long time, secret engagement.’ I took out the ring and stared at it.

What am I going to do now?