Leaky Pen and Mianhaeyo!

Tired of Waiting

 

Soojung frowned as she realised it was Nichkhun. What is this boy thinking? Doesn't he have something to do other than follow people  around? Full got my hopes up, loser. I really thought my dream will come true. LOL. Since I didn't get any today, it'll be embarrassing to go home and tell Mum and Dad I've got no Valentine. "Yes, I'll be your Valentine", she whispered so that only she and Nichkhun could hear, took the rose and speedily walked off. Nichkhun just stood there with his eyes and mouth wide open. He then realised Soojung was already on the other side of the street and ran after her. "Jinja?! Soojung, jinja? Oh, this is the happiest day of mah life!", Nichkhun exclaimed and gave her a hug. Giving him a few pats on the back, she replied, "Only for a day, Khun. Just a day". She broke the hug and he frowned, again. "I'll walk you home today!" Nichkhun said and they made their way to her house.

"Nichkhun, we're almost there. You can go home now", Soojung told him.

"No, we have to walk to your front door and then I'll go. I need to make the most of it, you only agreed to be my Valentine for one day", Nichkhun pointed out. They got the front door and Soojung tried to push him away so he could go home but he wouldn't move. He just stood there in silence. "Khun, go home. We're here, why are you just standing there? What's wrong?" Soojung asked, a little worried that he wasn't loud and cheerful as usual. "Khun-ah, are you sick?" she said and placed her hand on his forehead to find that he's temperature was alright. As she slid her hand off, Nichkhun grabbed it and positioned in on his face. "What are yo.." Soojung snarled but was interrupted, "Soojung, just stay like this. You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to say yes. It's only for today so stop screaming at me and pretend you actually like me. Please. Soojung-ah, I know you still like him but he's a jerk. Forget Shim Changmin, you deserve better. Remember how you said his nose was too big?" he chuckled but stopped because he was the only person laughing. 

 

Nichkhun walked home thinking about what Soojung had said earlier.

"Shut up, Khun but thanks anyway", Soojung mumbled and hugged him, "You're one of my bestfriends and I don't want that to change at all. You know that when I'm screaming at you, I'm kidding right? Just stop following me around too much. There are girls out there dying to talk to you so don't ignore them. Some are very pretty too, you should actually have a look at them. Khun, I have to admit, you're too cute for me. Sometimes I think you might be gay, you bond so easily with us but maybe it's because you've always been there for me. So, go home and think about it. I'm not worth all your time, look at all the girls who are waiting for you", Soojung finished and smiled. 

He stepped back from the window and sighed. After all those years of chasing her, she finally accepted him? Soojung-ah, I never thought you would say yes to him even though you used to like him. He's too childish for you. If you waited a little longer, we would be together again. There are just some barriers in our way. Please wait for Oppa, Changmin thought.

At 6.30 in the morning, Soojung woke up to her Mother's singing and vacuuming. She stretched and headed to the bathroom with her ironed uniform. After getting ready for school, she headed downstairs for breakfast. Her Dad was reading the paper and when he noticed her coming in, he spoke, "Soojung, you got chocolates in the mailbox yesterday. I ate some, here's what's left". Her Father loved desserts even though he was a health-junkie. She didn't mind though because Soojung didn't really like chocolate. "Appa, who is it from? Was there a card or anything? I'm taking the rest to school", she said and poured milk into her bowl of cereal.  "I don't know, I just opened the box and ate the chocolates, you have a look. Remember to take the fruit salad box and fried rice I prepared for you to school", her Dad replied. 

"Thanks Daddy!" she exclaimed and went out after she finished her cereal. As Soojung was walking to school, she got thirsty and stopped to get her water bottle from her bag. She noticed that her pencilcase was half soaked in pen ink so she ped it to get the leaking pen. Aww, it's the cool pen from Miss Lee. I won't need it anymore though. She thought and threw in the air and took a sip from her bottle. "Oww! What the heck was that? Gross!" She heard a familiar voice yell in pain and disgust and turned her head to see Dongwoon looking back at her. Oh oh, otteoke? Soojung! You and your retarded throwing, always injuring someone. Now, to run or not to run? OMG OMG OMG Should I go to him and apologise? This is so embarrassing, there's people around him. All eyes on me. :O Okay, I can't escape. I'll just say sorry and help him clean up. Eugh, look at the ink on his face. She thought in a matter of seconds and ran to Dongwoon.

"Dongwoon-ssi, mianhaeyo! Here's a tissue..", she got one out and realised it was covered in blue ink. "..that's soaked in ink. Sorry, I don't have any clean tissue, take this", she said softly and handed him a pink and white handkerchief. He snatched it from Soojung and replied, "You again. What kind of handkerchief is this? I wouldn't use it but I don't have a choice. Leave me alone, I'll give it back to you after I clean it". Soojung apologised again and ran off. It was too embarrassing. She just dashed to school thinking about how unlucky she was and how she'd have to face him again at school. "Soojung, what have you done? It's probably going to be school news man. I'm going to have to face the whole school! OMG Fangirls! Otteoke? Aish, Soojung.." she said but stopped when she bumped into a tall figure's back. "Mianhaeyo, mianhaeyo", she exclaimed and bowed. 

"It's okay", she heard a familiar voice and looked up. She saw that it was him. She was speechless. Soojung stared at him blankly. It has been a while. She thought out loud. "Uhh, yes. It has been a long time. How are.." Changmin spoke but was interrupted by the bell. Yes! Saved by the bell! This is the best thing that's happened for me today. "Sorry, can we catch up another time? I'm late to class and I haven't got my books. See you another time!" She beamed with a fake smile and took off. Pheww, what was I going to do? It's so awkward but I can't be like this forever. We haven't talked for ages and we live next door to each other. How am I going to escape from the awkwardness next time? I'll have to pretend he's just like any other sunbae in the school and greet him with respect. Yes, that's what I'll do. Now, I'll have to go to class! So late!  Soojung raced to class.

"Here's your handkerchief", Dongwoon handed it to Soojung and turned his head to the whiteboard to listen to the teacher speaking. Mr. Choi was very strict so Soojung didn't dare to open , he was eyeing her and her friends as he knew they were always talking when they had the chance. Minjung slid a piece of paper to Soojung. It read:

Love your pencilcase. :) xoxo Eunsung

Totally cool! Did you dye it? LMAO 8) Minjung

She took out her pen, scribbled on the paper and handed it to Minjung. She wrote about what had happened in the morning and after her friends read it, they frowned in response. The smiled to her and gave her a look that meant, "It's okay, nothing's going to happen". She nodded and ripped a piece of paper from her notebook. Soojung quickly wrote on it and passed it on to Dongwoon who was sitting on her right. He just ignored it and continued with his work. She took the paper and put it in his pencilcase. He'll read it later, she thought. After what felt like a million years, the bell rang. Dongwoon packed his things and a scrunched piece of paper fell out of his pencilcase. He opened it and read it.

I am sooooooooo sorry. It was an accident, I promise. Does your face hurt? Do you want me to treat you to ice cream? I'm very very very very sorry. Or maybe I should stay away. It's true what you said, I'm quite dangerous. You don't wanna know how many things I've broken or how many people I've injured accidentally. For the billionth time, I am truly truly truly sorry for whacking your nose last time and for chucking the inky pen on your face.

Dongwoon chuckled, finished packing up and went to the next class which was Maths. With Soojung. Again. Everyone greeted Miss Lee and sat down. Dongwoon sat in his spot next to Soojung and ignored her. "Hey, did you forgive me yet?" She asked quietly when Miss Lee wasn't looking. He just ignored her. Soojung decided to use little notes to communicate to him so she wouldn't get in trouble. Her notes all said SORRY or FORGIVE ME and MIANHAEYO DONGWOON-SSI. Soon, his desk was flooded with her notes and he still did not reply. "YAH!" Soojung yelled at him and when she realised what she had done, covered . Oops. Miss Lee walked to her desk and saw that pieces of paper were on her table and more on Dongwoon's. "Students, we don't have time for this. What have you too been doing this whole time. Both of you, detention after school", Miss Lee said coldly.

Yes, this is a boring chapter. Soz, I'm so tired. Maybe I'll update later today. :)