Someone's Leaving

Tired of Waiting

 

As Nichkhun walked to the school gates, he heard Eunchae's loud voice and ran up to her and the rest of the girls.

"Yah, I heard Dongwoon piggy-backed you home yesterday. Why didn't you call and tell us?" Eunsung asked her cousin.

"Hey guys," Nichkhun interrupted, without his usual bright and cheery expression. 

Soojung picked up his different tone and replied, "Is something wrong, Khun?"

The girls also noticed and asked him similar questions like, "Why the long face?" Nichkhun put on a fake smile and told them he was fine, just not well that day.

Eunchae continued the conversation they had before with her booming voice, "So, what happened in detention yesterday? Yoseob told Eunsung that Dongwoon gave you a piggy-back home".

"Yeah, Kikwang told me to. Soojung, we want details", Minjung chimed in with curiosity. Soojung just stared at them all and explained that it was nothing and they weren't even friends. She added that he was a jerk. After hearing this, Nichkhun felt relieved. He knew Soojung had no feelings for him and he should forget about her but something pulled him back. Nichkhun believed he had a chance. He was going to try again and if he won't succeed, he'll stop forever.

"Guys, I'm heading to the sports area. See ya later", Nichkhun said and ran off. Soojung was surprised to see Nichkhun playing sports in the morning when school haven't started yet, he usually followed her around and talked until the bell rang for homeroom. 

"Since when did Khun play sports in the morning? He rarely participates in school sports unless it's PE cos he wants a good report", Soojung questioned her friends and cousin. 

Eunchae responded the quickest, "There were tryouts for most sport teams yesterday, a lot of boys joined. I think the new Beast guys did too. They joined soccer, basketball and swimming. Let's go to the sports area, I think Nichkhun joined basketball. He usually likes badminton though.. Whatever, I just want to see my lovely Yunho". Yes, Yunho from the popular group, The Rising Gods of the East and Changmin's best friend. And no, Eunchae was not dating Yunho-sunbae, she could only dream of him. She had the biggest crush on him since seventh grade but she couldn't do anything but dream. 

When the girls got to the sports area, they took a seat at the closest bench and just watched. The first thing that caught Soojung's eyes were the basketball team. She had never seen Nichkhun like this before, he was so focused. Usually, he would have noticed her and the girls but he didn't. He was actually really good, no one had expected the pretty boy to play basketball that good. The next thing that Soojung had noticed was Dongwoon, he was also very into the game.

Meanwhile, Changmin stopped playing and diverted his gaze to Soojung. He was disappointed as she did not take her eyes off Dongwoon and Nichkhun. He just stared at her for a while until she turned her head and their eyes met. They were soon interrupted when the ball had rolled to where she was sitting. Changmin, Nichkhun and Dongwoon all ran for the ball. Soojung picked it up as it was right in front of her and handed it to the person closest to her, Changmin. "Thanks", he mumbled and the bell rang.

 

AFTER SCHOOL

"Soojung!" Nichkhun called while catching up to her. She turned around and greeted him.

"I haven't seen you for almost the whole day today even though you're in my class. Why so quiet today?" she said.

Nichkhun replied, "I kind of felt sick today, that's all. Can I walk you home today? I'm going to Thailand for a while and I'm leaving tomorrow".

"Jinja? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Didn't you just join the basketball team though? Are you going for a holiday or what? Is there a problem? Is it your family? Want me to come to see you off tomorrow? Aren't you going to miss us? AND a lot of work?" she attacked him with all sorts of questions.

"Yes, I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll be back before you know it, don't worry. My parents are making me stay there for a while and I have to bring work from school there too. It's okay, I'll have to wake up really early for the flight anyway, you don't need to come", Nichkhun said and they walked home.

 

When they arrived at Soojung's house, she gave him a hug and waved. Nichkhun made his way home backwards, waving back to her until he was out of her sight. Soojung was going to miss him, he was one of her bestest friends and she had this feeling he was leaving her for a really long time.

 

"Nichkhun, are you sure you want to go? Have you said goodbye to your friends and told the school yet?" Mr. Horvejkul asked his sixteen year old son.

"Neh, Appa. I have decided to go, I just want some time to think and relax. I'll be back soon, don't worry about me", Nichkhun replied and went to his room to pack for tomorrow.

 

"Yeoboseyo?" Minjung said over the phone.

"Minjung-ah, Nichkhun is leaving for Thailand tomorrow morning. Did he tell you?" Soojung questioned her friend.

Minjung gasped and replied, "Jinja?! Wae he no tell me? Let's go and see him off tomorrow and call Sung and Chae to come too!"

 

SHHHHHHHBHBSHHSSSSHHH (Aeroplane landing sounds at the airport LOL)

After hearing the man on the speakers call the passengers to line up to give their tickets and show their passports, Nichkhun trudged his way there. While waiting, he stood there and played with a keyring on his luggage.

"YAH! KHUN!" He heard and turned around to see his friends, Soojung, Eunsung, Eunchae and Minjung. He was so surprised.

Nichkhun smiled and they all ran to him for a hug. "Khun, why didn't you tell us? Am I not your friend?" Eunsung asked, pretending to be angry.

"Ani, aniyo. I just didn't want to bother you guys and make you come all the way here", he defended himself.

"OMO, you're going to have to go soon! We'll miss you, Khunnie. Come back soon okay? SKYPE US!" Eunchae yelled.

"I will, see ya soon guys", Nichkhun said and gave Soojung one last hug. 

The other girls stood there and watched while Minjung made the peace sign with her fingers.

When Nichkhun was out of sight, the girls decided to go out for some coffee.

 

The girls stepped into a cute cafe and sat down. "Minjung-ah, you never order. You can do it today for us.You know what we want right? Just the usual", Eunsung said and smiled from ear to ear.

"But I've never been here! Whatever, I'll do it. You're ordering next time Soojung", she said and went off to order the drinks.

"Hi, what would you like?" The waiter said, not looking up from his book that he was reading.

"Uhh.. one hot chocolate, one iced cocoa cappuccino, one chai tea latte and a Tim Tam chocolate chiller please", Minjung mumbled.

How rude, they should fire this guy. He doesn't even look up when greeting customers, he should be bowing. Minjung thought.

"Yes, please wait at your seat and.. hey Minjung, do you remember me? Hello? I'm in your Maths class and you helped me", Kikwang said when he noticed her. 

"Oh.. hey! You work here? Cool", she didn't know what else to say and was turning into a tomato. "Okay, I'll wait with my friends", Minjung blurted and walked back to the table. That was so embarrassing. Minjung-ah, how could you not have notice him? Otteoke? He's soooo cute.

"Minjung, what happened? You're so red! Hey isn't that Kikwang?" Eunsung asked and then saw him coming with the drinks.

Kikwang smiled brightly at them and placed their drinks on the table, "Enjoy your drinks. Minjung, can you come here for a while? I need help with Maths homework", he said to her.

"Sure, I'm happy to help", she replied shyly and followed him. 

"Yah, Park girls, do you think something's going on between them? They're so cute!" Eunchae squealed a little too loud so everyone in the cafe looked at them

"Yeah, what a cute couple. I just noticed that they're both wearing navy and white", Eunsung stated.

"THEY'RE MEANT FOR EACH OTHER!" Soojung screamed and covered as soon as she realised Kikwang and Minjung looking back at them. She waved and smiled cheekily to them.

 

"Soojung! Princess, you have to wake up for school", Mr.Park called from outside her room.

"Five more minutes, Appa!" she said and continued sleeping. After half an hour, she woke up and looked at her phone. Aish! I'm going to be late, that didn't even feel like thirty minutes! She thought and ran into the bathroom.

After getting dressed, she looked at her calendar to see the date and any upcoming events. It was the 18th February today. In the box was CM written in a dark purple marker. It was Changmin's birthday today. Soojung sighed and walked out to her balcony. To her surprise, Changmin was standing on his own balcony and looking out into the garden. He noticed her, smiled and said, "Good morning". Soojung just bowed and replied with, "Annyeonhaseyo sunbae and happy birthday. I'm going to be late, sorry", and left for school. She didn't know what to say, she was scared.

That took me forever! Yet, nothing really interesting really happened. I'm kind of stuck with the plot so I may take long to update. I'll try to write as soon as possible though!  Soz about the gay title, couldn't think of anything. I'm really bad at naming chapters. Happy reading! :D