No Roses?

Tired of Waiting

 

Moonjawassheong! Moonjawassheong! *Phone vibrates* With her eyes closed, Soojung kicked off her quilt and grabbed her phone on her bed-side table using her toes. She sat up and looked at the text, it read:

PARK SOOJUNG! GET YOUR OUT OF BED AND COME TO SCHOOL!

It was from Park Eunsung, her cousin. Soojung and Eunsung wasn't so close before but in high school everything changed and they've been closer than ever. (Before high school, Soojung was best friends with the kid next door and did not have many friends) Soojung punched the buttons on her phone and pressed Send at the speed of light. Her message said:

YAH! I'M NOT COMING TO SCHOOL. I NEVER EVER COME ON THIS DAY. YOU KNOW THAT! IT WOULD BE SOOO EMBARRASSING. TODAY IS MY DAY-OFF. GOING BACK TO SLEEP! LATERS, LOSER.

She laid herself back down on her cosy bed and shut her eyes but could not fall asleep. The reason why Soojung never came to school on this day was because it was Valentine's Day. It reminded her of him, the boy next door. She almost forgot his name, Oh right, Shim Changmin. How could I forget that name? Hehe, he is my best friend. Actually, my bad. He was my best friend. She sighed and stared into space.

FLASHBACK

"Eomma, is this our new home? Whoaa," four year old Soojung chimed, jumping out of the car. She had just moved to Seoul with her family from Australia. "Yes, sweetie. Want to see the inside? Kaja!" Mrs Park replied. They walked inside the beautiful house and Soojung gasped at the luxurious interior that was already prepared. "Eomma, I like it! I like it! I like it! This is purrrrrfect," Soojung exclaimed. Her mother took her upstairs to take a cool bath and get changed into comfy clothes. After Soojung was done dressing, she ran to the balcony of her room. She looked through the rails and saw a boy about her age picking flowers near her garden.

"Yah! What are you doing picking people's flowers? You naughty boy! Who are you?" the little girl screamed her tiny lungs out. The boy turned around and said cheerfully, "Oh, annyeong! You must be our new neighbour. I'm Shim Changmin, these are my flowers. I'm picking them for my mother, it's Valentine's Day. Do you want one pretty girl? Hehe". Little Changmin giggled. Soojung turned around, hearing her mother's voice calling her, "Soojung, what are you doing out there? Come inside and eat". She ran back inside without a word.

FLASHBACK OVER

"YAH! I HAD TO COME ALL THE WAY HERE FOR YOU, NOW GET UP! Soojung snapped out of her thoughts and sat up. OMG How dare she? Mother let Eunsung in my room. She knows I don't want to go to school today and she's fine with that. Soojung thought. She glared at Eunsung, they were having a staring competition. They stared at each other for what felt like ten years. Soojung's eyes got tired but she couldn't give up, she was the master of the staring game. Eunsung was soon tired and gave up. "Soojung! We're wasting time! Let's go to school! Don't worry, I'm not giving up, let's have a rematch at school. Now get ready and change," Eunsung snapped. "What a lame excuse, keep dreaming Eunsung-ah, I am NOT going to school. You can't make me," Soojung spat out. 

Soojung and Eunsung got to the front gates of Sydney High and saw couples holding hands with red roses. "OMO Eunsung, why did you make me come? I'm going to come home with nothing but books!" Soojung exclaimed.

Author's note: Yes, Soojung said Eunsung couldn't make her come to school but Eunsung was an evil cousin. She knew almost everything about Soojung. Eunsung had blackmailed her, she said that if Soojung did not come to school, she'll tell their Oppa Cousin Jay that Soojung had drew on his face last year at a party and embarrassed him. You probably think there's no big deal but this was Jay, Park Jaebeom to be specific. He was a meanest cousin in the family, he would rip your belly button off if you messed with him. No, I'm just kidding but he could ruin Soojung's life even though he could be a good cousin at times.

So, Soojung and Eunsung walked into the school and met up with their friends. "HEY CHINGU!" Eunchae (the loud one) beamed to them. Minjung just stuck her palm up. LMAO, what is this girl up to? Soojung thought. Eunchae spoke up, "We're betting how long she can stay like that cos you know, she has a pretty big mouth". Minjung glared at her and Eunchae continued, "I'm just joking! AHAHAH It's good you didn't fall for it and talked. You won't be able to last that long anyway". After greeting their friends, they walked to their lockers. 

To their surprise, they all had a rose or a snack each on their lockers except for Soojung. Actually, Soojung wasn't surprised at all. This was the reason why she never wanted to come to school on Valentine's Day, it was embarrassing. She wasn't going to be depressed or anything but it would be nice to get something. Was she that bad? Unattractive? LOL She let out a small laugh, it was funny that she actually thought that. Soojung never really thought about looking pretty fro anyone. 

At the end of the corridor, Changmin was taking a peak at his ex-bestfriend. He was truly sorry for taking the roses and chocolates on her locker every Valentine's morning. No one knew about this, he was very careful not to let anyone see. He didn't want to lose her to anyone even though he didn't even own her. Changmin watched her frown and then laugh her way to class. He smiled.

I'm so tired! I'll try to update soon! LOL It's only chapter one. :D